• 92 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

For those of you that can't wait to see some of your favorite Marvel characters go head to head in full battle during the AVENGERS VS. X-MEN event, Marvel brings you AVX: VS; a tie-in series that will focus solely on the battles. In the upcoming second issue of AVX: VS we'll see the leader of the Avengers - Captain America - take on Gambit, while Spidey does his best up against Colossus. Based on the five-page preview below, things look like they are about to get pretty interesting. The second issue of the event tie-in will be written by Kieron Gillen and Steve McNiven, and feature art from Steve McNiven and Salvador Larroca. What do you think? AVX: VS #2 goes on sale May 16.

Marvel is proud to present your first look at, AVX: VS #2, the explosive, no holds barred, action packed tie-in to the smash-hit blockbuster event of the year – Avengers VS. X-Men! From acclaimed creators, Kieron Gillen, Salvador Larroca & Steve McNiven; catch the cover to cover battles - featuring unimaginable chaos as Spider-Man takes on Colossus & Captain America faces off against the ragin’ Cajun, Gambit! Don’t miss out on all the pulse-pounding action in AVX: VS #2, available in comic shops worldwide and on the Marvel Comics app this May!

Which team will reign supreme? Join the conversation on Twitter with #AvX!
For more on Avengers VS X-Men, please visit http://avx.marvel.com

AVX: VS #2 (MAR120528)
Written by KIERON GILLEN & STEVE MCNIVEN
Art by STEVE MCNIVEN & SALVADOR LARROCA
Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
Variant Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
Rated T+…$3.99
FOC –4/23/2012, ON SALE – 5/16/2012
#1 Posted by deadpool25mm (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, First. :)

#2 Posted by Teerack (6222 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man always beats juggernaut. I'm gonna be really upset if colossus takes spidey out of the fight really earlier. 

Online
#3 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

But...isn't Gambit with Wolverine at the school?

Kinda hope all of these inconsistencies get explained, even if it is a simple "I had to come help out mah fwends" type thing...so long as it at least looks like they are taking continuity into account. It is only one issue in, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

#4 Posted by the creator (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

The artwork is crap. Look at the size of Colossus in the first image compared to Spidey and then look at the last image comparison. Did Colossus shrink..........

#5 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

The left arm of colossus on the last pic is really strange...

And like the creator said there is a problem of size.

#6 Posted by Renchamp (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that Spidey gets the newest Juggernaut.

Moderator
#7 Posted by JMLG (135 posts) - - Show Bio

when will we get explained why mutants, who joined Wolverine to rebuild school (like Gambit) now is on Cyclops side?!

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@the creator said:

The artwork is crap. Look at the size of Colossus in the first image compared to Spidey and then look at the last image comparison. Did Colossus shrink..........

If you compare his arms... SMH.

Not to mention Colossus' face in the cover.

#9 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

Really digging the artwork.

#10 Posted by KEROGA (991 posts) - - Show Bio

AM SURE SPIDEY IS MAKING FUN OF HIM BEING BALD NOW,LOL

#11 Posted by Mediumflyer7 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that was juggernaut. I haven't been keeping up with the x men recently.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (19836 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Spider-Man fighting Colossonaut? That's not a fair match up and there appear to be no construction yards with wet cement to which Spidey can lure the Juggernaut too. Very uneven fight.

#13 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

This is what wrestling fans refer to as a "Squash". Colossus would kill Spider-Man. Captain America technically would get owned by Gambit since Gambit has more thief experience than Cap has soldier experience. Remember Gambit was born into thievery. Cap basically gotten to be a soldier as a guniea pig. Plus can't the shield be charged or Gambit should tag a piece of his armor & kill him like that. But Cap will when some sort of crazy soldier way.

#14 Posted by Dernman (15072 posts) - - Show Bio
@JMLG said:

when will we get explained why mutants, who joined Wolverine to rebuild school (like Gambit) now is on Cyclops side?!

People are going to be switching sides left and right. 
Circumstances & allegiances change quickly. 
Also not everyone on every team agree with their leaders.
#15 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

But...isn't Gambit with Wolverine at the school?

Kinda hope all of these inconsistencies get explained, even if it is a simple "I had to come help out mah fwends" type thing...so long as it at least looks like they are taking continuity into account. It is only one issue in, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

lol you must have never experienced an event before or when characters cross books. Thor is suppsoedly in space right now but in his own book he is on Earth and in Spider-Mans book he just got beaten by the Sinister Six.

Everyone is everywhere.

#16 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Colossus to say this at some point in this event:

#17 Posted by aerokinesis (529 posts) - - Show Bio

how can spidey hurt colossus?

#18 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

No way they're gonna let Spider-Man lose this fast in the event. Spider-Man is gonna win it somehow, probably by doing something really sneaky, or with a gadget

#19 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

#20 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh.... and here I was hoping this would be semi logical event. I guess having Gambit fight Cap = issue sold.

I'm surprise this whole event isn't Cap, Wolverine, Spidy fighting x-men/avengers round robin style. Heck throw in Deadpool in the mix while ur at it, that should help sales

LOL with all that said I'm so picking this up .... DAMN U MARVEL!!!

#21 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: What are you talking about? Spider-man has never beaten the original juggernaut. Every time I seen them fight ends in ether Spider-man nearly killed , or the juggernaut walking away with Spider-man unable to do anything about it

@the creator: Colossus does actually change size when using his juggernaut powers or not , though that may be just drawing error.

#22 Posted by mattitude22 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

cap is the man gambit is going out and spidey will find a way to win too

#23 Posted by _Quickster_ (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so torn! I like Cap and Gambit (though I lean more toward Gambit), and I like Peter and Peter(Can't choose me on that one). I wish they wouldn't fight.

#24 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Spider-man always beats juggernaut. I'm gonna be really upset if colossus takes spidey out of the fight really earlier.

how does Spiderman beat Juggernaut? Yea he could unsnap his helmet but that is not how colossus's helmet works.

Spidey's only way of winning is to talk Colossus out of being Juggernaut

#25 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what they do when all the Marvel writers meet over summer to plan the next event.

"I have an idea; lets get super heroes to fight." - Fraction

"Better yet, lets have an entire series of just fighting with no story." - Quesada

#26 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Gambit, but Captain America ALWAYS WINS!!

oooh, Spider-Man against the latest Juggernaut. How original. ugh.

#27 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2244 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man versus Juggernaut, Peter fought and fought and barely survived, never gave up.

Maybe this time, with Juggernaut being Colossus, he will appeal to his good side.

And Cap v. Gambit is a one sided fight.

#28 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5861 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Quickster_ said:

I'm so torn! I like Cap and Gambit (though I lean more toward Gambit), and I like Peter and Peter(Can't choose me on that one). I wish they wouldn't fight.

Me either.
#29 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@the creator said:

The artwork is crap. Look at the size of Colossus in the first image compared to Spidey and then look at the last image comparison. Did Colossus shrink..........

Hah! Honestly, I didn't even spot that when glancing by the panels.

Gambit versus Captain America is a fight I've wanted to see for so long. We all know Captain America is going to win; there's just no way they'd have the A-lister fall to Remy. I just hope they give Remy proper credit and make him every bit as impressive as he was under Claremont and Fabian. Bust out that agility instead of getting a shield toss to the face, Gambit!

Staff
#30 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha spiderman has NO chance...but for the sake of fans and one of marvels fan favorites..you know spidey is going to win.

i believe he has also beaten juggernaut in the past....which is ridiculous, but hey..comics are supposed to be entertaining and ridiculous...so who can complain lol

#31 Edited by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529: Yes, he made Juggernaut stumble into a pool of wet cement. Aside from that, there was literally nothing Spidey could do to stop the Juggernaut.

Staff
#32 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@the creator: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

It feels almost wrong that the covers are being totally accurate to the content of the actual comic.

#34 Posted by frozenedge (1230 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Colossonaut just do a Hulk Clap?

#35 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge: heh, it's a thunderclap. A lot of heavy hitters use the move.

Staff
#36 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Gambit versus Captain America is a fight I've wanted to see for so long. We all know Captain America is going to win; there's just no way they'd have the A-lister fall to Remy. I just hope they give Remy proper credit and make him every bit as impressive as he was under Claremont and Fabian. Bust out that agility instead of getting a shield toss to the face, Gambit!

Not really, we just know he isn't going to lose.

#37 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

But...isn't Gambit with Wolverine at the school?

Kinda hope all of these inconsistencies get explained, even if it is a simple "I had to come help out mah fwends" type thing...so long as it at least looks like they are taking continuity into account. It is only one issue in, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

lol you must have never experienced an event before or when characters cross books. Thor is suppsoedly in space right now but in his own book he is on Earth and in Spider-Mans book he just got beaten by the Sinister Six.

Everyone is everywhere.

Those are general locations, which of course I understand. I'm saying Gambit having chosen Wolverine's side/the school's side during the Schism would probably have meant he would be on the Avengers' side during AvX, seeing as Logan seems to be edging in that direction too.

But again, it is only one issue in and so I understand the story hasn't even played out yet. I also understand while on Wolverine's side, those mutants (Gambit, Rogue, Beast, Iceman, Shadowcat, and so on) are not necessarily anti-X-Men all of a sudden. It was simply an observation, that would be nice if they were acknowledges, but I am quite certain it's totally irrelevant anyway. I won't be all torn up about it either way.

#38 Posted by Sirapt (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo that's just crazy talk woooooow

#39 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Gambit versus Captain America is a fight I've wanted to see for so long. We all know Captain America is going to win; there's just no way they'd have the A-lister fall to Remy. I just hope they give Remy proper credit and make him every bit as impressive as he was under Claremont and Fabian. Bust out that agility instead of getting a shield toss to the face, Gambit!

Not really, we just know he isn't going to lose.

What ReVamp does to all of my posts:

Staff
#40 Posted by bladewolf (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, but when is issue #1 coming out?

#41 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I be a total fan girl and say that Gambit will win because he's getting his own solo book in August and that this would be a great way to bring him back into the spotlight and....um....

-_-

...**sigh**..can't do it. The Cajun's goin' down.

#42 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cap vs Remy fight I was interested in seeing but we all know the Spider vs Juggs fight is gonna end in some stupid way, I will be honest part of me wants Blue Marvel to step in to save Spidey, he's always floating round in space some where just chilling, a fight between those two makes more sense. It's funny how outside of Thor most of the Avengers should get wiped off the map when you look at the fights on paper(guess Scott is a better military leader then Steve lol)

#43 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Piotr should just embrace the colors of the Juggernaut (orange-red) or not don the mantle at all.
  • What happened to Red Hulk vs Juggernaut?
  • Why is Gambit here? I thought he was the physical education teacher at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.
  • Why is Gambit fighting Cap? That's as random as you can get.
  • Why are there so many questions to a Michael Bay-esque comic book event?
#44 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Cap vs Gambit. Never thought of that one til those covers came out.

#45 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@JMLG: It seems pretty obvious they all were x men thats there FREINDS getting attacked by another team they cant take that lieing down

#46 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

This is silly.

#47 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggie or Colossonaut is gonna break Spidey. =P

#48 Edited by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

From the look of later solicitations the X men actually win this fight.. cause

you have x men in later comics chasing down the avengers thru wakanda the x men also raid the avengers academy

the avengers will probably win eventually but the x men are gonna give them a serious fight

#49 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8096 posts) - - Show Bio

The face Collosus made in his poster can only be possible if he was stuck in a wind tunnel of sorts ;D

#50 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey Should lose. Captain America should lose.. but I bet some heavy PIS will make Spidey win, and some moderately sized PIS will have Cap win.