Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

This one oughta be good. We're seeing the new Superior Spider-Man (Spidey with Doc Ock's 'mind' in his body) deal with different situations. Already in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN, we've seen how he dealt with a new version of the Sinister Six. Last month he had to face the X-Men and dance around the fact they could discover his secret. In the next issue of AVENGING SPIDER-MAN, he's going to be dealing with something he just might not be prepared for.

In AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #17, Spider-Man will have to work with the new Fantastic Four and Future Foundation. He might be prepared to deal with the Fantastic Four but the kids in the Foundation...that may be something unexpected, even with access to Peter Parker's memories.

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Avenging Spider-Man #17 from the red-hot creative team of Chris Yost & Paco Medina! The Superior Spider-Man is forced to work with the FF as the literal future comes crashing in on them, threating to destroy the Foundation itself and expose Spider-Man’s ultimate secret! Can Spider-Man play nice with the kids of the Future Foundation while keeping the future at bay? Find out this February inAvenging Spider-Man #17!

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #17 (DEC120683)

Written by CHRIS YOST

Pencils by PACO MEDINA

Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

FOC – 2/4/13, ON-SALE – 2/27/13

== TEASER ==

Noooooo! Not Death's Head!!

Staff
#1 Posted by Deadknight (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool to see an new appearance of Death's Head coming.

I do wonder though just how convoluted this (what looks to be) time travel scenario will be.

Cue Benny Hill theme.
#2 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadknight: I loooooooove Death's Head. Everyone should, yes?

Staff
#3 Posted by Outside_85 (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or does the FF look a little squashed in the panel where Spiderman lands?

#4 Posted by Deadknight (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: YES! Yes?

#5 Edited by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited. A team up with two of my favorite Marvel ongoing series. Can't wait to see how frustrated Superior Spidey gets around the FF kids. Plus Paco Medina drawing She-Hulk *drool. Actually she looks kind of strange in that one panel. A bit too stiff and flat instead of statuesque. Hopefully Medina's not getting rushed by the release schedule of this title.

#6 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure If I'm in the minority here (definitely am) but I love the Superior Spiderman and I hope it sticks around for a long time.

#7 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost and Medina (both of them amazing) wasting their immeasurable potential in this SSM project.

#8 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

This is without Franklin right? becuase I think if Franklin was there he could easily tell if that was Peter or not, with or without telepathic powers.

#9 Posted by Aeroman (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: you're not the only one I like it too

#10 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Spiderman fans Unite! (standing strong at 2)

#11 Posted by Vixen (66 posts) - - Show Bio

See. If FF was drawn by Paco, I think I'd love it more. :(

Either way, I am looking forward to this!

#12 Posted by cagedleo730 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

This is without Franklin right? becuase I think if Franklin was there he could easily tell if that was Peter or not, with or without telepathic powers.

I think both Franklin and Valeria are with their parents on a fantastic voyage.

#13 Posted by impossibilly (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooo, Death's Head. I will be buying this, yes?

#14 Posted by diarraharris3 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@cagedleo730: yep

#15 Posted by leokearon (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

Death's Head been defeated by Spider-man Blasphemy!

#16 Posted by dondave (34588 posts) - - Show Bio

Good art

#17 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I might have to get this. FF is one of my favorite books and I love the New Fantastic Four and the Future Foundation kids. You forgot to mention in your lead-in that Daredevil knew something wasn't quite right with Spidey when they fought.

#18 Posted by DaemonTheDemon (105 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone know what's going on here?

#19 Posted by Teerack (5399 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel sorry the writer of Avenging Spider-man needs to write this stuff.

#20 Posted by ComicFan93 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone else noticed that Spider-Ock tries to be a good guy, yet he keeps picking fights with superheroes? I thought the whole point of Spider-Ock was for him turning over a new leaf for some form of "redemption" (personally, I think it's impossible after what he's done, but whatever). At this point, he might as well hang out downtown and start getting into bar fights.

#21 Posted by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Death's Head? That's the second time he's made a recent apperance... DEATH'S HEAD REVIVAL! DO IT MARVEL! MAKE HIM MAINSTREAM!

Also, Deadpool vs. Death's Head vs. Hit Monkey might just be the idea ever that Marvel hasn't thought of...

#22 Posted by VaizD (247 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicFan93 said:

Has anyone else noticed that Spider-Ock tries to be a good guy, yet he keeps picking fights with superheroes? I thought the whole point of Spider-Ock was for him turning over a new leaf for some form of "redemption" (personally, I think it's impossible after what he's done, but whatever). At this point, he might as well hang out downtown and start getting into bar fights.

To be fair, he just started, and people don't change overnight, even in comic books. Give it time.

#23 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy hell, I was gonna ask if that was Death's Head, that's great! ^_^

#24 Posted by YoungDoctor (45 posts) - - Show Bio

IDW are reprinting all of Death's Head's Transformers appearances in The Transformers Classics volume 4. Interesting, Yes.

#25 Posted by KeliaC (33 posts) - - Show Bio

can this lame "superior" spiderman stuff be over yet? I hate it.

#26 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously? Doc Ock has faced the Sinister Six, has pummled Wolverine, been pervy with Mary Jane, and now babysitting may be his undoing? I'm sorry, is this supposed to be good writing?

#27 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Lovin the art!

#28 Posted by AranhaMarcial (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Serio until now, I do not understand how no one noticed the slight change of character of the man-spider, a nerdy half silly, playful and with a strong sense of right action, being boring sometimes for being so kind. For a complete idiot arrogant narcissistic, womanizing-rapist (the poor MJ).

Seriously, all the friends and people who live with or are Peter stayed with amnesia or simply are idiots.

What you want with a minimum of intelligence can see that there in front of this one person completely and totally put to you know. And more importantly lived fought and came to love! Especially children who are more sensitive emotions should be able to notice it right away, besides the fact that they are geniuses and clear!

#29 Posted by MightyMODOK (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

Is it just me or does the FF look a little squashed in the panel where Spiderman lands?

No it not just you.

#30 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5336 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

Superior Spiderman fans Unite! (standing strong at 2)

Make that three. I love Spock!!

#31 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrimeDirective: That would be the most epic battle!

#32 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: Your definitely not alone buddy I'm loving this Superior Spider stuff.

#33 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr said:

Yost and Medina (both of them amazing) wasting their immeasurable potential in this SSM project.