First Look: AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #21 - Spider-Girl vs INHUMANITY!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Whoa whoa whoa! Spider-Girl is back? Where the heck has she been? Man oh man, thank you to Kelly Sue DeConnick (or whoever thought to bring her back). Hopefully she'll be able to stick around.

Check out this first look at AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #21, which ties into INHUMANITY.

No Caption Provided

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Avengers Assemble #21, a tie-in to INHUMANITY! From the blockbuster creative team of Kelly-Sue DeConnick and Matteo Buffagni! After the cataclysmic events of INFINITY, countless new Inhumans are emerging. What if these new super-powered beings fell into the wrong hands? Someone is abducting these powerful weapons before they hatch – and it’s up to Spider-Girl to find out who! And she’s bringing a star-studded cast of Marvel’s Mightiest along for the ride.

“While no stranger to the hero game, Spider-Girl is about to enter a whole new league of super antics, the likes of which include (but are not limited to!) Iron Man, the Hulk, and Spider-Woman,” says Editor Lauren Sankovitch. “When a team of *personalities* like the Avengers take it upon themselves to ‘mentor’ Spider-Girl, what could *possibly* go wrong?”

As her quest for answers takes her right to the seedy underbelly of the Marvel Universe – can she stop an all-out gang war before it happens? Or did this rookie hero bite off more than she can chew this time? Find out this November – as INHUMANITY begins in Avengers Assemble #21!

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #21.INH (SEP130683)

Written by KELLY SUE DECONNICK

Art by MATTEO BUFFAGNI

Cover by JORGE MOLINA

FOC 11/04/13, ON-SALE 11/27/13

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS BOOK!

Larcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Larcheese

I don't know much about Spider-Girl but I thought she was a "What If" character, so why is she in a 616 universe book?

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

IT TELLS STORIES WITH PICTURES AND WORDS THAT SOME PEOPLE ENJOY! AND IT SELLS 30,000 COPIES A MONTH!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Woo, my two favourite spiders working together. :D

It currently seems to be to tell extra stories that wouldn't necessarily fit in other Avengers titles. It's been good in all the time I've been reading it.

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

samyroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be the ultimate tie-in book in the comic book industry to ever been created.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I'm trying too hard to figure out who it is, but I wonder what the chances are of Anya becoming the new Ms. Marvel. If she's just returning to the comics for what I think is a 5 or 6 issue Avengers Assemble story, could that be to build up a new following for her to go into the Ms. Marvel series? She's worked with Carol before, so she may be O.K. with passing on the title to her.

I'm probably wrong. I'm just eager to find out who it could be.

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did they dredge this character up again??? 616 doesn't need a Spider-Girl.

starrk_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerrigan said:

@trevel8182 said:

IT TELLS STORIES WITH PICTURES AND WORDS THAT SOME PEOPLE ENJOY! AND IT SELLS 30,000 COPIES A MONTH!

AWESOME reply!!! :D

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come?

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By LCazT1996

@kerrigan said:

@trevel8182 said:

xD

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By iaconpoint

I'm confused. I see Spider-Girl in the heading but didn't May anywhere. What gives?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck
Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why do people comment and have no real point themselves....marvel wants to spider-girl in comic because they want to...its their business....if do want it don't buy it... but you don't have the right to tell them what to publish....

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I really like Araña being in an Avengers book. Costumes really cool too, wish she wasn't called Spider-Girl. Most of that is irrelevant at this point, but I haven't been keeping up with the character.

Mini_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anya have alway been a fun character, I didn't really like she got the name Spider-girl but when it gave her another title, I stop complaining. As for what the point of this book? It a tie-in, like every other tie-in Marvel doing and have done for years.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#18  Edited By MatKrenz

So when does Warren Ellis start co-writing this series ? Cause that's what's gonna get me to read this series.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@g_man: I'm glad she's coming back. I just hope she eventually gets her powers back maybe from the Inhuman gas?? I know that would suck for her to be an Inhuman. But I just want to find a way for her to have her powers again. Also, here it goes again with this site's negativity. -_____- The character has been around for many years, she just absences that's all. I don't get why is there hate. It's not like she has fucked up any continuity for Marvel. It's also to great to bring her for diversity reasons because she's Hispanic and we need more Hispanic/Latino/Spanish characters around.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerrigan: THANK YOU, BUT WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF AVENGERS WORLD I DON"T SEE THE POINT OF THIS BOOK ANYMORE!

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: "It was later revealed that the cure used in New York ended up leaving Anya with her spider powers intact and she ventured out to continue her fight as Spider-Girl." -Spider-girl's wiki.

Never mind, I totally forgot she had her Spider powers back in Spider-Island.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By PeppeyHare
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matkrenz said:

So when does Warren Ellis start co-writing this series ? Cause that's what's gonna get me to read this series.

I think it's the issue after this one, but his stuff is part of the arc starting with this issue, so it could be useful to buy this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have loved Anya since I read the New Allies mini series I'm so glad she's in the spot light here.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iceslick

@trevel8182: The point of Avengers World is to focus on the NEW members of Avengers like Abyss, Captain Universe, Manifold, Sunspot, Cannonball, Ex Nihilo, Nightmask and Starbrand while the Avengers book focuses on the MAIN core members of Avengers and Avengers Assemble focuses a team-up of ANYBODY who's been an Avenger to "Assemble" to do a special mission.

Also, please come down the anger, is Spider-girl and Avengers World that damaging to your life? And it will maybe help if you would read the fine print one these announcements come by.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: lol, I'm not angry why would I be angry I just wanted to make sure someone responded to me I either yell or post a picture when I want people to pay attention to my post also I just read Uncanny Avengers and that Captain America bit is hilarious :-)

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dabee

Kelly Sue DeConnick. No further point is needed.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kerrigan

@kerrigan: THANK YOU, BUT WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF AVENGERS WORLD I DON"T SEE THE POINT OF THIS BOOK ANYMORE!

With Avengers World, they're just changing the main Avengers title from twice monthly to once monthly, and printing AW once a month instead. So it doesn't actually add to the monthly total of Avengers material.

Avengers Assemble is very different in tone from the Hickman books, and has fairly solid sales for a second-tier Marvel title (better than Young Avengers, Secret Avengers, and Avengers Arena, and probably better than Avengers AI by next month as the "new book" sales wear off). So why stop it? It's good to have variation.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trevel8182: Huh? *scratches head* ...so wait you decided to be a troll just for the attention?

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Trevel8182

@kerrigan: Thanks I was kinda confused what the point of having another Hickman Avenger book that focuses on the same characters. I much prefer the tone of this book then Hickman's approach, Avengers should be big superhero fun not confusing some times pretentious Sci-Fi. So what exactly is Warren Ellis doing on this book? I know he can do big fun superhero stuff, but he usually does it with d-list characters(Excalibur, Nextwave)

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: I thought we where CV friend I would never call you a troll. I was just asking a question and wanted a response, thanks to people like Kerrigen I got some answers I wanted, I'll try in the future to make my question's clearer.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trevel8182: We are comic vine friends, but you yelled "WHAT'S THE POINT OF THIS BOOK!", so I thought you were being a troll and that's what trolls do. Maybe if you ask the question like this "What is the point of this book?" Maybe I wouldn't think you were being a troll. Sorry but I guess I get confused on people's actions on the internet.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: It's my fault, I'm sorry dude. :-)

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not unless there is an alternate Spider-Girl related to both Spider-Man and Black Widow. That version of Spider-Girl would sell.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the name Arana more. Spider-Girl just makes her sound like a Spider-Man rip off.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Awesome! I've wanted to see Spider-Girl on a avengers team since the start of the heroic age with her amazing mini series. I hope this actually leads somewhere for her and isn't just a cameo issue.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want May Parker T.T

alucard1589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@larcheese: she is Anya Corazon previously known as araña, she worked for the spider society until the events of grim hunt where the previous Spider-Girl (Mattie) was killed by the Kravens and she took the mantle

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Unlike some haters. I was super hyped to see Araña/Spider-Girl. The last time I saw her was either the Spider Island tie-in or the Avengers Academy super size issue. I think I may actually buy this book. I love May too, but you can still like her and appreciate Anya at the same time.