gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

What’s that? TWO NOVAS?! Your eyes do not deceive you, True Believer. It’s a double dose of Human Rocket this November in the all-new NOVA #1 – the explosive new ongoing series from writer Sean Ryan and artist Cory Smith! Sam Alexander is still an Avenger and the Human Rocket, but these days he’s got his old man, Jesse, by his side! For the first time in years, there’s more than one Nova in the galaxy and things are finally starting to go Sam’s way! But what really happened to Jesse while he was stranded out in space? The answers begin here! Don’t miss a fresh start for the whole Alexander family as they blast headlong into All-New, All-Different Marvel in NOVA #1 – on sale in November!

NOVA #1 (SEP150662)

Written by SEAN RYAN

Art by CORY SMITH

Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

Variant Cover by CHRIS SAMNEE (SEP150665)

Hip-Hop Variant Cover by ERIC CANETE (SEP150663)

Cosplay Variant by CAP SANTIAGO (SEP150664)

FOC – 10/12/15, On-Sale – 11/04/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

... No Richard Rider!?

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

YES!!!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By w0nd

@waezi2: LOL i knew someone would say that, they have been for years..

i think he is just one of those characters that stay dead...like ted kord, for the longest time

can you recommend any good stories involving him?

also is this an actual nova book, or one in the secret wars world in a parallel dimension

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for misternefarious
MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MisterNefarious

@w0nd: The few few volumes of Nova after Annihilation are pretty great, but TBH you should just read Annihilation.

Great gigantic scale cosmic awesomeness. Love it to death. Get some great Nova in there.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Argh!! Your simply killing me...

You bring back Howard the Friggin' Duck

Send MJ to go work with Tony Stark

and not only is he still dead, you give away his uniform?!

your really twisting that knife Marvel. *sigh* This must be what it feels like to be a Detroit Lions fan this morning

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So instead of Richard (Or even the cool Nova Family from Infinity Gauntlet Secret Wars tie-in) we proceed with Loeb's terrible character and we get his dad on top of that? Because the last time around did so well in sales. Should just named him Jeff Alexander.

Fail

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: same thing what i was thinking... what happen to him ? I heard some say he supposedly died but it was never really clear.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HumanRocket

@w0nd: Annihilation, Nova Annihilation, Nova Annihilation Conquest and everything in the series up to War of Kings. The Thanos Imperative. Those are the core stories you want to read for Richard Rider Nova.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

This makes me think of the amount of experience shared between the new young members of the ANAD Avengers, and that makes me think that, of the three of them, it goes Sam Alexander (Nova) > Miles Morales (Ultimate Spider-Man) > Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel). Good to see that Sam gets to keep expanding, and with the inclusion of his dad no less.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me think of the amount of experience shared between the new young members of the ANAD Avengers, and that makes me think that, of the three of them, it goes Sam Alexander (Nova) > Miles Morales (Ultimate Spider-Man) > Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel). Good to see that Sam gets to keep expanding, and with the inclusion of his dad no less.

It should really be Miles>Sam>Kamala. Miles has had more time being a hero and more experience in the Ultimate Universe. Miles has even hold his ground and even beaten an veteran 616 Peter Parker during the Spider-Men story. Sam hasn't had any training aside from what Rocket and Gamora thought him in the first few issues and up to the conclusion of the last series,he was shown to still not understand the full capacities of the Black Super Nova powers.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the last Nova series, so I'll be picking this up for sure! Sam is absolutely one of my favorite characters

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@51stpresidentofplanetneutral said:

It should really be Miles>Sam>Kamala. Miles has had more time being a hero and more experience in the Ultimate Universe. Miles has even hold his ground and even beaten an veteran 616 Peter Parker during the Spider-Men story. Sam hasn't had any training aside from what Rocket and Gamora thought him in the first few issues and up to the conclusion of the last series,he was shown to still not understand the full capacities of the Black Super Nova powers.

In terms of skill, yeah, Miles heads the three of them. I only placed Sam first because (as far as I've read, anyway) he's accomplished more. They've all done their fair share of awesome things, but on a grander scale, Sam has done a little more. As for who's better, Miles wins easy.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By MK5

@BlazingNova said:
@51stpresidentofplanetneutral said:

I agree with Miles>Sam>Kamala in terms of how much I enjoy their series.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: He sacrificed himself in order to save Earth from an alternative realities evil version o Avengers.

@w0nd: Well, there is the 2006 series, that is one of the greatest space cop comics written. That's right, it's better than Johns' Green Lantern. The first series from the 70's was fun in a goofy 70's kind of way, but that's it.

Also, I recommend New Warriors http://www.comicvine.com/the-new-warriors/4050-4407/ my favorite team series of all time. The first 26 issues can be bought in omnibus form.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

It should be called Novas.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@waezi2 said:

... No Richard Rider!?

galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art looks better than before.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BetaRaybdw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Alexanders are Novas, but Richard Rider isNova. dissappointed....

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CalvinRod

It seems interesting. I hope it's better than Nova V5. Vol which I did not like.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Alexanders are Novas, but Richard Rider isNova. dissappointed....

@calvinr said:

It seems interesting. I hope it's better than New V5. Vol which I did not like.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dont like kid nova. Id much more enjoy Anwen Bakian from Infinity Gauntlet. hell the whole family for that matter. it seemed to have a more natural family feel to it than.....this.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah sorry, not terribly interested in reading about yet another new kid hero. I mean we have kamala, silk is a new hero, and we get Sam. I'm sorry but, why is Sam better than Richard again? I've been waiting and waiting for Richard and think I'm done with Nova till Richard comes back. I mean, he's in a universe where death doesn't exist... how can he be dead?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just make Richard a villain already so he can kick Sam and his fathers' heads off

garyneville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does Jesse wear a centurion helmet in the second picture?

Isn't he a denarian?

Or it is that Black Nova has a different rank system from the Gold Dome Nova?

But if they do have different rank then why does Jesse wear a gold helmet?

CaptainHeadset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im still hoping they bring back Rich at some point. Jesse is not really ervaring his costume, because last time we was Rich, he was nova prime in his awesome nova prime gear. Let them keep the dorky buckets and let Richard be awesome as ever WHEN he comes back.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty good cosplay.

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By t209

Called it, Jesse is the last Xandarian in the universe who decided to inseminate a Latina in objection to his mom. Imagine if Xandar was reborn (again), and see some (awkward) family reunion.

Then Kaelynn and Sam may have inherited his "sliver" of Nova Force, depended if he came from long line of Centurions and not being "white guy who was a product of one night stand" (Hulkling is not excluded, sorry).

@garyneville: Well, Blacknovas started out as renegade Novas who may have tweaked some helmets to use without the Worldmind's control. Maybe they got some Denarian helmets for modification.

TryingToChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

can you recommend any good stories involving him?

Have you read the Guardians comic on what happened after everyone was 'ported out of the Cancerverse? It's the Original Sin tie-in. Issue 18, I think. Nova sacrifices himself to open a portal for Star-Lord to escape. This proves futile in the end, of course, 'cause Thanos escapes too.

TryingToChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t209 said:

Called it, Jesse is the last Xandarian in the universe who decided to inseminate a Latina in objection to his mom. Imagine if Xandar was reborn (again), and see some (awkward) family reunion.

Then Kaelynn and Sam may have inherited his "sliver" of Nova Force, depended if he came from long line of Centurions and not being "white guy who was a product of one night stand" (Hulkling is not excluded, sorry).

@garyneville: Well, Blacknovas started out as renegade Novas who may have tweaked some helmets to use without the Worldmind's control. Maybe they got some Denarian helmets for modification.

Waaaaiiiiitttt a minute. Does this mean that... WORLDMIND IS COMING BACK?!

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tryingtochill: Probably not but this was my theory based on New Warrior issue where Richard Rider had "sliver" of Nova Force that was given by Queen Adora before Xandar was destroyed (twice during that time) along with entire Nova Force taken by Garthan Saal.

I don't know if Nova Force is hereditary but it might be interesting on the last of Nova Force stored inside the possible the only Xandarians alive in galaxy. Hope that Sam's mom didn't get alien diseases (like Spiderman: Reign or MCU Peter Quill's mom) from porking with one.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tryingtochill: Ill check it out. people were complaining about plotholes and stuff but i want to read it still

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah sorry, not terribly interested in reading about yet another new kid hero. I mean we have kamala, silk is a new hero, and we get Sam. I'm sorry but, why is Sam better than Richard again? I've been waiting and waiting for Richard and think I'm done with Nova till Richard comes back. I mean, he's in a universe where death doesn't exist... how can he be dead?

By that same logic, did we really need Silk when we had Kamala? It's not like there aren't always going to be more heroes and villains popping up. It just happens. Also, I don't think it's about being better. Just something different.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's be honest. Sam exists because of the marvel cartoon with spider-man where nova was replaced with a younger version. Marvel decided to remove Richard Rider with a new Nova. Now to be honest, I didn't read Nova much before and really that remains unchanged. Same goes with Silk. I am against what they did with Black Cat and the treatment she's received so, never really got into Silk.