• 75 results
Posted by G-Man (18922 posts) - - Show Bio

Last week we just saw a preview for AVENGERS #24.NOW (on sale Tuesday). Marvel has just released a first look at issue 25.

They have come from a different place and time – and today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at AVENGERS #25, from blockbuster creators Jonathan Hickman and Salvador Larroca. United against threats no single super hero could withstand – the Avengers have faced dangers unlike any other. But what happens when the danger is themselves? From the splintered fringes of time comes….the Avengers?! And the heroes of the past must face the horrors their present has wrought.

“After wrapping up INFINITY, Jonathan and I were pretty tired. Too tired to come up with anything new,” says Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “That whole All-New X-Men thing with the X-Men from the past has been working out pretty well for Brian Bendis, so we thought we’d jump on the bandwagon. Hence, the All-New Avengers! Sounds like the sort of thing that we’d do, doesn’t it?”

Past and present collide this January in AVENGERS #25. But when the dust settles, will there be a present worth fighting for? Not everyone makes it out alive!

AVENGERS #25 (NOV130579)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by SALVADOR LARROCA

Cover by MIKE DEODATO

Variant Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER

FOC 12/23/13, ON-SALE 1/22/14

#1 Posted by Teerack (7461 posts) - - Show Bio

The original Avengers from the past.... in the present... oh god I don't want to read All New Avengers.

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see Larocca draw Maria Hill again. As for the premise...huh, we'll see how it goes but I have faith in the Hick.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (45714 posts) - - Show Bio

That Mike Deodato Jr art is stunning as usual.

#4 Posted by comicbookfan93 (426 posts) - - Show Bio

So Marvel have officially run out of ideas then

#5 Posted by SuperiorScarletSpider (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish time travel in the marvel universe would go away.

#6 Posted by Squalleon (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

So...All-New Avengers?

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

You have got to be kidding me....

#8 Posted by Gotham331 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

C'MON SON!!!

#9 Posted by Gotham331 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that a TIE fighter pilot standing behind Maria Hill?

#10 Posted by War Killer (20294 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope people don't write this off as an "X-Men ripoff." The fact that Marvel is openly laughing at the fact that it is so similar to what Bendis is doing in ANXM should give you a clue that there's more to this story than the original Avengers coming to the present. Not to mention that since it's Hickman writing the story, we should know by now that not everything will be as it seems.

#11 Edited by Nefilim927 (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Flying with an ant under each foot looks really awkward/painful...just sayin

#12 Edited by Mahzian (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant-man looks to be doing his version of the Volvo splits:

#13 Edited by dondave (38907 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Nefilim927 (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@mahzian: haha nice, that's what I was thinking

#15 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

next month All-New FF where the F4 from the past come to the present and see if there is a future worth exploring.

#16 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

this would have worked better after Civil War or Secret Invasion....with Cap "dead", Tony being hated by half of the superhero community, Hulk learning what was done to him in Planet Hulk, and Janet "dead" after Secret Invasion....right now all of them get along just fine...what's the point?

#17 Posted by flazam (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Next Up

Battle of the Molecule

#18 Posted by fACEmelter88 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Still don't know why Daisy Johnson isn't in charge of SHIELD any more...anyone want to sum that up for me?

#19 Posted by Dstick88 (122 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Teerack (7461 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Teerack (7461 posts) - - Show Bio

@facemelter88 said:

Still don't know why Daisy Johnson isn't in charge of SHIELD any more...anyone want to sum that up for me?

She was using Avengers to try and orchestrate a War with AIM Island, and Maria stopped her before she could start it. Politicians decided that Maria was the better choice for Director.

Currently Maria Hill is the Director of Shield, and Daisy had most of her classified knowledge wiped. She attempted to restore her memories but it was a failure and only partial restored her memories so she doesn't know all of Shield's secrets anymore.

This all went down in Secret Avengers.

#22 Edited by Maddpanda531 (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that a TIE fighter pilot standing behind Maria Hill?

Well, Disney does own both Marvel and Star Wars...

#23 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. but at the same time I'm disappointed, since All-New X-Men didn't live up to the expectations.

#24 Edited by PunyParker (12615 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

The original Avengers from the past.... in the present... oh god I don't want to read All New Avengers.

"It's like this never happened before!!....didnt happen with Miguel O'Hara,and neither with Bendis's X-Men!!"............ boo Marvel....boo.

#25 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

looks dope

#26 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (531 posts) - - Show Bio

so all the past will come back... ok....

#27 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

A terrible idea on so many levels. but the modern Avengers would simply steam roll this line up if it came down to it

#28 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Them acknowledging that they're doing All New X-Men again with the Avengers is like a movie doing something really stupid and then winking at the audience to let them know they know how stupid it was. That doesn't make it any better and kind of makes it worse. That being said Hickman stated a while ago he had a three year plan for the Avengers so hopefully this isn't just a result of editorial say "Time travel. Do it."

#30 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the ol' days where the story just go from start to finish in a single issue. Maybe it's just me but I like it like that. :)

#31 Posted by angelalfonso (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

I only hope Marvel don’t do the same to spiderman in order to bring Peter back

#32 Posted by micah (2881 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicbookfan93: don't say that, let's just hope after Infinity they really are tired

#34 Posted by micah (2881 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting, it will be fun to see how past tony stark will geek out at the future and his armor. I'll give it a try

#35 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

uhhhhhhhh

#36 Posted by Avengers_4everXX (139 posts) - - Show Bio

So this will be what ANXM could have been if it was written by a good writer. Can't wait!

#37 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@teerack said:

This.

So Marvel have officially run out of ideas then

Also this.

I wish time travel in the marvel universe would go away.

Definitely this

You have got to be kidding me....

And a little more of this.

#38 Posted by ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not pull a DC, New 52 and bring Wasp from the past instead of the microverse and THEN bring the old Avengers from the past. Just for the fun of it.

#39 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait.What?!

#40 Edited by TDK_1997 (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

Great,his Avengers run has been total crap and things just got better with Infinity and now this happens.

#41 Edited by Z3RO180 (6719 posts) - - Show Bio

I am looking forward to this but hopefully it does not last very long

#42 Edited by Chaos Burn (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the guys at Marvel literal dollar-eyed fat cats? They're not even trying, is that quote about lazily copying the X-Men real?

#44 Posted by Lordhuck (71 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

And my happiness from dropping all team related books from Marvel and DC has been validated again. The current exception is Superior Foes of Spider-Man, now there is a book Marvel should be promoting more and everybody should be checking out.

#47 Posted by Oscars94 (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordhuck: I'm coining that for my super-villain, Mr. Mean. "People of Earth, you've done it now, you silly sausages!" "For your insolence, I will kill time!" It's a work in progress, don't judge it too harshly.

#48 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

And my happiness from dropping all team related books from Marvel and DC has been validated again. The current exception is Superior Foes of Spider-Man, now there is a book Marvel should be promoting more and everybody should be checking out.

yep

#49 Posted by SGU823 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but is that a Stargate in the first picture?

Also, yeah, this is happening. After this it will be "ALL-NEW FF" then "ALL-NEW WOLVERINE". Eventually the Marvel Universe will be filled with past versions of everyone and it will all culminate into a war between the present and past versions. BUT HERES THE TWIST: THE PAST WINS. Then the past versions of everyone will live out their lives like their present versions did until they get to the point where the whole cycle repeats itself.

BOOM. Marvel will just reprint everything they've made in the past 60 years indefinitely. Because R.I.P originality :P

#50 Posted by Admiral_IronBeast (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@sgu823 said:

I'm sorry, but is that a Stargate in the first picture?

Also, yeah, this is happening. After this it will be "ALL-NEW FF" then "ALL-NEW WOLVERINE". Eventually the Marvel Universe will be filled with past versions of everyone and it will all culminate into a war between the present and past versions. BUT HERES THE TWIST: THE PAST WINS. Then the past versions of everyone will live out their lives like their present versions did until they get to the point where the whole cycle repeats itself.

BOOM. Marvel will just reprint everything they've made in the past 60 years indefinitely. Because R.I.P originality :P

^^you sir, are an absolute genius. Marvel will make soo much $$$ without paying for labor!!!

seriously though that ^was hilarious

@lordhuck said:

@superiorscarletspider:

There is method to the madness.

They may be working towards eliminating time travel all together.

So many people have traveled through time so much in the marvel U. Time itself is beginning to "die".

http://theshortbox.com/2013/12/age-of-ultron-bendis-may-be-a-genius/

guys, I think lord huck might be right. What if this is the end of time travel? Cuz we have ''killed" time?