• 106 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

BATMAN: EARTH ONE Volume 2 isn't coming out until 2015 but DC has shared a first look at Gary Frank's penciled interiors. Of course, Geoff Johns is writing once again. Looking at these pages make us hunger for more.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks alright.

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

About time. Good to see Batman is still using his cape to suffocate people in this series, the only series where Batman uses it for that.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I been waiting for this for soooooooooooo long. The first volume was incredible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Sounds dreadful

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hell yeah! Finally!

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Artwork looks good from what I can tell

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@micah said:

Yes, I been waiting for this for soooooooooooo long. The first volume was incredible.

Agreed.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Never read the first volume. Looks good though.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

THIS LOOKS AWESOME. Unlike the Superman Earth Ones, Batmans was actually very enjoyable.

@patrat18 said:

@micah said:

Agreed.

Yup. I hate how people hate this Batman just because he isn't BatGOD.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@micah said:

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS LOOKS AWESOME. Unlike the Superman Earth Ones, Batmans was actually very enjoyable.

@patrat18 said:

@micah said:

Agreed.

True, this is a more realistic Batman. And I can see how that puts some people off, but I enjoy this version of Batman that doesn't necessarily have all the training the mainstream version has and is not invincible LOL.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@micah said:

Agreed.

THIS!!!!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, Johns. Even in just the sketched versions of some preview pages? Shameless. The biggest jobber in all of comics (who Bats has beaten mercilessly more times than I care to count) is absolutely stomping Batman, and the only thing Bats can do is cover Croc's face with his cape? C'mon.

*smh*

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By micah007123

@jaken7 said:

Jesus, Johns. Even in just the sketched versions of some preview pages? Shameless. The biggest jobber in all of comics (who Bats has beaten mercilessly more times than I care to count) is absolutely stomping Batman, and the only thing Bats can do is cover Croc's face with his cape? C'mon.

*smh*

Keep in mind this is a more realistic less trained version of Batman.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YUSSSSS!!!!! looks awesome

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

*smh*

Batman isn't a realistic concept to begin with. That's my problem with Johns and his twisted view of the Caped Crusader.

And others have still made it work to an extent. Nolan's Batman is just as much, if not more realistic than this, and that Batman would absolutely wreck this one. Y'know, the "Batman" that clumsily fell of a rooftop?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't dislike Earth 1 Batman because it doesn't show Batgod. I dislike it because the story is lacking and Batman in my personal opinion shouldn't ever be a fool without a clue. Same reason I dislike Kevin Smiths Batman stuff.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@jaken7 said:

*smh*

This is a not canon and completely different universe, so this doesn't even matter. Thats like comparing Green Goblin with Ultimate Green Goblin, 2 completely different characters.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RisingBean

I wish DC pushed the imprint more. I like it.

I'm tired of cape suffocation, but I'm looking forward to this.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

*smh*

Batman isn't a realistic concept to begin with. That's my problem with Johns and his twisted view of the Caped Crusader.

And others have still made it work to an extent. Nolan's Batman is just as much, if not more realistic than this, and that Batman would absolutely wreck this one. Y'know, the "Batman" that clumsily fell of a rooftop?

I think this version is more realistic than Nolan's. I believe this one doesn't have any intense or ninja training like Nolans version or is as technical a fighter. He's probably improved in Volume 2 but in Volume 1 he had to improvise alot to overcome the odds and his gadgets needed alot of improvement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Will you be checking out earth 1 wonder woman and teen titans?

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The artwork looks great.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JakeN7

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

*smh*

I think this version is more realistic than Nolan's. I believe this one doesn't have any intense or ninja training like Nolans version or is as technical a fighter. He's probably improved in Volume 2 but in Volume 1 he had to improvise alot to overcome the odds and his gadgets needed alot of improvement.

Which makes me laugh because that's clearly not Batman. No extensive training and no skill? Complete with gadgets that don't work!? Does that describe the Dark Knight?

See this:

@allstarsuperman said:

@patrat18 said:

@micah said:

Agreed.

We aren't upset because he isn't BatGOD, we're upset because he's not even BatMAN.

And if Johns was really trying to create an ultra-realistic Batman story, he wouldn't put friggin' Killer Croc in it. That sh!t isn't possible in reality at all.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

*smh*

Which makes me laugh because that's clearly not Batman.

See this:

@allstarsuperman said:

@patrat18 said:

@micah said:

Agreed.

We aren't upset because he isn't BatGOD, we're upset because he's not even BatMAN.

Well I never read Year One, but didn't mainstream Batman struggle in his first years as well?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He jumped and didn't realize the distance. He didn't trip on his untied shoelace that Alfred told him to tie. He wasn't a straight up idiot.

@jaken7 said:

Okay, you're a man right? I'd like to see you jump rooftops and take on 3 or more armed guys. Really.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: No, not like this. He was still pretty impressive, and rather competent.

I can't believe you've read this, but not Year One. -_-

FYI, there is an edit in my last comment. Sorry. Lol.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: I'll give them both a shot. I've liked both Superman stories and the Batman one as well. (Even if this Batman was a bit green.) Earth One is 3 for 3 with me so far.

I'm hoping for them to expand and do some Flash and GL as well as Green Arrow. Biggest issue is I think they are only putting out two trades a year.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He jumped and didn't realize the distance. He didn't trip on his untied shoelace that Alfred told him to tie. He wasn't a straight up idiot.

Doesn't look before he jumps. Got it. Point proven, he's a straight up idiot.

@jaken7 said:

Okay, you're a man right? I'd like to see you jump rooftops and take on 3 or more armed guys. Really.

Except I already said the concept of Batman is an unrealistic one.

Besides, I was just noting that he's not even Batman, let alone Batgod. I put emphasis on the 'man' because you put emphasis on the 'god', and 'm-a-n' are the letters that 'g-o-d' replaces. Just trying to keep it aesthetically consistent.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Black_Arrow
@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

*smh*

It is not more realistic than Nolan's version because a guy with the gear and training that the version of Earth one has, would have died.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@micah: No, not like this. He was still pretty impressive, and rather competent.

I will read Year One. I've been reading comics for a year in a half, so I'm a relatively new reader. Don't worry it's on my radar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

*smh*

This. Batman is the only comic character that fans demand realism out of, for some reason.

@jaken7 said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@patrat18 said:

@micah said:

Agreed.

And if Johns was really trying to create an ultra-realistic Batman story, he wouldn't put friggin' Killer Croc in it. That sh!t isn't possible in reality at all.

Rofl ^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

I will read Year One. I've been reading comics for a year in a half, so I'm a relatively new reader. Don't worry it's on my radar.

If you don't mind me asking how much have you read?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By micah007123

@dagmar_merrill said:

@micah said:

@jaken7 said:

If you don't mind me asking how much have you read?

I've read most of the New 52, some of Pre-52, most of Pre-Marvel Now and Current Marvel Now, and all of the Ultimate Books (this line actually got me into comics). I have also just recently branched out into IDW and Valiant.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stop tagging Patrat please. I want no part of this.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a non- mainstream book doesn't needlessly replicate mainstream character qualities? Wow, the sky is falling........

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Hated Volume 1 but for some reason I need to read Volume 2

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best thing about Volume 1 was Alfred. Alfred was a BOSS and saved Bruce on several occasions.

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I agree! I would love to see a Green Arrow or Green Lantern earth one! (Maybe a Hard Travling Heroes e1?!) The Flash would be rad as well too! (The Brave & The Bold e1?!!)

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HighlyEvolved

I hate it when Johns writes Batman.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NightFang3

I've been waiting for this!

shikatema88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait. Curious on all the hate, Batman Earth 1 was like Batman Year One in a way he thought he was ready but was in over his head. I am not saying they are equal but share some connections.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Why can't Johns do a Green Lantern Earth 1 or Flash Earth 1. You know characters he wants to succeed.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By micah007123

@ultrastarkiller: Don't be surprised if we see them in future Earth One books. Once they've done Wonder Woman, the Trinity will be complete and then they can branch out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: its not that he isn't batgod (batgod doesn't exist) its that he can even jump across a rooftop successfully. If you want realistic batman look at Nolan series. This Batman is just incompetent.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@allstarsuperman: its not that he isn't batgod (batgod doesn't exist) its that he can even jump across a rooftop successfully. If you want realistic batman look at Nolan series. This Batman is just incompetent.

If you want real realism then I dare you to go jump a rooftop. See what real realistic gets you.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@allstarsuperman said:

@patrat18 said:

@micah said:

Agreed.

1. The Superman Earth Ones were orders of magnitude better than this imo.

2. That isn't why I dislike it. I'm so sick and tired of this fabricated "batgod" nonsense. I'm not taking a jab at you its just that that grinds my gears. I dislike it because it was a less effective Kickass in a Batman costume. I realize that it was an else world but this was the single worst comic I've ever read since I started reading comics. IMO of course. There wasn't a single thing good about this aside from the art.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Glad to see Johns pathetic attempt at writing Batman is back again. Even more happy to see he's still using the old choke-em-wit-mah-cape maneuver. I look forward to seeing how this sells.