Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Cooke76

@daredevil21134 said:

I can't wait until Waid leaves.I know that won't be anytime soon since the majority of people love it

IDK about that, but it certainly is a favorite among both creators and critics alike, which I'll totally admit to, it's just not why I like DD.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By daredevil21134

@Cooke76 said:

@microwave25 said:

Lot of people hating on Waid on Daredevil!

I personally think its the best superhero book on the shelves. It seems lots of comic fans have issues with change and new direction. This is fresh and enjoyable and I think a lot of writers should be studying Waid for new ideas because god knows the industry needs it at the moment with superheros.

For me, it's more about what attracts me to certain characters. With DD, it was the gritty crime edge. The stories Waid is telling with DD now seem more appropriate for Spider-Man, but the thing is, when I want a Spider-Man story, I'll buy one. I don't pick up DD comics for Spider-Man stories.

I agree.

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By xanthiss

Yeah the Waid DD just don't interest me. I have read DD since 1984 and this is the first time I don't want to read the issues.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By blur1528

@longbowhunter said:

THIS BOOK CAN NOT BE STOPPED!!!

Hey look I get it. I'm a HUGE fan of Bendis' and Brubaker's work on this character, but there is nothing wrong with taking Daredevil back to his roots a bit. I seriously hate that every time this title is mentioned it causes an uproar. It really seems that this is a book you either unabashedly love or loathe. Glad I'm the former and not the latter.

Boom.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By LordRequiem

That cover looks really difficult to draw. Pity the same cannot be said for the disappointing inside.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Cover, awesomeness from Paolo Rivera. The interior art...eh...not so much :/

lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By lb70145

I think after that Shadowland garbage, people are just glad that DD is not a book trying to find the next best way to screw DD over. Let DD have his fun time. The stories are unique and the art is great. People need to stop asking for it to be dark again. The status quo isn't always the best way to make a book good. Creators going against the grain is what makes great stories.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58  Edited By KRYPTON

@LB70145 said:

I think after that Shadowland garbage, people are just glad that DD is not a book trying to find the next best way to screw DD over. Let DD have his fun time. The stories are unique and the art is great. People need to stop asking for it to be dark again. The status quo isn't always the best way to make a book good. Creators going against the grain is what makes great stories.

Agreed, DD is a lot more fun now. He doesn't always need to be a brooding or dark hero to get the job done, he's already done that in Shadowland and also where he was Daredevil full time and not Matt Murdock in the 90's

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JonSmith

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@blur1528 said:
Hating on Waid? Man's killing it. Made me like Daredevil.
Man's totally changing the tone and characteristics of my favourite superhero, how do you think a Batman fan would feel if he was changed back to the campy version? Or if Spider-Man was turned into a hard-boiled antihero?

I'd actually kind want to see a no nonsense cynical Spider-Man, personally.

gnarlycore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By gnarlycore

It's funny to see the love/hate people are having with DD...He's been my favorite character since I read Miller's run about 15 years ago. I'm really enjoying Waid's run, I like the change of pace, and the semi-lighthearted feel to it. There's still some darker elements (Matt's dad's grave stuff), albeit they're a little bit more camped up (can't remember, if ever, DD fought the Mole Man). It's almost a guarantee, Matt will be put through the ringer again, and everything will come crashing down. I do think it's strange for longtime DD fans to not welcome change, you've basically been seeing Matt have the worst life ever since the 80's, let the guy have a semi-break.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By blur1528

Like Scarlet Spider?

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Cooke76

@LB70145 said:

Going against the grain is what made The Clone Saga and the Joel Schumacher Batman movies happen. While I agree that Shadowland was a bit of a misstep (although the art was fantastic), there was absolutely no reason to go this far into the opposite direction.

Oh well, the first issue of the new Hawkeye series looked promising. Maybe this will be my new street book.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#63  Edited By Green ankh

DD hasnt been this good since the Miller/Jansen days.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By daredevil21134

@Green ankh said:

DD hasnt been this good since the Miller/Jansen days.

LOL

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By daredevil21134

@gnarlycore said:

It's funny to see the love/hate people are having with DD...He's been my favorite character since I read Miller's run about 15 years ago. I'm really enjoying Waid's run, I like the change of pace, and the semi-lighthearted feel to it. There's still some darker elements (Matt's dad's grave stuff), albeit they're a little bit more camped up (can't remember, if ever, DD fought the Mole Man). It's almost a guarantee, Matt will be put through the ringer again, and everything will come crashing down. I do think it's strange for longtime DD fans to not welcome change, you've basically been seeing Matt have the worst life ever since the 80's, let the guy have a semi-break.

I am a longtime DD fan as well and let me tell you that we don't mind change at all.We just don't wanna see DD wise cracking, tongue kissing random mob brides ,talking about Kim Kardashian and wearing sweaters that says "i'm not Daredevil.We wanna feel like we're reading about Daredevil not Spider-man 2.0.DD can have a break without acting like a clown.Daredevil Redemption was a good DD story and it didn't have DD drowned in depression.Personally I don't think any of the current story arcs have been that interesting imo.

lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By lb70145

@Cooke76: As readers of comics, we should be more welcoming to change and lack of status quo writing. Every once and while, experimentation should be allowed to happen. Otherwise books stagnate and become boring. Not that I am saying every time a creator experiments is amazing, but 9 times out of 10 different is better than more of the same.

Think of it this way. Let's say your favorite dessert is cake. What would happen if you had cake for dessert EVERY day? You would get tired of it. Even if it was really good cake, you would get sick of the fact that it is cake. Having pie, flan, or a souffle every once and while breaks up the monotony and adds more flavor/variety to your dessert.

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cooke76

@LB70145 said:

@Cooke76: As readers of comics, we should be more welcoming to change and lack of status quo writing. Every once and while, experimentation should be allowed to happen. Otherwise books stagnate and become boring. Not that I am saying every time a creator experiments is amazing, but 9 times out of 10 different is better than more of the same.

Think of it this way. Let's say your favorite dessert is cake. What would happen if you had cake for dessert EVERY day? You would get tired of it. Even if it was really good cake, you would get sick of the fact that it is cake. Having pie, flan, or a souffle every once and while breaks up the monotony and adds more flavor/variety to your dessert.

I'm not sure I agree with your dessert analogy. No one would want the same dessert every day for the rest of their lives, but cake and comics are two vastly different things.

As for not liking change, there's good change and bad change. Bendis' outing DD's identity to the world? Good change. Miller changing the tone of a book that no one cared about to one that quickly became critically acclaimed? Another good change. Changing the tone back?

Ehhh...I'm not so sure.

Mokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Mokey

Really? A decade of Matt's life being a living hell wasn't enough for you guys?

TerryMcC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#69  Edited By TerryMcC

Heck of a cover picture.... however.... why are there blood vessels going to his horns? 

I haven't followed DD in quite a while, he doesn't have horns sticking out his head now does he?!!!?
manofsteel42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By manofsteel42

Cant we just let this has been superhero down to rest? focus on other characters that need a Push like Hellion or Punisher

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By daredevil21134
No Caption Provided

@manofsteel42 said:

Cant we just let this has been superhero down to rest? focus on other characters that need a Push like Hellion or Punisher

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Mokey said:

Really? A decade of Matt's life being a living hell wasn't enough for you guys?

That's how I feel.  

@manofsteel42 said:

Punisher doesn't need a push and Hellion will never be as popular as Daredevil, regardless of what Marvel choses to do with him.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By TDK_1997

I like Mark Waid and his run on every title he has ever been and I love his work on DD,too.