Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

The final issue of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN is around the corner and it seems Marvel is pulling out all the stops to mark the end of a 50-year long era for the character. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700 will certainly change things, so what better way to mark the end of an era than by featuring variant covers to the issue?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700

Written by DAN SLOTT

Art by HUMBERTO RAMOS

Cover by MR. GARCIN

Variant Covers by JOE QUESADA

FOC- 11/26/12 On-Sale – 12/26/12

Earlier today Marvel unveiled artist and Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada's variant cover to AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700. The cover features Peter Parker in full Spider-Man garb swinging into action across the New York City skyline -- the question is, will this be the last time? Is this the final time Parker will be Spider-Man? Issue #700 hits comic shops on December 26th, 2012 and will be the only Marvel book released that day. Will you be picking it up? How do you think Peter Parker's life will change in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700?

#1 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is he upside down but that is dynamic.

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Just pre-ordered the regular cover. Can't wait for this issue :D

#3 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35128 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP Peter

#5 Posted by polcatt (4 posts) - - Show Bio

cracking well constructed and structured cover!! Joe always does a good job on Spidey!! i cant see them killing him off in regular continuity being that Pete is dead in the ultimate universe!!.....well i hope not! :(

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

never liked quesada's art. that one more day issue with his interior was horrible.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

RIP Peter

It's still not confirmed he's dying you know. He could be replaced, injured, retire or could still be Spider-Man.

But damn that is some nice artwork.

#8 Posted by RalfvdH (651 posts) - - Show Bio

"will this be the last time? Is this the final time Parker will be Spider-Man?"

I put my foot down; NO! ....

Superior Spider-man can go suck it... There is only one Spider-man for me and that's Peter Parker... (except for Miles but that's Ultimate ... I can dig that ;) )

Are they giving away Spider powers at the local Supermarket or something??...

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35128 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

RIP Peter

It's still not confirmed he's dying you know. He could be replaced, injured, retire or could still be Spider-Man.

Prepare for the worst, hope foe the best

#10 Posted by spiderfreak55 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@RalfvdH: Agreed! There will only be one true Spider-man and that is Peter Parker.

#11 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (120 posts) - - Show Bio

'Vaguely reminiscent of a certain villain's pose....and Slott was worried about people posting spoilers when Marvel does it for him...that is unless my memory is playing tricks on me and that is not the villains actual pose, but I am half asleep and prone to make mistakes=)

#12 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Spyder: I'm confused. What villain are you talking about?

#13 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClintsEvilTwin said:

If memory serves, we have a certain Spidey villain that was drawn in the exact same pose. I don't want to spoil it if you have not read the 698 spoilers.

#14 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

'Vaguely reminiscent of a certain villain's pose....and Slott was worried about people posting spoilers when Marvel does it for him...that is unless my memory is playing tricks on me and that is not the villains actual pose, but I am half asleep and prone to make mistakes=)

@ClintsEvilTwin said:

Yeah, which villain?

#15 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga said:

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

@ClintsEvilTwin said:

Yeah, which villain?

Alright, just realize this might spoil something...

Doc Ock I believe was once drawn in this same pose. Again, my old brain may be failing me=)

#16 Posted by RalfvdH (651 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone spoiled #698 for me on tumblr... accidentally... But what I saw kinda start to intrigue me.... But if that's true... It will never stick... But its intriguing.... mmmm... Maybe I have to adjust my opinion on superior Spider-man... Time will see...if its true

#17 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Decent nothing special though

#18 Posted by hyenascar (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch whispered no more Parker.

#19 Posted by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

Quesada should really stick to drawing....

#20 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Aarrgghhh people keep saying stuff about 698. I wanna read it!

#21 Posted by redrum4222 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

love spidey but i gotta feeling their going to do something idoitic in this issue & will let readers down.

#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8069 posts) - - Show Bio

average cover

#23 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

RIP Peter

Marvel does this every 7 or 8 years where they try to replace Peter then bring him back in the 3rd issue of the new series. They did it with Ben, then Mattie, and the Ultimate kid whose name escapes me (although that seems to actually be sticking). You'd think they'd learn or that going back to the poisoned fountain over and over would teach them, but no such luck.

#24 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, as long as its only the cover Joe has an input in, I'm cool with it.

#25 Posted by BigRed125 (30 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I am going to get this variant. There are too many other ones coming out

#27 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet that whoever buys Spider-Man #700 and put it on CGC will probably be worth over $1,000! Believe that!

#28 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1455 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ffAWB0t300&list=UU20DNxT_UjT49mYOIocJAww&index=3&feature=plcp

#29 Posted by Ramier (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: fuck that sucks

#30 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, looks average. I prefer the other covers.

#31 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

If they did that Unmasking thing the booked seemed like a joke. They didn't pay it off or do anything with it. That was it. I don't know what the big surprise is and I don't really care. That' show sad this is. It has nothing to do with Slott, but much to do with the guy who drew that neat cover up there. I think he's using some electronic pad system now, his characters seem a little more stiff.

#32 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice cover :)

#33 Posted by Bobzenub (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to support Quesada in any way because of the business practices he instituted during his time as Marvel's editor-in-chief.

#34 Posted by benzino_x (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Brilliant composition.

#35 Posted by Michiel76 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I know what happens, in the next few avengers comics Dr. Strange fights Mephisto, which he of course wins and all spells ever done by Mephisto will be nullified including the one in which the marriage between MJ and Peter never happend.
On the last page of the avengers comic we see Peter crossing a busy street, he stops and we see him cry out: MJ!!!!!!! .......... just one second before he gets overrun by the big red fire truck speeding around the corner. Yes it sucks to be Peter Parker.

But seriously i'm thinking maybe Slott kills MJ, which they should have done if they wanted their marriage to end instead of this magic mumbojumbo. It would make fans.............unhappy to say the least. Which is why he might go into hiding after #700.

#36 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@iaconpoint said:

@Lvenger said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

RIP Peter

Marvel does this every 7 or 8 years where they try to replace Peter then bring him back in the 3rd issue of the new series. They did it with Ben, then Mattie, and the Ultimate kid whose name escapes me (although that seems to actually be sticking). You'd think they'd learn or that going back to the poisoned fountain over and over would teach them, but no such luck.

Miles Morales is the name you're looking for. And I'm not a fan of the Utimate universe really.

#37 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Miles Morales, right. Thanks mate!

#38 Posted by george9448 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Marvel will premiere a "new" Spiderman series starting with issue 1, then after a year or so, revert to the original numbering like they always do.