First Look: BATMAN: EARTH ONE Volume 2

• 106 results
Komic_Brew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

the fight looks really intense! can't wait to see it in color.

Banes_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was wondering if there are any titles creating the artwork electronically?

MarauTeatime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7:

"The biggest jobber in all of comics (who Bats has beaten mercilessly more times than I care to count) is absolutely stomping Batman, and the only thing Bats can do is cover Croc's face with his cape? C'mon."

This is a different take on the character. Not only that in a few of Batman's first meetings with Croc, he had a hard time beating him. Beck, even in the Arkham Asylum game. Not only that, this is still betta Batman who is still learning on how to be Batman and that the same trick he used on one person does not mean it will work on the other.

"Batman isn't a realistic concept to begin with. That's my problem with Johns and his twisted view of the Caped Crusader."

Actually quite a few of the comics are plausibly realistic and so far this Earth One Batman is more realistic than any Batman I have seen yet. Even Year One Batman.

"Which makes me laugh because that's clearly not Batman. No extensive training and no skill? Complete with gadgets that don't work!? Does that describe the Dark Knight?"

Actually....yes. This Batman has had some training, he just is not as skilled as the other versions yet because these are as till in his early years. On top of that, this version of Bruce was so traumatized and filled with anger at the world that he became a recluse with only Alfred there to try and help him along. That sounds more like something Batman would do instead of being angry at the world then travel and train around the world.

And now I will really enjoy this. I am going to laugh at this so hard it would rival the Joker.

"And if Johns was really trying to create an ultra-realistic Batman story, he wouldn't put friggin' Killer Croc in it. That sh!t isn't possible in reality at all."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You sir are a moron. I usually do not insult but you are insulting intelligent people by thinking Killer Croc is not realistic and could not exist. In fact FYI there are at LEAST 3 very real diseases out there that clearly Killer Croc was influenced by:

Argyria (aka gray skin), Ichthyosis vulgaris (which is a skin disorder causing dry, scaly skin) and Harlequin Ichthyosis (which is something you will have to look up since it is too disgusting to describe. And finally any person can file their teeth to resemble a crocodiles. You put all four or even three out of the four and you have Killer Croc. So don't think for one minute that the character is not realistic. The only true unrealistic design of Croc is the one where he looks like a mutated crocodile instead of a man with a disease.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By JakeN7

@marauteatime: D'aaawwww! Did you make an account just so you could pick out every little comment I made and then spew a bunch of unsubstantiated BS in reply? That's adorable. I'm touched.

MarauTeatime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7:

Argyria, Ichthyosis vulgaris and Harlequin Ichthyosis is hardly unsubstantiated BS. Those diseases or at least two of them is what Killer Croc has. So please don't go saying that Killer Croc is not realistic because it is very possible especially since people do have those diseases. Also I picked apart your comments because a lot of what you said needed to be addressed. Good day to you.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@marauteatime: Out of the 7+ billion people in the world, not a single one of them comes even close to looking like Killer Croc. It's. Not. Realistic.

I'm aware of Croc's origins, therefore I know of the skin diseases he was diagnosed with as a child. Those are real. Them causing someone to look like a crocodile man however, is NOT real.

MarauTeatime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MarauTeatime

@jaken7:

If you are talking about the Killer Croc that looks like a mutated crocodile that stands upright with the long tail and snout then I agree with you. However, if you are talking about his early looks and his look from the animated series then I disagree. They are trying to make him look like a combination of the animated series and his early looks which are possible. Thankfully they are not making him look like The Fly.