Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#101  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@akbogert: That's a problem I have with language, the fact that male terms are often used for all people, as if men are the main kind of people and women are some kind of minority or variant species. Like your french example, or humans being called 'man' to casual things like saying 'hi guys' to a mixed group being generally accepted.

I actually don't like the name 'X-Men' because of my issues with language, but seeing as that's what the team is called, I don't see why the name should be changed because of who's in the team.

When Wood was last writing X-men (vol.3), the team consisted of three women, one girl, and one man. Should Storm change the name of her team just because Colossus left? I think that's absurd.

Storm is the leader of the X-men, all of these characters are X-men; why make it any more complicated than that?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

^ fair point.

Similar to what I was saying, but in reverse: wouldn't want to change the name if a man were added, so why change it when a man's removed?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f797850d03c6
deactivated-5f797850d03c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome!

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

wow I'm loving the artwork and character designs.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Love Psylocke she's cool

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

im so sick of every new kid in Marvel being the Savior or Destroyer of Earth! its getting old.

i want them to put Hope, the Apocalypse twins, Genesis, Wolfbane's kid, and this new baby ina room and let them duke it out. i dont have time for 6 saviors/genocidal maniacs!!

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nice.....looking forward to reading it.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By akbogert

im so sick of every new kid in Marvel being the Savior or Destroyer of Earth! its getting old.

i want them to put Hope, the Apocalypse twins, Genesis, Wolfbane's kid, and this new baby ina room and let them duke it out. i dont have time for 6 saviors/genocidal maniacs!!

Joke's on you when the fight itself is what brings about the apocalypse and keeping them all alive was earth's only hope :P

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By HAWK2916

why are their complaints all the time about every x-book. If you hate it so much dont read it.

DadaHyena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mohawk Storm! Hooray!

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By kid Apollo

@akbogert: haha honestly ill take it! theres always another universe

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@novi_homines said:

@dernman said:

Yet another X-Men book? Again using characters in multiple books.

The X Men is in some ways vast enough to have their own universe (which many people debate if they should). Their history is just so rich, so I can somewhat understand.

What you are talking about is more along the lines of the mutant universe then the X-Men. Take X-Factor for an example. It's a mutant book but it's not another X-Men book. ya ya I know the sales are not that great but for me I'd rather have that then yet another X-Men book. For something so rich they keep digging into the shallow end of the pool.

Shallow? This is probably the most unique and different x-men book available right now...

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's Puck????? Oh, wait. That's X-Force.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman said:

@novi_homines said:

@dernman said:

The X Men is in some ways vast enough to have their own universe (which many people debate if they should). Their history is just so rich, so I can somewhat understand.

What you are talking about is more along the lines of the mutant universe then the X-Men. Take X-Factor for an example. It's a mutant book but it's not another X-Men book. ya ya I know the sales are not that great but for me I'd rather have that then yet another X-Men book. For something so rich they keep digging into the shallow end of the pool.

Shallow? This is probably the most unique and different x-men book available right now...

There is nothing unique about this book other then the insignificant fact it's an all female caste.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@novi_homines said:

@dernman said:

@novi_homines said:

@dernman said:

There is nothing unique about this book other then the insignificant fact it's an all female caste.

well hey, thats your opinion. I however disagree.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@jamdamage:

The Bible doesn't say women should JUST do that! Don't go there!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miss_garrick:

It's what all women should be doing. Looking after the baby and cleaning the house. It's in the Bible.

So, what? Women just shouldn't be superheroes?

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Godangit FINALY. I'm buying it

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#120  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@123cgm said:

what about emma frost?

She wants nothing to do with the other X-teams.

hyenascar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#121  Edited By hyenascar

and here we go with the inevitable ugliness from posters, just because they can. All pettiness and possible ugliness aside, the reason i'm dissapointed with this book is that I love most of these characters and it shows female power, but only in a vacuum. If you are trying to show the depth of any kind of human, whether it be by gender, race, age, or whatever category, and you exclude the other categories are you really learning or exemplifying that trait that you wanted to identify. Rachael and Betsy are two of my favorite x-men period. It has nothing to do with sex.This comes off extremely gimmicky. I wouldn't want an all men x-men, or an all elderly x-men. (Or would I?)

Maybe there is a good reason for the all women team, I can't think of one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.So we shall see.

Jubilee as a vampire has actually been a surprisingly fun read. I have enjoyed most of what has come out with her.

Oh, the art looks fantastic. No denying it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#122 god_spawn  Moderator

How old is Jubilee? And seriously "an orphaned baby who might hold the key to the Earth’s survival…or its destruction!" Again?!?!? SERIOUSLY??!!

So, the first time we have an all female X title and it's not them doing powerful superhero stuff, it's about them looking after a baby... What am I supposed to interpret here??

Jubes is 18. She was mentioned to being 17 in Wolverine and Jubilee or X-Men during the Curse of the Mutants arc issues 1-6 somewhere in there, (can't remember which series or issue) had a birthday in issue 11 of X-Men volume 3 so it was her 18th.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Storm and Kitty weren't in this book I would probably look more forward to it.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#124  Edited By nappystr8

Coipel's art looks really different here than it usually does. More exaggerated and experimental. I'm not sure yet whether this change annoys or excites me.

hyenascar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@illyanarasputin:

1. you named yourself after my absolute favorite character.

2. Storm and Kitty annoy me too. Although Storm once in a while has her moments.

3. I don't have a three but two doesn't seem as important.

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By tximinoman

I would definetly read this, those are some of my favourite female characters (I love Kitty and Ororo and Betsy was one of the best things in Uncanny X-Force. Also, if Rogue's well written she can be awesome), Coipel is awesome and the idea of an all female group sounds fresh and cool.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By laabitres

loving the art cant wait

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diggin' Storms mohawk. Love the art and can't wait to pick this up. My guess is this won't stay all female for very long so there's no reason to trip on the name. It may seem weird to call it the X-Men if there's only one dude and five women but it is no big deal. Don't worry the world will still turn.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So did the baby cure Jubilee of her vampire thing

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

wolfsbane had a kid, when did that happen?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By akbogert

@umbrafeline: During Kyle/Yost's X-Force...right before or during Second Coming (edit: it was in Necrosha). It was with Hrimhari, who sacrificed his life to save her and the child (albeit in a roundabout way).

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

Looks awesome

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@akbogert said:

@umbrafeline: During Kyle/Yost's X-Force...right before or during Second Coming (edit: it was in Necrosha). It was with Hrimhari, who sacrificed his life to save her and the child (albeit in a roundabout way).

oh, I didnt read 2nd coming. maybe I should. thanks

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

SOOO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!!!

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umbrafeline: you dont need to read 2nd coming for the story, the majority of it starts in the X-force series, then theres the Hrimhari part in Necrosha, then the rest picks up in X-factor. kids name is Tier. check him out

ALittleTooRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good! I hope they will find a place for more secondary characters like my girl Mercury I saw in these teaser images. So many great X-Characters have been kept on the shelf for too long.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Foam Guy. OH MY GOD IT'S THE AVATAR!.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By lykopis

This new revamped X-Men book looks amazing -- with incredible X-Men characters in it.

Enough already about it being all women -- each character being showcased in this are veteran X-Men in their own right.

There are no X-Men and X-Women. There are only X-Men. Get over it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't want to be the villain who attacks them when all thier menstrual cycles line up.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Maybe it's just because it's 2 a.m., but I can't stop laughing. That is the perfect .gif.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@123cgm said:

what about emma frost?

She wants nothing to do with the other X-teams.

Pretty sure the feelings mutual.

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

There are no X-Men and X-Women. There are only X-Men. Get over it.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@xwraith said:

@g_money_christmas: When did she lose the ability to fly in the first place?

Former abilities:

She formerly had permanently stored Ms. Marvel's power template, which used to give her flight, superhuman strength, endurance, reflexes, durability, and a seventh sense that allowed her to react instinctively to danger, to anticipate her opponents moves, and target in on specified objects.- From the ComicVine Rogue Wiki

I have never seen her fly in any of the recent comics I've read with her in them. Granted, I haven't been into comics for a super long time, but I've read a few different stories with her and I've never seen her once leave the ground without help.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By mrkareemruiz
Agypt2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Agypt2020

I do mind artwork and story but never did like the mohawk look on Storm, that was fine when she lost her powers and challenged Cyclops to leadership of the X-Men way back twenty years ago. She does not have to wear it to be tough and confident. Beautiful hair try styling of present times or leave it alone. The look is like they never had aged, still stuck in late 80s and early 90s with costumes; though I do like Storm. 2013 grow them up, none are teens anymore do not be afraid of change.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By laabitres

ive been waiting for this x-men r my fav of all marvel n an all female team would kick ass