gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This October, Earth’s Mightiest Heroes are reforged, retooled and recharged for the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe! But first, kickoff the all-new Avengers line of titles with AVENGERS #0 – featuring new stories setting the stage for six new ongoing series! Someone is watching, carefully studying the movements of the Avengers and those in their orbit. But are they friend, or foe?! Find out in this exciting launch issue featuring new stories of ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS, SQUADRON SUPREME, A-FORCE, NEW AVENGERS, ULTIMATES and UNCANNY AVENGERS. Featuring all-star talents from across the comic industry, be there for the genesis of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes for a new era in AVENGERS #0! Coming to comic shops and digital devices on October 7th!

AVENGERS #0 (AUG150696)

Written by MARK WAID, JAMES ROBINSON, G. WILLOW WILSON,

AL EWING and GERRY DUGGAN

Art by MAHMUD ASRAR, LEONARD KIRK, GERARDO SANDOVAL, KENNETH ROCAFORT, RYAN STEGMAN and VICTOR IBANEZ

Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT

Wraparound Variant by ART ADAMS (AUG150697)

Kirby Monster Variant by DAVID MARQUEZ (AUG150699)

Cosplay Variant by MICHAEL COX (AUG150698)

FOC – 09/14/15, On-Sale – 10/07/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Wow. This looks amazing and there's not even any dialogue to go off of. Marvel is on point. People are underestimating Marvel.

mikey776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looks good

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks fantastic! ANAD Marvel cannot come soon enough

Avatar image for darkscorpion_omega
darkscorpion_omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hope Blue Marvel finally gets the A level character treatment he deserves along with Hyperion

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liking the art

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That team roster cover looks really cool. BTW, the girl fighting the Skrulls with Hyperion and other heroes...Is that Power Princess?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like it a lot.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will this be a six issue series or will there be actually six separate Avenger titles?

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks promising.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looking very, very good.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Cap10nate

While the art looks great, none of the concepts have really grabbed me except for maybe Robinson's Squadron Supreme. Hopefully that will change as we get closer to the date.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@mark_stephen: It's mentioned in the text.

Find out in this exciting launch issue featuring new stories of ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS, SQUADRON SUPREME, A-FORCE, NEW AVENGERS, ULTIMATES and UNCANNY AVENGERS.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehh, since when has Galactus been an Avenger?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Stahlflamme

@sinikettu said:

Ehh, since when has Galactus been an Avenger?

Well, the first two story arc of Ultimates are apparently about the team trying to stop Galactus, but with the writer stating that that will last longer than anyone might expect yet and him being on the cover here... He is probably gonna be a member of some kind.

Edit: I don't think the preview pages for all-new and a-force are very well chosen.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sly_141

This looks really good. Maybe the ANAD Marvel universe won't be that bad. I check out this Ultimates, Doctor Strange, and Squadron Supreme.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 different Avenger titles. They are really going to do to the Avengers what they did to the X-men; super saturate and run the franchise into the ground.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Some of these stories might be good. Like the artwork so far.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dondave

That team roster cover looks really cool. BTW, the girl fighting the Skrulls with Hyperion and other heroes...Is that Power Princess?

Yep

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd still like to know which "Human Torch" that is on the Uncanny Avengers. We already know Johnny Storm is in the Uncanny Inhumans, so is he pulling double duty? We also know Inferno is in Uncanny Inhumans. I'm hopeful it's Jim Hammond but I havent seen it confirmed anywhere yet.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome! Marvel is killing my wallet

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool being an Avenger (even if he is in an Avengers title not even a member) is just ugh.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

All New, All Ethnic, and Ultimates have my attention. That's about it.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: Well he was a member of the great lakes avenger iirc.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 different Avenger titles. They are really going to do to the Avengers what they did to the X-men; super saturate and run the franchise into the ground.

I don't know Avengers are ultimately just superhero teams. Does it really make that big a difference if we have Defenders, Invaders, Avengers, Secret Warriors or New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, all-new all-different mighty avengers, secret avengers. Unlike with X-Men they don't all have the mutant thematics and mostly use established characters rather than making a billion new mutants for every book.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: haven't read it but should suck as well :D Deadpool isn't Avengers type.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

@kritikalmassx: I do believe that is the Zarda from the Ultimate universe. In the cover for Squadron Supreme #1 that has been previewed she is in Warrior Woman gear (from Squadron Sinister series) so I'm not sure what they are going to do with that angel?

maybe she will switch her look?

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Wonderman, Vision, Wiccan and Scarlet Witch in the same comic book series...?! Awesome! I just hope that they reveal that the Maximoff twins are still mutants or that the Higher Evolutionary atleast used Magneto's blood to experiment on them...

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:

I don't know Avengers are ultimately just superhero teams. Does it really make that big a difference if we have Defenders, Invaders, Avengers, Secret Warriors or New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, all-new all-different mighty avengers, secret avengers. Unlike with X-Men they don't all have the mutant thematics and mostly use established characters rather than making a billion new mutants for every book.

Used to be a difference between the teams. The FF was different from the Avengers who were different from the Defenders. Now they are like legos.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything would be a refreshing change to this crap secret wars event that has gone on WAAAAAAAY TOO LONG.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really want to get excited for all this but i just feel so... underwhelmed by it all

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme said:
@mark_stephen said:

Used to be a difference between the teams. The FF was different from the Avengers who were different from the Defenders. Now they are like legos.

But how can you say the Avenger teams now are all the same given that none of them is out yet? And the last Secret Avengers Team was hardly the same as Mighty Avengers or New Avengers.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good, especially that Ultimates art. Can someone tell me who the Katana looking woman is?

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good.

I'm catching up with Avengers World and frankly, I hope one of those series will be like it : something fun, with huge scales, banter, bad guys, evil aliens/sorcerers/robots, spies, legacy heroes, new heroes !

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjuwayo said:

Is that Wonderman, Vision, Wiccan and Scarlet Witch in the same comic book series...?! Awesome! I just hope that they reveal that the Maximoff twins are still mutants or that the Higher Evolutionary atleast used Magneto's blood to experiment on them...

No. The issue contains six stories all leading into different books. Vision is on All-New All-Different, Wiccan on New and Wonderman and Scarlet Witch(she gets a solo title) aren't on any of the teams.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow actually looks good. I'm just missing Thor, Hulk, and Wolverine. Altleast Deadpool and Spiderman are still themselves. Glad they're giving Hyperion more spotlight now. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Who's the girl with the star sweater and short shorts?

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool,an Avenger?cant wait.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude said:

Wow actually looks good. I'm just missing Thor, Hulk, and Wolverine. Altleast Deadpool and Spiderman are still themselves. Glad they're giving Hyperion more spotlight now. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Who's the girl with the star sweater and short shorts?

Miss America overrated Mary Sue extraordinary and nonsensical Wonder Woman rippoff that will hopefully gain something resembling an actual personality now that someone that isn't Kieron Gillen is writing her for more than one issue.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nova, Richard Rider is in the 4th scan. I'm intrigued now.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nova_ said:

I know me too! I thought he was dead. I really hope MU uses him more now. Like in Annihilation.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude said:

Miss America overrated Mary Sue extraordinary and nonsensical Wonder Woman rippoff that will hopefully gain something resembling an actual personality now that someone that isn't Kieron Gillen is writing her for more than one issue.

Oh okay thanks, looks interesting.

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude said:
@nova_ said:

I know me too! I thought he was dead. I really hope MU uses him more now. Like in Annihilation.

!!!!!

Please let him be back... PLEASE

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:
@stahlflamme said:
@mark_stephen said:

But how can you say the Avenger teams now are all the same given that none of them is out yet? And the last Secret Avengers Team was hardly the same as Mighty Avengers or New Avengers.

Might not be all of the same -though with six teams I think they'll have to bring some super villains out of retirement to keep them all busy- but they'll still all be Avenger teams. The dynamic used to be the X-men: outlaws, the Fantastic Four: family and adventurers, the Defenders: just get together when needed or hung out together(until they became Avengers light), the Avengers: formal structure and government sanctioned menace handlers. Now they'll be 6 Avenger teams, no Defenders, no Fantastic Four and I don't know about the X-men. At this point everyone in the mu is either an Avenger or an X-men.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: what you said. It's the same reason I didn't read JLU. There's already a Justice league. And that was only two teams.

This is six. It's flabbergasting. Wouldn't know how to keep up. But I'm sure they'll be a good read. It's just the principle of things

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I'm wrong but,...does this not look like a manga?

No Caption Provided

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking good

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor Odinson ????? :(

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By emers109
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Stahlflamme

@mark_stephen said:

Might not be all of the same -though with six teams I think they'll have to bring some super villains out of retirement to keep them all busy- but they'll still all be Avenger teams. The dynamic used to be the X-men: outlaws, the Fantastic Four: family and adventurers, the Defenders: just get together when needed or hung out together(until they became Avengers light), the Avengers: formal structure and government sanctioned menace handlers. Now they'll be 6 Avenger teams, no Defenders, no Fantastic Four and I don't know about the X-men. At this point everyone in the mu is either an Avenger or an X-men.

The All-New All-Different Avengers were stated to only band together when a threat is at hand. The New Avengers are super science superhero team that operates internationally in conflict with the government. Ultimates operate with Galactus level threats in outer space. Uncanny Avengers are a mutant and inhuman problem oriented team. Squadron Supreme are... well the Justice League. A-Force... no idea why the team suddenly exists in the main universe maybe Carol sees the Secret Wars team and likes the idea.

The problem with the x-men being so oversaturated is indeed that they were all the outcasts, a message that might already get lost if half the books Marvel brings out are about these outcasts and the majority of Marvel characters are mutants and the outcasts are actually the majority. Avengers are at this point just the most marketable name to give a superhero team and actually only three of these six books are called Avengers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but,...does this not look like a manga?

No Caption Provided

More similiar to eighties artwork, but comic and manga art have influenced one another for years now some styles are bound to look close these days.