• 67 results
Posted by G-Man (34994 posts) - - Show Bio

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN is almost upon us. The battle of the year (for Marvel Comics) is about to begin and there is simply too much action and fighting to be contained in the regular miniseries. Marvel previously announced the AVX: VS series that will go along side the main series and give a closer look at some of the many battles we can expect. Today, they have released a first look at issue #1.

The big question is how essential is this series to the main one?

Marvel is proud to present your first look at, AVX VS #1, the explosive, high-octane action packed tie-in to the hotly-anticipated blockbuster event of the year – Avengers VS. X-Men! From acclaimed creative teams, Jason Aaron & Adam Kubert and Kathryn & Stuart Immonen; catch the cover to cover battles - featuring pulse-pounding action as Iron Man faces off against Magneto & Thing takes on Namor! Don’t miss out on all the action in AVX VS #1, available in comic shops worldwide and on the Marvel Comics appthis April!
Which team will reign supreme? Join the conversation on Twitter with #AvX!
For more on Avengers VS X-Men, please visit http://avx.marvel.com
== TEASER ==

AVX: VS #1 (FEB120531)

Written by JASON AARON & KATHRYN IMMONEN

Art by ADAM KUBERT & STUART IMMONEN

Cover by ADAM KUBERT

Variant Cover by STUART IMMONEN

Rated T+…$3.99

FOC – 4/02/12, ON SALE –4/25/12

Staff
#1 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks brilliant! Whole issues dedicated to beatdowns. What more can a fan need?

#2 Posted by curtman2k20 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Some Cool Looking action!

#3 Posted by MagmaGazer (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that's what I'm talking about! The book does exactly what it says on the tin -- pure, unhinged fighting. Patiently hoping this will be maintained throughout the whole of this 'extra' complication to the main series, until the dust settles and the winners are revealed...if there really will be any emerging from this event.

#4 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! Especially the Magneto one!

#5 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully we see some of Utopias crazier residents involved to many mutants sit their doing nothing at all

#6 Posted by chroinkero (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks better than the book that it is supposed to tie into. I'm actually more excited about this than the actual AVX series, mainly because this takes away the story and it seems like the story for AVX won't be very good.

#7 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Much better! Now that's the kind of art I wanted for the main series.

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11738 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the Avengers to get their ARSES KICKED!!!!!

#9 Edited by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Everytime I try and come up with something original to say about AvX I come back to this.

#10 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

No dialogue?

#11 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice i wonder if exodus is gonna get involved

#12 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn! I love it, can't wait to see more

#13 Posted by Lvenger (20250 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really essential to the story, it's basically just fight after fight of match ups that can't be fully shown in the comic that will probably be full of PIS. Not picking this or the main series but the obvious winners should be Magneto and Namor.

#14 Posted by MinkoAk (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Not really essential to the story, it's basically just fight after fight of match ups that can't be fully shown in the comic that will probably be full of PIS. Not picking this or the main series but the obvious winners should be Magneto and Namor.

They never even tried to make us think it was essential for the story, they said it from the beginning : Just an extended version of the fights.

#15 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is really good. I'm impressed.

#16 Posted by Novaar (56 posts) - - Show Bio

To much action for the mini-series...or another way to get that last coin out of your pocket? ;) That aisde the Namor v Thing scenes look excellent and I agree that the art looks better here than what we have seen of the main one.

#17 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6384 posts) - - Show Bio

The only story based material I'm expecting from this series is a dialogue bubbles or droplets of information highlighting a little realism in how and why certain fights are won and / or lost. Iron Man versus Magneto for example. If Stark actually entered that fight unprepared, then he's been short changed by the writers. Stark should know Mag's is a bad fight for him unprepped and he should have acted accordingly. Hope the battles are handled with a little intelligence and forethought is all.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (20250 posts) - - Show Bio

@MinkoAk said:

They never even tried to make us think it was essential for the story, they said it from the beginning : Just an extended version of the fights.

I know that's what really annoys me. Do we really need more event book tie ins? I'm all right with a few but only if they advance the story, not just play out fanboy match ups. Marvel are putting out too many event books and I hope that this marks the last one for a while so they can focus on quality books like The Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, The Incredible Hulk, Uncanny X-Force, Venom, Captain America amongst others. Of course I'm probably wrong.

#19 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!!! I hope the X-men kick ass!!!!

#20 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

awesomeawesomeawesome

#21 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!

#22 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 Posted by thanos316 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope thor kicks some ass!!!

#24 Posted by Mucklefluga (2570 posts) - - Show Bio

At least this has decent art :)

#25 Posted by greeneagle (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Tony Hurling the building at Magneto?

#26 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Much more interested in this than the actual AvX story, tbh.

#27 Posted by leokearon (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Not interested in a series that just has fights

#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably gonna have better writing and art than the main series...

#29 Posted by movieartman (1259 posts) - - Show Bio

say what you will about Fear itself (evrey"damn"body does) but one thing that was alomost universialy agreed on is that Stuart Immonen's Art was Fantastic thruout and this is no deiffrent, immonen and Coipel should be the main books artist line up instead of bloody JRJR then coipel and kubert, hopefuly coipel in his issues will be amazing and make up for jrjr,s crap. and also m hopeful immonen will get to illustrate another battle in this versus mini (THOR VS STORM, THOR VS STORM, THOR VS STORM)

#30 Posted by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Marvel heard us complaining about the Avengers appearing to win in all the previews. I swear, If Thing, Red Hulk, or Luke Cage (especially Luke Cage) beats Namor in the water, I'll come unglued... Also, Iron Man never stood a chance. NEVER!

#31 Posted by movieartman (1259 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress:

no Oliver Coipel will be in next 4 issues on the main series after jrjr and then the artist here drawing the mags vs ironman fight will draw the last 4 issues

#32 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this $3.99!?!? There's not even any dialogue...

#33 Posted by The Stegman (24640 posts) - - Show Bio

sooo Iron Man is going to fight the master of magnetism, and the Thing is going to fight the king of Atlantis...underwater...yeah, that's fair.

#34 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like fan fic to me...

@sweetesttoaster said:

How is this $3.99!?!? There's not even any dialogue...

its a preview, the dialogue is added in the actual issue.

#35 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course. Marvel has to have tie-in issues to EVERY BLEEPIN SERIES!! This will not live up to the hype. How many more times to I have to type that?

Ok, that pretty hardcore! When's the last time Thing bled? I've always been a Namor fan.

#36 Posted by MinkoAk (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

I know that's what really annoys me. Do we really need more event book tie ins? I'm all right with a few but only if they advance the story, not just play out fanboy match ups. Marvel are putting out too many event books and I hope that this marks the last one for a while so they can focus on quality books like The Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, The Incredible Hulk, Uncanny X-Force, Venom, Captain America amongst others. Of course I'm probably wrong.

Just wanted to stress that it is not like they were saying it was an expansion of the main story (in the sense there would be more story) and then we discover it's actually just fights. I understand both sides of people liking this book and hating it, but I really appreciate that there does not seem to be any bad surprise about this tie-in =)

But I totally concur on the events part, they should just build up their stories for years, and when they have enough layers, BAM, big event of quality... Two years being a very strict minimum. That would be so awesome... Of course nothing prevents them from doing minor and small crossovers in the meantime. And I can't stress enough the minor and small part.

#37 Posted by MP_SimonWilliams (19 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks great and I'm getting more excited for this series by the week. Best crossover they've done in a long while. My ONLY complaint is more old school in that why is every hero in the Marvel Universe in the Avengers? Why is the Thing technically in this as a main Avenger? (I know he was in the Avengers at one time technically.) But they did FF vs X-Men years ago. Basically when you throw in the FF as part of the Avengers.....and Daredevil was in one Avengers promo for this.....then this series is essentially the entire Marvel Universe against the X-Men. It should be the main core of Avengers versus the main core of the X-men. But the Thing, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, etc, do not represent the Avengers (at least not in my mind). Especially when they play the Thing off as a b-level strong guy who is below a newbie like Red Hulk. The Thing Vs Namor used to be an elite Marvel fist fight. But don't get me wrong......I love the action!

#38 Posted by movieartman (1259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick:

actualy only avengers, new aveng, secret aveng, avengers academy, uncanny x-men, wolverine and the x, x legacy and mabye x-factor will tie in as far as we can tell, then just this one mini series, unlike fear itself witch all books but like 5 tied in then we had like 7 mini series so at least they are somewhat tonning down the tie ins. and if u recall Seige had only like 3 series tie in to it and one series of 5 onehshots

#39 Posted by GBrutality (192 posts) - - Show Bio

hasn't the namor and thing fight been done to death by now, or are we going to pretend all those years with the fantastic four don't matter?

#40 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

that poor fish.....

#41 Posted by Lvenger (20250 posts) - - Show Bio

@MinkoAk said:

Just wanted to stress that it is not like they were saying it was an expansion of the main story (in the sense there would be more story) and then we discover it's actually just fights. I understand both sides of people liking this book and hating it, but I really appreciate that there does not seem to be any bad surprise about this tie-in =)

But I totally concur on the events part, they should just build up their stories for years, and when they have enough layers, BAM, big event of quality... Two years being a very strict minimum. That would be so awesome... Of course nothing prevents them from doing minor and small crossovers in the meantime. And I can't stress enough the minor and small part.

Couldn't agree with the last part more. Also, Marvel should focus on individual series events like Ends of the Earth in Amazing Spider-Man along with small crossovers such as the one involving Daredevil, Punisher and the Avenging Spider-Man. If Marvel did more of that then I'd gain some more respect for them.

#42 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@curtman2k20 said:

Yup!

#43 Posted by The Impersonator (5505 posts) - - Show Bio

@curtman2k20 said:

#44 Edited by TheGodKiller3 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is lucky that Franklin's not going to get involved in this event .

#45 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@greeneagle said:

Is Tony Hurling the building at Magneto?

its the other way around.

tony is shooting his stabilizer things at magneto then magneto is gonna hurl that pillar at tony.

#46 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

this art looks better

#47 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

looks awesome can't wait to read.

#48 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

HOW IS THOR THERE?

#49 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool yes, Necessary no, am I buying it? Hell No lol can't afford

#50 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at Thing, he's falling like a rock!