gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This July, the truth about Matt Murdock’s parents comes to light in DAREDEVIL #6 – an Original Sin Tie-In! After nearly 30 years, the untold story of Matt Murdock’s mother will finally be revealed, courtesy of Eisner award-winning writer Mark Waid and critically acclaimed artist Javier Rodriguez! Raised in a broken home, Matt Murdock made peace with his mother’s absence long ago, even though he never knew why. Now, thanks to the events of Original Sin, the Man Without Fear will be set on a path that will send her crashing back into his life! Only their meeting won’t be exactly as he imagined! What is the dark secret that tore apart the Murdock family? How did Matt’s mother become Sister Maggie? Matt Murdock’s journey to the truth begins as Original Sin opens the Man Without Fear’s eyes this July in DAREDEVIL #6!

DAREDEVIL #6 (MAY140783)

Written by MARK WAID

Art by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

Cover by CHRIS SAMNEE

FOC – 06/30/14, On-Sale – 07/23/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Waid... just stop.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobenracicot: He's messing with stories that don't need to be messed with, especially since it's one he didn't even like

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: makes sense. I really like his Daredevil though. Isn't the whole idea of Original Sin is to add some dark secret to characters that didn't exist in normal continuity? What would you prefer he do as a story?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: makes sense. I really like his Daredevil though. Isn't the whole idea of Original Sin is to add some dark secret to characters that didn't exist in normal continuity? What would you prefer he do as a story?

Mess with whatever he added to the DD continuity or something from the Silver Age since he seems to be obsessed with that anyway.

Lazz33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I trust Waid. This has been my favourite series consistently during his run and I will continue to give everything he writes a chance.

Carolina574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Carolina574

I have been a daredevil guy since the frank miller stuff and I personally love the different direction Waid has taken the guy. I trust the man and hope he sticks around a while.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By Teerack

I've been wondering what Matt saw that made him blow everyone else off in Original Sin. I'm looking forward to this. I love the ups and downs of Waid's run. Especially since so many past DD writers we're fine with keeping him one dimensional with the consistent doom and gloom.

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tobenracicot said:

Mess with whatever he added to the DD continuity or something from the Silver Age since he seems to be obsessed with that anyway.

Lol that wouldn't fit in original sin at all. All the original sins are tied into the characters origins or from before they became heroes.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I think that if you are going to call out Waid everyone else needs to be called out. Why is he getting heat when Deadpool and all the other heroes are having things added to them.

@teerack: I totally agree with you! The whole point of events like this is to add more to the characters. Why not do something different.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#11  Edited By Teerack

I just noticed he's talking to Hawkeye on that last page. I think that's really neat since Hawkeye is one of the few characters I can see becoming part of the Marvel Knight cast at some point. I wonder though does this story take place before Daredevil #1 (2014) since DD was in New York City in Original Sin and he should have been in San Diego already.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I think that if you are going to call out Waid everyone else needs to be called out. Why is he getting heat when Deadpool and all the other heroes are having things added to them.

@teerack: I totally agree with you! The whole point of events like this is to add more to the characters. Why not do something different.

I complain plenty about the Hulk/Iron Man crap, as for the rest I'm not reading anyway but Waid is not a good Daredevil writer. He seems to think he's writing blind Spider-Man.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

…at least I like the art.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It doesn't look like the Jetsons anymore

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kidchipotle

@arturocalakayvee said:

It doesn't look like the Jetsons anymore

The coloring is still a little too campy though.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: When DD first premiered, I thought he was happy and optimistic. Back when he had the yellow and brown I mean.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: When DD first premiered, I thought he was happy and optimistic. Back when he had the yellow and brown I mean.

He was then. Then he had character development.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In most of the Daredevil stories I've read featuring Jack Murdock there was always something a little off about him. In most of them at some point he would hit his son, and force him to study, and kind of hang out in that recliner in the dark. I think this take is spot on with the history of the character. I'm really looking forward to it.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I always thought his father was an a$$hole and those panels in the 1st page nail it, just not sure what the story is about and if we need another version of his family story.

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waid writes a great Daredevil, I'm sorry that it's not for everybody!

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By butters911
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Don't blame Waid. Pretty much every hero at Marvel is having their origin screwed with as part of this latest company wide crossover.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobenracicot said:

Yeah. Don't blame Waid. Pretty much every hero at Marvel is having their origin screwed with as part of this latest company wide crossover.

I can still blame Waid for not being a good Daredevil writer

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
jriddle73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jriddle73

@jonny_anonymous said:

Waid's run has been the lowest selling DD comic in decades

Diggle was selling over 40,000 copies for about half his run; it would dip slightly below that into the upper 30,000s for the other half. He was in the mid-40,000s for the last several months of his run. Waid got the usual big bump from the reboot then dropped below 40,000 with his third issue and only ever rose above it three other times throughout the whole of Vol. 3. By the end of that volume, he was barely selling above 30,000 copies (barely above cancellation level). In three years, he eliminated a quarter of the audience. You have to go all the way back to the last days of Vol. 1 in '97 and '98 to find sales worse than Waid's.

He's gotten another bump from the latest relaunch, but it will drop off quickly too.

jriddle73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Waid... just stop.

I do NOT want Waid screwing with DD's background! Matt has always been his father's son; it's one of the most important parts of who he is, and now that, too, is going to be taken away by Waid? Must he take away absolutely everything until there's no DD left at all? Get this clown off my Daredevil!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

so much non-stop complaining

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I always thought his dad was a pretty decent guy.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before everybody make a lynching mob maybe people should breath for one moment and see what will happen in original sin before we judge.

In most of the Daredevil stories I've read featuring Jack Murdock there was always something a little off about him. In most of them at some point he would hit his son, and force him to study, and kind of hang out in that recliner in the dark. I think this take is spot on with the history of the character. I'm really looking forward to it.

Jack was and alcoholic at times absent from Matt's life. All in all an old fashion dad but in all the stories he loved and cared for Matt and wanted a better life from him.

@jonny_anonymous said:

Waid... just stop.

I do NOT want Waid screwing with DD's background! Matt has always been his father's son; it's one of the most important parts of who he is, and now that, too, is going to be taken away by Waid? Must he take away absolutely everything until there's no DD left at all? Get this clown off my Daredevil!

Nothing indicates that he will not be Matt's father and Jack did live a pretty sketchy life.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By The Mast

Jonny and that other Daredevil guy basically hate on Waid like they're paid to. I wouldn't pay attention to anything they say.

They hate it, but they either keep buying it just to complain or they illegally download it. Either way, those two stay losing this argument.

"Eisners mean nothing." *Proceeds to suggest sales are somehow reflective of quality*

Loads of great books don't sell. Chill out.

I've complained about certain aspects of Waid's run, but I also love it. My thing is to complain when I've been given reason. Not wait for him to write something, assume it'll be bad, then say it is no matter what.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Smearing mud across his father's grave stone that says "A GOOD MAN"? How can that not be upsetting to long-time Daredevil fans? I understand how this whole Original Sin event has already messed up quite a few people and I suppose pointing out how something "has to give" in Matt's past is part of the deal, but to have it result in him doing that? I don't think I want to know.

jriddle73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hislolita said:

Smearing mud across his father's grave stone that says "A GOOD MAN"? How can that not be upsetting to long-time Daredevil fans?

As I said before, Matt has always been his father's son. "Dad. He was the greatest." The basic decency, the pride, the drive to never quit--it's all Jack Murdock. "The measure of a man is not in how he gets knocked down to the mat; it is in how he gets up." Fogwell's Gym has been treated as practically a religious shrine. Battlin' Jack was human and did things, at times, of which he was not proud. Matt knows this, understands this, and has unconditionally loved him anyway, warts and all, and never judged him. Times were hard and his father did the best he could. All of this is a part of DD's story that has been with him from the beginning, through every iteration. It was there when the book had very little in the way of an unique soul and it's been reinforced by every writer who has worked on the character at any length since Frank Miller gave it one.

Screwing with that is something that would provoke pretty much universal outrage of a fairly substantial nature among actual DD fans, regardless of who was manning the screw. In the context of Waid's run, it comes after years in which Waid has gone out of his way to strip every bit of Daredevil from Daredevil until there's virtually nothing left, and now he's going into the past to try to take this from DD as well. I find it more than a little depressing that Marvel is allowing this to go on. Horrible.