Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

The first issue of CAPTAIN MARVEL did pretty well, and we're all pretty excited to check out the second issue. But before it hits stores on August 15th, we got a look at the second issue of the popular series written by Kelly Sue DeConnick and featuring the art of Dexter Soy. What did you think of the first issue? Check out the preview below and let us know if you're looking forward to issue #2.

Marvel is proud to present your first look at Captain Marvel #2! The all-new creative team of Kelly Sue DeConnick & Dexter Soy dial it up a notch as Carol Danvers comes face to face with a challenge from her past – one she can’t walk away from! And who – or what – is the secret of the Banshee Squadron? Also, don’t miss your chance to see Marvel history in the making when Captain Marvel #1 Second Printing Variant & Avenging Spider-Man #9 Second Printing Variant fly back into comic book stores, starring the all-new smash hit superhero Captain Marvel! Dive into the high-stakes adventures of Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel #2, soaring into comic shops everywhere, the Marvel Comics app, and Marvel Digital Comic Shop this August.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #2 (JUN120653)

Written by KELLY SUE DECONNICK

Penciled by DEXTER SOY

Cover by ED MCGUNNIESS

== TEASER ==

FOC – 7/23/2012, On Sale – 8/15/2012

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #9 SECOND PRINTING VARIANT (JUN128074)

Written by KELLY SUE DECONNICK

Pencils and Cover by TERRY DODSON

FOC – 7/30/12, ON-SALE – 8/22/12\

#1 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet. loving the new series.

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Good series....bad mullet. Bad.

#3 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Still waiting on issue one, love the artwork, and I always say this, but her and Webs should totally become an item. Their dynamic is excellent.

#4 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugly ass art.

#5 Posted by Novemberx2 (478 posts) - - Show Bio

the art is nice but sometimes to blurry for its own good. hope this series goes somewhere and that captain marvel is on the main the avengers team when hichkman takes over.

#6 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks

#7 Posted by Outside_85 (10240 posts) - - Show Bio

Pity McGuiness isn't on interiors.

#8 Posted by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the art so much! Looking forward to issue 2!

#9 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this new Captain Marvel. I hope MARVEL sticks with it, because really, she needs it.

#10 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

this book looks OK, but i wonder how they will keep people interested in this title unless this first arc goes really well, Marvel Now is comming up and alot of people will most likely turn their heads toward those newer titles and most of their favorites are being cancelled. so idk how long this title will hold up with the circumstances, hope the best for this series though,

#11 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is lovely! Don't see how anyone can't like it personally.

Hopefully Marvel sticks with this and doesn't cancel her after 16 issues. She needs to be up there with Iron Man and Cap as a big time Avenger!

#12 Posted by Ijan092 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Good series....bad mullet. Bad.

actually, is not a mullet. she just moves her hair back.

#13 Posted by Whiskeyjack (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not caring for the McGuiness covers at all. It's bad enough that so many covers have nothing to do with their contents, but different artists without it being a variant just feels like a bait and switch. Enjoying the interior art, as well as the story.

#14 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ijan092: Ahhh yes I see now. Well that's good, because I sure as hell wouldn't like a Joe Dirt vibe to my Carol hehe.

#15 Posted by Dernman (15703 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like the art style for a Ms Marvel book. I'm also trying to read the book while ignoring the name and look change.

#16 Posted by DazzHardy (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the first issue on my iPad and it looked great. Can't wait to see the second.

#17 Posted by CitizenJP (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Love her costume.

#18 Posted by RalfvdH (651 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the new design.... very much like Kelly Sue  DeConnick... but I really despise the artwork.... still must say its a little bit better than issue #1 (at least for what I've seen)  but I still really don't like it... and I'm sorry to say that's a deal breaker for me...

#19 Posted by sparty-dbq (849 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooo... she just randomly traveled back in time?

#20 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see they are sticking with the same great art. Can't wait to see what issue 2 brings because I really loved issue 1

#21 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5001 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem said:

Still waiting on issue one, love the artwork, and I always say this, but her and Webs should totally become an item. Their dynamic is excellent.

Make it so Marvel!

#22 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a supporter of her becoming Captain Marvel, of her costume change, and her getting her own title. I hope this new series lasts past #50 and lasts long enough to have several different artists and writers work on it and maybe her costume to change only slightly.

#23 Posted by DanversBraddockfan (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely LOVED the writing, the art. Perfect! #CarolCorps

#24 Edited by Hancock89 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get the hate, I love this new route they've taken with Carol Danvers. Sure the art is not the prettiest but I like the fact that it's not focusing on sensuality or over sexualized poses to appeal to the male audience in order to sell more issues, which means that they really want to shed more light on what drives Carol as a character, as well as add more substance to her immediate support cast. I'm really willing to give this title a chance and I think it's too soon to shun it.   

I am not wording my idea well enough but what's sure is that I'm genuinely looking forward to see where they'll go with this.

#25 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hancock89 said:

I don't get the hate, I love this new route they've taken with Carol Danvers. Sure the art is not the prettiest but I like the fact that it's not focusing on sensuality or over sexualized poses to appeal to the male audience in order to sell more issues, which means that they really want to shed more light on what drives Carol as a character, as well as add more substance to her immediate support cast. I'm really willing to give this title a chance and I think it's too soon to shun it. I am not wording my idea well enough but what's sure is that I'm genuinely looking forward to see where they'll go with this.

This.

#26 Posted by Teerack (7420 posts) - - Show Bio

thank god it seems they deiced to not give her a mohawk.

@RedheadedAtrocitus: her hair is just slicked back. It's not a mullet at all.

#27 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Not this time.

#28 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

This art is growing on me to where I really like it!

#29 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hancock89 said:

I don't get the hate, I love this new route they've taken with Carol Danvers. Sure the art is not the prettiest but I like the fact that it's not focusing on sensuality or over sexualized poses to appeal to the male audience in order to sell more issues, which means that they really want to shed more light on what drives Carol as a character, as well as add more substance to her immediate support cast. I'm really willing to give this title a chance and I think it's too soon to shun it. I am not wording my idea well enough but what's sure is that I'm genuinely looking forward to see where they'll go with this.

This....but I'm in the majority (minority?) who loves the art. I'm really excited to see where they go with this series, and Carol as a character.

#30 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the art, hate the mullet

#31 Posted by Jolt92 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked the first one, definitely getting the second issue too. I think the interiors are okay, I would prefer some more traditional comic book art, but the covers are absolutely terrible. Not only are they ugly, but incredibly boring too, someone posing infront of a one-colored background isn't going to impress anyone.

#32 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@RalfvdH: It really is a very well written comic, I definitely advise overlooking the art (as hard as that may be) and it'll have probably changed hands by #5 and by then you'll have contributed to a great title! At least it isn't as bad as the murky, confusing art of the Otherworld arc in Uncanny X-Force. Talk about sloppy.

#33 Posted by Blunt (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a bad read at all but the covers are fucking woeful.

#34 Posted by That60sGuy (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not loving the covers - pretty basic and boring.

The interior art is decent - I quite like it but it could be better. My main problem is her face just doesn't look enough like Carol Danvers!

I'll keep reading this as I'm a Danvers fan and fingers crossed there'll be SOME kind of appearance from Mar-Vell - obviously in flashback or dream form.

#35 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, loved the first issue.

#36 Posted by warpgirl (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the art, love Carol being back with her own title, but absolutely hate the art.

#37 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1142 posts) - - Show Bio

not a fan of the art style on this, that may make me drop the book before anything else, as I am having a hard time liking the uniform as it is lol

I do however like her hair in the comic as opposed to the covers

#38 Posted by jamzdageek (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Although the art is a questionable choice for the series (IMO fits more a Captain America/Invaders style book) I can say that it's fresh. I don't think Carol was drawn this way before but it really looks like Dexter Soy is having fun. The new costume is kick-ass and suits Captain Marvel. It's the type of suit only the main character in an on-going title can pull-off. With the write story the art-style can really blossom.

#39 Posted by odysseyuwrf (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible, new look. Don't like it. That costume looks dated, not classic. Should've updated her old look, but remained consistent with the past. Like DCNU Wonder Woman.

#40 Posted by ripcurl (535 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the art, but not the haircut.