Posted by G-Man (33940 posts) - - Show Bio

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN is almost here and the previews for the tie-ins are continuing to roll in. With the Phoenix Force approaching Earth and the Avengers fighting the X-Men, the epic comic book event is heating up. Captain America has no choice but to declare war.

Check out this first look at AVENGERS #25 coming in April.

Marvel is proud to present your first look at, Avengers #25, an explosive tie-in to the hotly-anticipated blockbuster event of the year – Avengers VS. X-Men! From superstar writer Brian Michael Bendis & legendary artist Walter Simonson; Captain America has declared war on The X-Men! The impending doom of the Phoenix Force lurks ever closer; forcing The Avengers to suit up and join the battle to save the Earth! But, which Avengers will follow Captain America to the front lines? Find out in Simonson’s epic return to Marvel with Avengers #25, hitting comic shops everywhere and the Marvel Comics app, this April!

You’ve heard It’s Coming—and this April The War Is Here in Avengers VS X-Men! All your favorite super heroes enter—and only one team will emerge victorious!

Which team will reign supreme? Join the conversation on Twitter with #AvX!
For more on Avengers VS. X-Men, please visit http://avx.marvel.com
== TEASER ==

AVENGERS #25 (FEB120541)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Pencils by WALTER SIMONSON

Cover by DANIEL ACUNA

Rated T…$3.99

FOC –3/26/12, ON SALE – 4/18/12

Staff
#1 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, that art is terrible.

#2 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea what is going on in those panels

#3 Posted by Ellocobruja (559 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the art.

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to admit, for such a large scale event like this, the art is SERIOUSLY poor.

#5 Posted by VIN31 (355 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ellocobruja said:

I like the art.

#6 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

what is going on..?

#7 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but Walt's art seems to have gotten cartoony. I loved his work on Thor back in the day but this is really bad.

#8 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to split hairs (I hardly ever do..) but wat is with the art? I wood think the art to be held to a higher standard for a tie-in to an important event like AvX.. Also, as Sexual Lobster said, what is going on? lol

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate this art.

#10 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

i am in the middle with the art. lol

#11 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

The Daniel Acuna cover is great, the actual panel art is alright, but could be better.

#12 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Acuna = Awesome

Actual art = Horrible

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the art.

#14 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

My head is spinning. I must have drunk a lot of beer lately. =P

#15 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

noh-varr running looks bizarre

#16 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow what is it, 1993? Those are some lame ass poses and some DATED colors. 

#17 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio

the art looks weird

#18 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Justice League #7 has bad art, but this is worse.

#19 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the art also

#20 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

fear itself had better art than this... you mean to tell me that you have marvels 2 biggest super hero teams facing off with this art? not to sound ungrateful or anything but man.. Is this the best they could do?

if anything they should have had the dude who drew house of M or Childerns crusade draw this event

#21 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

EEEEEEK the art

#22 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Walts art !!! It is so nice to see a comic DRAWN and look like it was made by human hands.

#23 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6355 posts) - - Show Bio

People complain about Romita's artwork. It is vastly superior to the scribbles we see here. I feel like I'm looking at an Avengers book from the 60's. Pass.

#24 Posted by movieartman (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: this is the avengers book tie in to avx, that said this art isnt much better than john romita jr who will be doing the art on the first 4 issues of the actual main AVX book. but THANKFULY the artist u suggested who did house of M, Oliver Coipel who also drew Seige is drawing the next 4 issues after romita, then after him adam kubert for the last 4

#25 Posted by david_boring (10 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing wrong with the art, it's the coloring which doesn't suit it. Too bad.

#26 Posted by movieartman (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

this is damn funny, most all people on Comic Book Reseorce where Phraiseing the art and evrey on here is tearing it apart

#27 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the art, and I cant imagine what's going on in those panels.

#28 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't understand why Marvel suddenly decided to ressurect Vision. He seems very out of place.

#29 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea what's even going on!

#30 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

And I like Simonson's art, but there are a few weird panels here (Noh-Varr running).

His and Romita's art are better fits for Avengers than Acuna who I personally think belongs on something like Daredevil. The tone of Avengers is more cartoony kind of, not dark and gritty. I will admit Romita and what we've seen of Simonson's art are a bit wonky though.

#31 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate how the Avengers always get horrible creative teams. Just in general.

#32 Posted by AngeTheDude (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Keeping up with the standards of horrible art for The Avengers.

#33 Posted by webofthornns (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not crazy about the art but I'll take it over Romita Jr's stuff anyday

#34 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- The art is pretty bad, but I'm still waiting for them to show something to justify the event

- X-Sanction teased at some things but its this close and we are all still guessing as to why they will be at odds

#35 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV: Based on your response about X-Sanction, at the end of issue 4 did you not feel like this story was a bit "tacked on"? I kinda felt as if Marvel left me high & dry at the end of this limited series.. The ending didn't reveal or set up anything that we already didn't know. & I thought this was supposed to be the year of the EX-Men.. or was that 2011?

@royale_with_cheese:I believe they brought the vision back for future use now that Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) is back & they have quite a few issues to sort through. Possibly a future ongoing title with one another. Simon Williams (Wonder Man)'s fate has been left ambiguous at the end of the Avengers Annual issue. The future is full of possibilites!

#36 Posted by BigRed125 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally love this art. It has a classic feel to it. It reminds me of Jack Kirby's art-style.

#37 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Acuna doing the cover, with this HORRENDOUS art inside? 

Why must Marvel kill any hopes of me giving this a chance?

#38 Posted by HolySerpent (12537 posts) - - Show Bio

Art= Disaster

#39 Posted by ebonstormmc (4 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all, I'm a huge fan of Simonson and I'm glad to see him back on a book, even if only for a 6 issue arc. That said, I have a personal bias in favor of the art. Simonson's run on X-Factor is what really got me into comics back in the '80s. His art is very distinctive. You know it as soon as you see it. It's from a different era in comics. It doesn't look like anything else out there currently or back then for that matter, which may be the reason for all the ire it has raised here. Along with that, Simonson comes from a design school background. He has always seemed to take a different, more graphic approach to the way he structures his pages. I say all of this to say: Give his art time. Check out some of the design elements he puts into some of these pages. Look at more than just the few samples that have been shown before you decide yea or nay. It may or may not grow on you. If it does, then you've just discovered a new art style you didn't even know you liked. If it doesn't, then hey, it was just 6 issues out of you life. No big whoop right?