• 55 results
Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel NOW! initiative will be getting a brand new look at "The God of Thunder," Thor. Marvel has given readers a look at the series before it hits stores on November 14th, 2012, so how will this Thor be different from previous versions of the character? The upcoming THOR: GOD OF THUNDER will be written by writer Jason Aaron (WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN) and feature the art talents of Esad Ribic (WOLVERINE). and will follow Thor as he struggles to prevent "a trail of blood" from "consuming his past, present and future self." In order to do this, the 'God of Thunder' must uncover the mystery behind "the God Butcher." Sounds crazy? Check out the full solicit and accompanying preview, below.

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #1

WRITTEN BY: JASON AARON

ART & COVER BY: ESAD RIBIC

ON SALE: 11/14/2012

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Thor: God of Thunder #1, kicking off the all-new ongoing series from the amazing creative team of writer Jason Aaron and artist Esad Ribic! Throughout the ages, the gods of the Marvel Universe have been vanishing, their mortal worshippers left in chaos. NOW! the Mighty Thor follows a trail of blood that threatens to consume his past, present and future selves. The only hope for these ravaged worlds lies with the God of Thunder unraveling the gruesome mystery of the God Butcher!

As part of Marvel NOW!, Thor: God of Thunder joins a number of titles that will take the Marvel Universe in an exciting all-new direction, as the industry’s top creators join the top Super Heroes to deliver all-new ongoing series, great for new and lapsed readers alike!

Each issue of Thor: God of Thunder includes a code for a free digital copy on the Marvel Comics app(for iPhone®, iPad®, iPad Touch® & Android devices). Additionally, each issue of Thor: God of Thunder features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

An all-new direction! All-new threats! This is Thor: God of Thunder NOW!

This November, Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic redefine what it means to be worthy in Thor: God of Thunder #1!

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by greenlucario (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty good, might actually try this.

#2 Posted by supernoob (3 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the art

#3 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

I read this in the Marvel NOW preview issue. It shows previews of Cap, Iron Man, FF, Fantastic 4, First X men, SHe Hulk, Thor, and X men Legacy. They were free at my LCS Flying Colors comics.

This Thor title, The first X men and the new Thunderbolts, and maybe Cable's X-force are the titles that interest me in the Marvel Now line.

#4 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Ribic's art looks great.

Consider me intrigued.

#5 Posted by whiteknight67 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG Thor is ripped

#6 Posted by sagejonathan (2026 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is awesomely awesome.

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG that art...absolutely gorgeous!

#8 Posted by Billy Batson (58319 posts) - - Show Bio

Semi old preview.
Might read this sooner or later because of Aaron.
BB

#9 Posted by gamerzdu04 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Who are the dead gods?

#10 Posted by Arevish (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor - Aaron - Ribic.

3 words that makes this comic a must buy

#11 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

wow..that art. gorgeous!

Is Jason Aaron a good writer though???

#12 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks sweet. Kinda makes me sad that I don't have the extra money to invest in Marvel comics.

#13 Posted by Lvenger (21219 posts) - - Show Bio

That art's gorgeous and it's nice to see Aaron back on form.

#14 Posted by yo_yo_fun (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the preview!

I might pick up the 1st issue and try it out.

#15 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Freaking love the art (reminds me of Frazetta in a way). But after Aaron's run on Incredible Hulk, I'm not sure I can trust him handling any Marvel superhero that doesn't have foot long retractable claws and a hairdo that makes even Medusa jealous.

#16 Posted by DATNIGGA (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

not sure how i feel about this ill read it tho

#17 Posted by longbowhunter (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the premise for the first arc and it goes without saying the art is amazing.

#18 Posted by tomlikesfries (4869 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. The art really is astounding and so is Aaron (not talking only about Thor, but a great part of his work). I wasn't sure before, but now, I'll definitely give this comic a shot.

#19 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw this in the preview book . Love the art, can't wait read it next month

#20 Posted by The Stegman (26006 posts) - - Show Bio
Thou loves the way Thor speaks
#21 Posted by TylerTheDestroyer (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow awesome din't know that Thor could use mjilnor as a flash light, i wonder what else he could use it for?

#22 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, pretty good. VERY tempted to pull that issue #1 out. I have so many issues to follow upcoming next month! Gambit, FF #1, Wolverine MAX, All-New X-Men and several others I might forget.

Jason is an awesome writer. I enjoyed following him in Wolverine and the X-Men.

#23 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

love thor but the art sucks

#24 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Marvel can show us the inside look of Captain America, Iron Man and Hulk soon. I've been wondering what they look like inside the comics.

#25 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks awesome, can't wait to read this new series!!! ^_^

#26 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, I can read Thor again. Bye, Fraction.

#27 Posted by cc1738 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting this. It looks really cool.

#28 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@ClintsEvilTwin said:

Ribic's art looks great.

Consider me intrigued.

#29 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#30 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm, Thor teaming up with his past and future self still sounds incredibly stupid to me and "the god butcher" im rollin my eyes marvel (though not as bad as Miss Thing in FF).

The art though, I think I can get behind it enough to give the first issue or two a try.

#31 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@Green ankh said:

love thor but the art sucks

What?!?! ::rubbing my eyes::: Am I seeing something?

#32 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY!? I had my mind set to not buying this series... Now that I've read this preview I want to read it!

#33 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover is atrocious, but the artwork inside looks pretty cool. Not too sure about his plain chest piece though.

#34 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

At first, I wasn't behind Marvel Now.

Now, I am. GET IT?!

No but really, most of the new books look neat. Picking up Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Avengers and Fantastic Four.

The preview for FF didn't make me hate it, either. Miss-Thing looks awful, but Allred's art might make me do it.

#35 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smurfboy said:

I hope Marvel can show us the inside look of Captain America, Iron Man and Hulk soon. I've been wondering what they look like inside the comics.

Your comic shop should have a preview book for free. I got it 2 weeks ago, and it has previews for Cap, Thor (this one), Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four and FF.

#36 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I'm hooked (No pun) Aaron got me reading Hulk. Looks like I'm gonna be reading Thor too now.

#37 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

...So buying this...

#38 Posted by badak_jantan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

like this!

#39 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by reecesearch (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible art.

#41 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow the art is just simply stellar! And I'm intrigued by this "God Butcher" character now... O_o

#42 Posted by AngeTheDude (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the art and I can't wait for Aaron's take. However, it looks like people are tired of drawing his new armor :P

#43 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much what I expected from Jason Aaron.

#44 Posted by movieartman (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterKetch: HE IS NOT TEAMING UP WITH OTHER VERSIONS OF HIMSELF the book Takes place in 3 time periods of thors life when he encountered the new villain there is no time travel, no thor from other times meeting

#45 Posted by movieartman (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem: other than thors face what the hell is possibly bad about the cover???

your one of thoose anti alex ross hipsters that hates painted comic art arent you :(

#46 Posted by cincyducksfan35 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great, just don't know if I can afford it. $4 and I bet they will be double shipping it each month. $8 is a lot each month for one series.

#47 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm intruiged.. And i'm not even a Thor fan.

#48 Posted by comicfan123 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I've really wanted to get into Thor for a while...this looks good enough to be a great start! =)

On a side note, anyone else think Thor's arms in the first photo look like Thanksgiving Day turkeys? 'Cause those things are just huge...

#49 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@movieartman:Well since thats the case I'm more on board with this comic then.

#50 Posted by flickerlighter (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan of Thor, or any avenger book, but I tried before with journey into mystery, and well I kind of like Thor over there, his little cameos. So I think I'll try this one. Yeah the art looks quite good.