First Look At The Final Issue of The HUNTRESS

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Fans of the Huntress have been at the edge of their seats for the last six months savoring each and every appearance of the character in her latest self titled ongoing series by Paul Levitz and Marcus To. Yet as good as the series has been, five issues in and we are still in the dark about the true identity of the Huntress. Who is she? Which Helena is this Huntress, Bertinelli or Wayne? Over the course of the last six months fans have speculated over which Huntress is the main character in this book, and more recently, how much of her Earth 1 identity will stick in this Earth 2 version of the character. Writer Paul Levitz made sure not to give any of that away in a quote from earlier this morning.

No Caption Provided
Wayne or Bertinelli …or perhaps both? What a lively debate erupted as this mini-series evolved, including in the DC halls as we discussed how best to fit perhaps DC’s most determined adventurer into the world of the New 52, and into the as-yet-unleashed new Earth 2. Readers argued over nuances of her behavior as well as deliberate clues, and their reactions helped shape the stories. In the end, the answers will take a few more tales to tell, and will be revealed in the upcoming WORLDS’ FINEST series, which will pick up one flight after the last page of HUNTRESS #6. And it’s a safe bet that the reveals will surprise everyone before we’re done.

So it's safe to say that the answer to the question of her identity won't be revealed in the final issue of THE HUNTRESS, due in comic shops tomorrow. However, that's not to say that we won't be getting more clues, right? DC unveiled a five-page preview of the final issue to THE HUNTRESS' mini-series earlier today. What do you think of the story so far? Which version of the Huntress do you think we will be seeing in WORLD'S FINEST, Wayne or Bertinelli? Or is this a mixture of both characters in an effort to create an entirely new heroine?

Source: DC Source

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NightFang3

Looks good, but I really like how DC put the We Can Be Heroes ad on the cover.

wowylied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By wowylied

Like in the flashpoint event we will have banner to destroy all the nice cover we could buy.

Why can't they make inside the comic like every other ads ?

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KidSupreme

i`m looking forward to this finally.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NightFang3

@wowylied: Because DC feels its important enough for the cover.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@wowylied said:

Like in the flashpoint event we will have banner to destroy all the nice cover we could buy.

dude, it's for charity 
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Martian

@wowylied said:

Because DC is best known for making stupid decisions.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NightFang3

@mr.obvious: So putting ads for charity on the cover is a stupid decisions?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself

CAN'T WAIT!!! I've been loving this mini!!! I just wish that To were going on to Worlds' Finest with Levitz...his art in the mini has been amazing

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By KainScion

@NightFang: one of the stupidest. its like you dont respect your readers to give them what they want. we want a comic book cover for which we paid not a leaflet for charities. put them inside by all means but not on the cover. making me feel guilty for enjoying my comic while somebody in africa suffers. and another thing: for how many decades have these charities sent donations to africa ? 2-3? should we have fix their whole continent by now?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NightFang3

@KainScion said:

@NightFang: and another thing: for how many decades have these charities sent donations to africa ? 2-3? should we have fix their whole continent by now?

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By HubrisRanger

@KainScion said:

and another thing: for how many decades have these charities sent donations to africa ? 2-3? should we have fix their whole continent by now?

No Caption Provided
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By daredevil21134

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Arevish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Arevish

She looks so cute in this, doesn't she?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Martian

@NightFang said:

@mr.obvious: So putting ads for charity on the cover is a stupid decisions?

I meant that it should just be an ad page inside the comic...

@Arevish said:

She looks so cute in this, doesn't she?

Yes, yes she does ;)

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By feebadger

@KainScion said:

@NightFang: one of the stupidest. its like you dont respect your readers to give them what they want. we want a comic book cover for which we paid not a leaflet for charities. put them inside by all means but not on the cover. making me feel guilty for enjoying my comic while somebody in africa suffers. and another thing: for how many decades have these charities sent donations to africa ? 2-3? should we have fix their whole continent by now?

So, Mr Charity, how much, over the years have you donated to those less fortunate than yourselves? There are things more important than comic books and i, for one, think that if DC are willing to match peoples donations, dollar for dollar, then that gives us a chance to make real change to a terrible situation. I find it ironic that some people like to read about heroism, but don't actually want to get involved in the act themselves.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By KainScion

@feebadger: some people like to read books like "psycho" but do they go around killing people?? as for the mister charity bit, since you like to donate so much, you donate, assuming u have donated something cuz if not you are one big hypocrite. me i'll enjoy the comics, because even another decades from now, no matter how much people donate it will still need more and more. people will always fall for the poor african kid with flies around him (its sad really im not being a douche) but after all this time no improvement whatsoever?? that is when i can bullsh!t with the charities and enjoy my comics without giving a damn.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By jointron33

This mini series became irrelevant once it was revealed that Lame ass helena wayne was back

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By feebadger

@KainScion said:

@feebadger: some people like to read books like "psycho" but do they go around killing people?? as for the mister charity bit, since you like to donate so much, you donate, assuming u have donated something cuz if not you are one big hypocrite. me i'll enjoy the comics, because even another decades from now, no matter how much people donate it will still need more and more. people will always fall for the poor african kid with flies around him (its sad really im not being a douche) but after all this time no improvement whatsoever?? that is when i can bullsh!t with the charities and enjoy my comics without giving a damn.

It sounds like a very aggressive and harsh world view to me. Your argument about 'psychos' is flawed and overly simplistic. Psychotic behaviour is dictated by psychological make up; heroism is determined by simple action. If the ad ran on the cover of the latest edition of American Psycho, then it would not make much sense. When it runs on the cover of a comic book, a form primarily dedicated to heroism, then it makes sense to me. I have worked actively throughout my life to help those less fortunate than myself and have physically and financially tried to help in whatever small ways i can. You seem to have adopted the attitude of "too hard, don't try" in helping those less fortunate. This is a convenient excuse usually made by those who actually can't be bothered or have no empathy or compassion for others, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you actually believe that the problem can't be fixed.

All i have to ask though is this; why do you think that the problem has to be 'fixed'? I don't give money to charities or help the homeless or any mass group in need because i think it will make the problem go away. I do it to help the individual stuck in that situation. Can you imagine the worth of saving even one life? A dozen? Hundreds? That's why you help, not to save all of Africa, or all victims of whichever crisis you care to name, but to save that one mother or that one child or that one father. If we each took on the responsibility of a small piece of our income going to that one person over there in need, then we WOULD solve the whole problem. But that will never happen as long as people like yourself say that the problem is too big and that it can't be solved. It doesnbt have to be that way.

You can read your comics without giving a damn much easier if you helped these charities. Then the ads asking for help would disappear from your comic book covers and you could go about your life! Now, isn't that something worth helping others for?

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By katanalauncher

DERP HERP!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#20  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided
Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Fantasgasmic

@katanalauncher: I believe it's pronounced, "Herp Derp!"

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Saren

@KainScion said:

No Caption Provided
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By charlieboy

this series has been really awesome so far. i am excited for the future of the huntress. i really liked helena wayne so i am stoked.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Mercy_

@feebadger said:

@KainScion said:

It sounds like a very aggressive and harsh world view to me. Your argument about 'psychos' is flawed and overly simplistic. Psychotic behaviour is dictated by psychological make up; heroism is determined by simple action. If the ad ran on the cover of the latest edition of American Psycho, then it would not make much sense. When it runs on the cover of a comic book, a form primarily dedicated to heroism, then it makes sense to me. I have worked actively throughout my life to help those less fortunate than myself and have physically and financially tried to help in whatever small ways i can. You seem to have adopted the attitude of "too hard, don't try" in helping those less fortunate. This is a convenient excuse usually made by those who actually can't be bothered or have no empathy or compassion for others, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you actually believe that the problem can't be fixed.

All i have to ask though is this; why do you think that the problem has to be 'fixed'? I don't give money to charities or help the homeless or any mass group in need because i think it will make the problem go away. I do it to help the individual stuck in that situation. Can you imagine the worth of saving even one life? A dozen? Hundreds? That's why you help, not to save all of Africa, or all victims of whichever crisis you care to name, but to save that one mother or that one child or that one father. If we each took on the responsibility of a small piece of our income going to that one person over there in need, then we WOULD solve the whole problem. But that will never happen as long as people like yourself say that the problem is too big and that it can't be solved. It doesnbt have to be that way.

You can read your comics without giving a damn much easier if you helped these charities. Then the ads asking for help would disappear from your comic book covers and you could go about your life! Now, isn't that something worth helping others for?

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By jrock85

Pretty good series so far.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By feebadger

@The Dark Huntress: BWAHAHAHAHAH! THAT is one of the best gifs i've ever seen! Hehee. (Bows courteously, blows kisses to the audience and sweeps off the stage in a dramatic fashion).

@CitizenBane: Beautifully summed up.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hell at this point with how confusing it is, maybe Levitz's assertion that its an amalgamation of Wayne and Bertinelli is the best explanation and the best idea for what is to come. As for the upper banner to the issue...well this just makes me break out into song....

JimmyAlbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JimmyAlbo

@feebadger

Great words :-)

I think it´s important to want help. I don´t have something what i could give to charity but when i see somebody needs help than i help. For me is the goodwill that counts.

I hope that all of you understand what i meane, because my english isn´t my main language, because i´m a german dude ;-)

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eyz

Aghh....No!

the new DC Comics logo!! Dun dun duuuun~

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By feebadger

@JimmyAlbo said:

@feebadger

I think it´s important to want help. I don´t have something what i could give to charity but when i see somebody needs help than i help. For me is the goodwill that counts.

I hope that all of you understand what i meane, because my english isn´t my main language, because i´m a german dude ;-)

Understand exactly what you mean JimmyAlbo and beautifully put as well.

Oh, and welcome to Comic Vine Mr Albo! A pleasure to have you aboard good sir!

JimmyAlbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JimmyAlbo

@feebadger said:

@JimmyAlbo said:

@feebadger

Understand exactly what you mean JimmyAlbo and beautifully put as well.

Oh, and welcome to Comic Vine Mr Albo! A pleasure to have you aboard good sir!