• 113 results
Posted by G-Man (37649 posts) - - Show Bio

Man oh man. We've been seeing glimpses and teasers for AVENGERS VS. X-MEN. We saw a first look at issue #0. We've even seen a glimpse at the possible future courtesy of Cable in AVENGERS: X-SANCTION.

Today we have a look at the first issue. The Phoenix Force is on the way and everyone is pretty sure who it's going after. Things are about to get ugly.

This April, prepare for the biggest super hero war in comics history as Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Avengers Vs. X-Men #1! From the powerhouse creative team of Brian Michael Bendis, Jason Aaron, Matt Fraction, Jonathan Hickman, Ed Brubaker, John Romita Jr., Adam Kubert and Olivier Copiel comes a groundbreaking event pitting Earth’s Mightiest against the X-Men with the entire Marvel Universe at stake. Cyclops and his team believe the arrival of the Phoenix Force will save mutantkind, but Captain America is convinced it will destroy the world! But who is right? Don’t miss out on all the action inAvengers Vs. X-Men #1 in comic shops worldwide and on the Marvel Comics app this April!

Which team will reign supreme? Join the conversation on Twitter with #AvX!

For more on Avengers VS X-Men, please visit http://avx.marvel.com
== TEASER ==

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #1 (JAN120625)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, JASON AARON, MATT FRACTION, JONATHAN HICKMAN, ED BRUBAKER

Art by JOHN ROMITA JR.

Colors by LAURA MARTIN

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

FOC – 2/27/12, ON SALE – 4/3/12

#1 Edited by DarkChris (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad art, mediocre writing, but I will check it out for sure!

#2 Edited by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

"You're sounding like me now, Scott." -Magneto

I'm getting tired of reading this line and all of its' variations. How is anything Scott is doing similar to a racist who has killed countless of people. Oh wait, that's right, we need an antagonist for the Avengers so that they look awesome before their movie this summer.

#3 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the art. That's probably the best work I have seen from JRJR.

#4 Posted by Chaos Burn (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

nowadays that preview is pretty much the whole comic minus the adverts - great! now i dont have to buy this issue

#5 Edited by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

It's going to be hilarious to see all the whining and complaining that will definitely come during this event. From the Marvel haters to the folks mad at the fight results, the comic boards should be prime comedy.

With that said, the art is much better than I was expecting. I'm looking forward to this.

#6 Posted by Daycrawler (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good! Can't wait until it all kicks off. Was a bit worried that JRJR was on it as his work has been a bit rough recently, but I'm digging it here!

#7 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Can already see Wolvie's feeling right in the middle of everything. Indecisiveness. This will be interesting.

#8 Posted by redhood21 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

why do people keep checkin out these teasers and images just to dump on it? your'e so cool brewster! anyway ill check it out cuz i likes me my hero fights.

#9 Posted by stu (379 posts) - - Show Bio

yep...i like it!

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMIIIIIIIIITA.

FFS. I really don't understand why, he's worse than Liefeld, for real.

#11 Posted by Burnstar1230 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be quite the twist if The Phoenix Force wasn't after Hope and instead, going to someone else, not wanting to take her as a vessel or whatever.

#12 Edited by Dernman (15440 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not like Cyclops in this so far and I'm a fan of his. There are a few times he has been getting on my nerves lately.

#13 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Namor and Logan are on the opposite sides of where you would X-pect them to be. But this does seem a bit uncharacteristic of the two teams,

I can't help but to think the Avengers would be vigilant of the threat but they would be working with the X-men to solve this together and then the conflict would be when they have to choose sides.

Would be interesting to see Rogue and Ms Marvel go at it, and to see what the Peter's can really do..Spider-man and Colossus that is

#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gone on tons of JRJR hate rants before but I will admit that the art here is not as sloppy and deformed as some of his previous work. I think the colorist is doing an awesome job at bringing JRJR's flat art into a 3D-wannabe.

As for the story... Um, when Magneto tells you that you are starting to sound like him you should worry. Yet Scott is too calm.

@Burnstar1230 said:

It would be quite the twist if The Phoenix Force wasn't after Hope and instead, going to someone else, not wanting to take her as a vessel or whatever.

I'm thinking that's exactly what going to happen... with Scarlet Witch.

#15 Posted by Dernman (15440 posts) - - Show Bio

They said the Pheonix Force is going for a Green Eyed Red Head.

#16 Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the are, this has me excited for AvX lets hope it isnt a let down

#17 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: it's not that scott's a terrorist, but he's sounding more and more like a mutant supremecist every issue released. wanting more power, making sure the world is scared of the x-men, saying that mutants are supposed to be the next step in evolution, trying to kill the person responsible for the decimation... a number of things. he hasnt started attacking civilians yet... but he's trying to harvest the power of the pheonix. there's an agenda there. he may not be a terrorist, but he's becoming more and more like magneto with every new writer

#18 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@WolfMonkey:He sounds more like Cable than he does Magneto. Now run along.

#19 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats too much of a preview. Marvel should keep some stuff closer to its chest. I clicked this expecting a three page preview with no words.

#20 Posted by Dernman (15440 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else have a feeling Scott might push it to far during this series and that Utopia or Cyclops for whatever reason won't be around anymore.

#21 Edited by Icon (2105 posts) - - Show Bio

@WolfMonkey said:

It's not that scott's a terrorist, but he's sounding more and more like a mutant supremecist every issue released. wanting more power, making sure the world is scared of the x-men, saying that mutants are supposed to be the next step in evolution, trying to kill the person responsible for the decimation... a number of things. he hasnt started attacking civilians yet... but he's trying to harvest the power of the pheonix. there's an agenda there. he may not be a terrorist, but he's becoming more and more like magneto with every new writer

Sadly, I can not help but agree.

@Mrfuzzynutz said:

I can't help but to think the Avengers would be vigilant of the threat but they would be working with the X-men to solve this together and then the conflict would be when they have to choose sides.

It looks like the Avengers try to do exactly that. Cap is seeking support from Wolverine and the X-Men in those panels. The problem is that the other X-Men led by Cyclops may have an agenda (harnessing the Phoenix Force to protect/promote mutant-kind instead of stopping the Phoenix in its path of destruction) which prevents any real cooperation.

#22 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:I'm pretty sure Marvel is setting him up to be the bad guy in this story.

#23 Posted by Dernman (15440 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon said:

@WolfMonkey said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: it's not that scott's a terrorist, but he's sounding more and more like a mutant supremecist every issue released. wanting more power, making sure the world is scared of the x-men, saying that mutants are supposed to be the next step in evolution, trying to kill the person responsible for the decimation... a number of things. he hasnt started attacking civilians yet... but he's trying to harvest the power of the pheonix. there's an agenda there. he may not be a terrorist, but he's becoming more and more like magneto with every new writer

Sadly, I can not help but agree.

@Mrfuzzynutz said:

It looks like the Avengers try to do exactly that. Cap is seeking support from Wolverine and the X-Men in those panels. The problem is that the other X-Men led by Cyclops may have an agenda (harnessing the Phoenix Force to protect/promote mutant-kind) which prevents any real cooperation.

I agree with all of this. 
#24 Posted by Nev-man (24 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest problem with this is that they are seemingly ignoring the fact that Jean had manifested the Phoenix during "New X-men" and had a handle over it.

Wolverine saying; "This thing killed Summers' girl". Wasn't it Xorn posing as Magneto?

Cyclops says "the last time we dealt with the Phoenix we were young and foolish..." Erm...no you were not. You were a senior staff member at the school and starting an affair with Emma Frost, you were all grown Cyke!

So, do Marvel just ignore what they like?

#25 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

HE IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

#26 Posted by VenomMelendez (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7:

Except Cyclops has been acting more and more as an extremist and here he is supporting the return of the Phoenix.

#27 Posted by Dernman (15440 posts) - - Show Bio
@Arevish said:

Is that Genis?
#28 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nev-man:They also forgot that Rachel Summers was able to control the Phoenix Force for years, and that the PF has helped the X-Men, i.e. the good guys, countless of times. All Cap and Wolverine had to do was go down the hall and find Rachel for help.

Also, I find it wird that Wolverine said Jean was Scott's only chance for happiness. Did he forget that Scott got with Emma because he was unhappy with his marriage to Jean, or that HE HAS TRIED COUNTLESS OF TIMES TO GET W/JEAN AND END SCOTT'S HAPPINESS. Wolverine should not have been the one to say that.

#29 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@VenomMelendez:How is he an extremist? Did he attack the Govt when was a citizen? Has he stated that all humans have to die for mutants to not become extinct?

Also, the Phoenix has done good before. Rachel used its' power to save people, and the PF stopped Xorn.

#30 Posted by LeeThomasART (191 posts) - - Show Bio

John Romita Jr. again? SERIOUSLY?! He is a talentless hack. There are so many amazing artists out there busting their asses for scraps and Marvel goes and hires JRJr. to RUIN another book. UNBELEIVEABLE... I was looking forward to this too, but now I can't support it. It really is a shame.

#31 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

Will have to admit that JRJR's art isn't so bad here, though I wouldn't want to see him do the whole serious I could handle an issue of his art. Also the writing's not so either.

#32 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@Arevish said:

Is that Genis?

Mar-Vell. Whether it's going to be the real deal or not is another story.

#33 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nev-man: I think by 'young and foolish' he's not saying a child, but less mature, priorities weren't straight etc.

#34 Posted by VenomMelendez (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@WolfMonkey: Wolverine on the other hand, is starting to seem like Xavier.

#35 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not a fan of JRJR, but at least it isn't as bad as Avengers. It's actually very tolerable. Still would've preferred someone else though.

#36 Posted by karrob (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@WolfMonkey:He sounds more like Cable than he does Magneto. Now run along.

Agreed!

#37 Posted by ScoobyM (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Is romita jr. doing the art for the whole thing? I'm out. Will not be picking this up

#38 Posted by DChero (136 posts) - - Show Bio

of course cyclops is the bad guy once again -_-

#39 Posted by thatlad (596 posts) - - Show Bio

JRJR??? Godammit, I paid for this in advance before realising I'd be filling that muppet's pockets

#40 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this it looks so cool!!!!

I hope the X-Men win even though I don't like Cyclops' team that much but sometimes the Avengers are jerks (to say the least). Also the writing is good and the art is solid.

This hasn't even started yet an I am already sick of the haters. If you don't like it don't read it!

#41 Posted by frozenedge (1328 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott does have a point though. No matter how they get rid of it, the Phoenix Force keeps coming back to earth for some strange reason. Its got to have some reason to repeatedly seeking a host from Earth when there's probably other suitable hosts for it out in the entire universe. And what can Hope really do to bring back the mutant population? I'm still trying to figure that out

#42 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers want to stop Phoenix? Last time it was the X-Men who wanted to kill Wanda...

This is House of M part two. Wake me when it's over.

#43 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arevish said:

SHAZAM!!!

Oh wait.... sorry. Wrong guy.:)

#44 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

I like the art. That's probably the best work I have seen from JRJR.
#45 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
JRJR's art.... -____-
#46 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

This stuff reminds me of Civil War, which was a big mess from the first issue. Delays and the book barely had a plot. The first three issues had big things that fizzled out despite the fact that two of them were things that had never been done before. I swore I wouldn't read another big Marvel crossover. Look at Captain America and Iron Man on that first preview page. How do you go from friends who disagree, to bitter enemies who were friends, back to working together again like nothing happened? This just reminds me of that thing. Not to mention they had two big characters return, then not turn out to be who they thought they were. One of thems right there. Captain Mar-Vell himself. Who had a one-shot come out and then later you found out it wasn't him at all. Just like Thor. So, it had better be him if they want to retain any shred of credibility.

Also, it's all about the New Avengers. I haven't read the X-Men in a while, but I've always gone back to reading it. The problem now is that their book is so affected by what goes on in the Avengers books there was barely a point of having an X-Men team because all the mutants were gone. More or less. Because of what happened in the Avengers books. I'm not even going to ask why Namor is there.

Hey, anyone read Aquaman recently? Good stuff. You see they make jokes about him talking to fish. It's funny.

As for JRJR, I was looking through an old Spider-man comic he did in the 90s and really enjoyed it. His art had flair and it was inked well with good colors. Spider-man was a guy named Ben Reilly and was single and he was awesome. Like everyone else, he (JRJR) has probably felt his time grow short with his personal life and professional life, so he draws real fast and that's how it came out. I don't think he's a bad artist. i could tell what was going on and that's important.

Hey, did Collosus shave his head? Weird.

Will I buy this. I don't know. Maybe.:)

#47 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

The Avengers want to stop Phoenix? Last time it was the X-Men who wanted to kill Wanda...

This is House of M part two. Wake me when it's over.

Continues whistling tune

*When Septembeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer ends*

#48 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaredbright: Is that really him ? Finally the real him,is that cover real?

#49 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I just see Mar-vell, I know that it wasn't Genis-Vell/ I hope that this is the real Captain Marvel on the AVX cover, and I hope they keep him alive.

#50 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

JRJR's art doesn't look too bad here, but I still can't stand his work.