• 144 results
Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The moment I saw Storm rockin' the mohawk again, the level of excitement in me reached a new high. An all female cast of some of my most favored characters just sent a hook through my heart.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This book looks very pretty. I wish it didn't come out at the end of the month ;_;

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Women!
Also the title says Rouge twice wtf??

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheBlackHood

Wait... Isn't X-force now all women except Puck? Couldn't they just have taken Puck out of that series and it would have been the same thing? The rosters seem to have a few characters in common, though I may be wrong as I dropped that book after the 1st issue out of sheer boredom and that is saying something as a huge Psylocke fan.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for volume one of this trade! I can't afford to add it my pull list :(

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Smurfboy

You got two same names "Rogue" in the title, in case you didn't notice. ;-) I really REALLY want to get this title but, er, I'm poor. But I will definitely get it in Hardcover collection like I normally do with many other titles.

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I will definitely check this book out!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#58  Edited By akbogert

So, the first time we have an all female X title and it's not them doing powerful superhero stuff, it's about them looking after a baby... What am I supposed to interpret here??

Valid question (though I'd say "involves" rather than "about"). I'd like to see it pitched to the team.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jubilee has a BABY?!

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sooooo... Rogue can fly again, suddenly? Not picking this one up. Too many on my pull list and I don't really care about Jubilee or Storm.

HollowPrince65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks really cool. I wish I had the money to pick it up

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH MY GOD!!!!!

SO, SO MUCH HYPE!!!!!

BRING ON THE COMIC ALREADY!!

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@akbogert: Thanks for thinking I'm valid. And you're right, I should have said 'involves'.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Jubilee still a vampire? I haven"t read a book with her in it since X-23 ended so I was just wondering.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Looks sweet! Only complaint I have is Storms Mohawk. She looks a lot better with longer hair IMO.

Jmenna07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jmenna07

I love all things X-Men related so I'll definitely be checking this out. Not to mention I've always had a soft spot for Jubilee. Probably because she was in the animated series and I loved watching that as a kid.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

still cant believe this is happening and i dont think it will fully sink in until i have the issue in my hands. why couldnt this come out in may???! and why not call it X-Women, the book i have dreamed of since i was a whee young thing. hope dazzler joins later down the line once she's done "getting her act together" i.e. marvel has no idea what to do with her at this point

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

LOVE THIS IDEA! Should be called X-WOMEN though or something along those lines. Still, X-Men always had some of the best female characters in Marvel Comics. No Emma Frost? Haven't read anything new so, don't know what's going on.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

@mcbean said:

Looks cool but storm mohawk looks lame.

Storm looks best in a Mohawk I think.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71  Edited By Jenkale

@miss_garrick: last i checked 16 but with marvel making people younger (i.e. the original x-men going from 17-19, to all 16 and kitty being stuck at 19 for almost 10 years) who knows. they might make her 13 again

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Can't wait to get this! Super excited. The only thing that would make this book more perfect is to add Dazzler to the cast.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So excited for this. I'm in love with Rachel Grey :)

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

@akbogert said:

"Jubilee has come home, and she’s brought with her an orphaned baby who might hold the key to the Earth’s survival…or its destruction!"

Ugh. Really? Another messianic OR apocalyptic child?

I guess this is a book which will rely more heavily on its character interactions than its plot. Of course, if any cast can carry that weight, this is probably it. And based on Mara, I have faith in Wood to do a good job. Hopefully he lives up to that faith.

And the art is ridiculously good, though that one panel of Storm is a little...over-the-top.

Pretty much this, but I'll definitely check this out. I'm pretty sure it's on my pull.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Can't wait. This is my way to finally jump on an X-Men book at the beginning. I love that it's an all female crew and that they got talented creators working on it. Good to see some love and respect for female characters!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

How old is Jubilee? And seriously "an orphaned baby who might hold the key to the Earth’s survival…or its destruction!" Again?!?!? SERIOUSLY??!!

So, the first time we have an all female X title and it's not them doing powerful superhero stuff, it's about them looking after a baby... What am I supposed to interpret here??

Yeah it seems the powers that be always want these stories where the women are only significant as giving birth to a child and/or caring for it. IDK how this type of sexism in storytelling isn't apparent to everyone by now. And whats sad is theyll continue to get away with it if people keep finding an interest in it.

All that said, I want to reserve my judgement and see what happens as I so desperately want this to be good.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Orphaned baby who might hold a key to Earth's survival? Um...hasn't this been done before? I mean yeah I like the concept but the originality seems to be lacking. Still, Coipel's art is awesome and its hard for me to not enjoy it ^_^

thebearking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really excited for this, ever since Now! the X-Men comics have gotten back on track and been fantastic in comparison to some of the others. Everyone is going to have issues with this title regardless of what it does, as someone who is really into costume design I am just so excited by an all female cast and the most skin showing is Storm's decolletage, no thong leotards, no cleavage windows, no unnecessary mid drift, no ludicrous strapless tops [how much Hollywood tape you got in there Wonder Woman?], although Storm's top is pushing it there. There uniforms look sleek and functional, a great start to any series is costumes that don't suck.

However can we get a lock down on characters current ages? I never know what rate half of them are aging?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Very excited for this title. Probably my most anticipated Marvel Now title

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I missing something!? When the hell did Jubilee got her powers back!?

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Is Jubilee fixed now or is she still a vampire?

KomicKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By KomicKev

Well Lord knows we don't have enough X-Men books out there! LOL!

I think this could've worked better as a mini-series but I understand the marketing ploy of trying to bring in more female readers. With The Defenders title and this one, it's not too long I'd imagine before an all-female Avengers title comes along.

Lykida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art is really beautiful! And it looks like Psylocke finally gets a decent outfit^^ I'm so excited for this book!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#84  Edited By SC  Moderator

@akbogert: Wouldn't 'Adjectiveless X-Men' be good enough? I think I've heard that used for older 'X-Men' series'.

I don't like the way it's been handled. They could have just announced the series and who was in it without basically saying 'LOOK, THEY'RE ALL WOMEN! WE HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T THINK YOU'D NOTICE!' I get the feeling people would still be calling it 'All Female X-Men' anyway though, which sucks.

Adjectiveless X-Men worked for 20 years and is usually how X-Men's second longest series is referred to (before that switched to Legacy), so definitely works as far as confusion with other series.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By VioletPhoenix

Finally bringing the classic awesome of the X-Men back to comics with the best females in the Marvel U!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By novi_homines

I'm a guy, and I am soooooooo looking forward to this!!! Looks AWESOME! I don't think i've read an all female cast book before.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@sc: That's what I thought. Seems like a better name to use than 'All Female X-Men'. I still think just calling it X-Men would work fine in most conversations. I've never had to say 'Adjectiveless Avengers'.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

Can't wait. This is my way to finally jump on an X-Men book at the beginning. I love that it's an all female crew and that they got talented creators working on it. Good to see some love and respect for female characters!

Agreed!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#89  Edited By dernman

Yet another X-Men book? Again using characters in multiple books.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By novi_homines

@dernman said:

The X Men is in some ways vast enough to have their own universe (which many people debate if they should). Their history is just so rich, so I can somewhat understand.

Alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This title has been high on my list for quite some time now. Olivier Coipel does good work. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#93  Edited By dernman

@dernman said:

The X Men is in some ways vast enough to have their own universe (which many people debate if they should). Their history is just so rich, so I can somewhat understand.

What you are talking about is more along the lines of the mutant universe then the X-Men. Take X-Factor for an example. It's a mutant book but it's not another X-Men book. ya ya I know the sales are not that great but for me I'd rather have that then yet another X-Men book. For something so rich they keep digging into the shallow end of the pool.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wmwadeii said:

@veitha: @sora_thekey: @walzo: The art does look good, my only issue so far is it looks like Kitty is drawn too young, almost like she is the same age as when she joned, or the age of her students.

yeah, Coipel sometimes makes people look too young

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

@dernman said:

@novi_homines said:

@dernman said:

What you are talking about is more along the lines of the mutant universe then the X-Men. Take X-Factor for an example. It's a mutant book but it's not another X-Men book. ya ya I know the sales are not that great but for me I'd rather have that then yet another X-Men book. For something so rich they keep digging into the shallow end of the pool.

That reminds me we are stopping X-Factor for this book, which I hope does well but if not then we lost a good book for a canceled book.

@veitha said:

@wmwadeii said:

@veitha: @sora_thekey: @walzo: The art does look good, my only issue so far is it looks like Kitty is drawn too young, almost like she is the same age as when she joned, or the age of her students.

yeah, Coipel sometimes makes people look too young

And I forgot to mention Jubilee, she looks different ages, and almost completely out of character from the first pages panel to the next.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone wasting time arguing about the title?

Because they have nothing better to do and comic book fans aren't happy unless they find something to be unhappy about.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By CTG

@lykida: She's had that outfit since the new Uncanny X-Force series

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

lets get a few things straight shall we? we shall

1. im not feeling the artwork in this

2. again with the babies?!

3. since kittys power is to phase and airplanes has 1000s of miles of electronics including cables wouldnt she disrupt the flow and bring the plane down?

4. why dont the artists put kitty back in her blue costume with the mask and gloves and belt? what shes sporting nowadays just aint doing it for me

5. why aint anybody saying anything?

6. whos that rock girl that got in a fight with mercury? I know that finger point from rachel and that look from storm all too well =P

123cgm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

its about time!!!!!!!!

123cgm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers