• 77 results
Posted by G-Man (36715 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in July, Marvel announced the return of Nightcrawler in the upcoming AMAZING X-MEN #1. If you've been reading WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN, more specifically, issue #35, you caught a glimpse of the fuzzy elf.

Marvel has just released a first look at the new AMAZING X-MEN series.

What would you do to save a fallen friend? This November, in the wake of Battle of the Atom, Wolverine must assemble the X-Men’s finest to attempt a daring rescue in Amazing X-Men #1, a swashbuckling new series from red hot writer Jason Aaron and blockbuster artist Ed McGuinness!

The X-Men are through mourning the loss of Nightcrawler, the “heart and soul” of their family – it’s time to act! Wolverine must lead Storm, Beast, Ice Man and more on an epic journey to recover one of their greatest allies – in a story that’s been building since Wolverine and the X-Men #1!

AMAZING X-MEN #1 (SEP130740)

Written by JASON AARON

Art & Wraparound Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

FOC – 11/06/13 On-Sale 10/14/13

#1 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Tempting...theres too many good books from marvel at the moment. Need some more DC ones.

#2 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!

#3 Posted by CalebTheSpy (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I see November, but not an actual date. And can't seem to find one. Anyone know the release date? I did try I swear. :)

#4 Edited by Ares94 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

... They can't have made Azazel an awesome character, and they made him a pirate .... And why put this costume on Nightcrawler ? He had the Astonishing X-Men one , Why put an old costume ? (head-scratching) ... will wait and see the review for this ...

#5 Posted by judasnixon (6648 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give Jason Aaron a turkey sandwich if he brings back Cerise........

#6 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for Kurt's return :)

I've been reading up on Wolverine and the X-Men because they said it's building off of stories from that series. And the more I read X-Men book without Kurt, the more I wish he was back. I can't wait for him to come back and be like "Wait you mean to tell me that Scott has gone rogue, Wolverine is running the school, and that the original X-Men are in the present???" xD

@calebthespy: It says "on-sale 10/14/2013" in the article, right before the preview. But that doesn't make sense or work.

#7 Posted by fACEmelter88 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Nightcrawler want to leave heaven? Isn't he a priest? It's like why does the Pope ride around in his bullet proof pope-mobile, doesn't he want to be with god? Think about that.

ps

love how extra cute the Bamfs look and the red anti-Bamfs(?) look.

#8 Edited by Nahuel (391 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey... What story arc should I read before picking up this book? I didn't even knew Kurt was dead and I'm currently reading the relaunched x-books, so any help would be appreciated!

#9 Edited by Kerrigan (240 posts) - - Show Bio

@nahuel said:

Hey... What story arc should I read before picking up this book? I didn't even knew Kurt was dead and I'm currently reading the relaunched x-books, so any help would be appreciated!

The Second Coming arc from 2010 is the big one, and also Wolverine Goes to Hell which started later that same year. Haven't been reading Wolverine & the X-Men, so I don't know if there's anything important there.

#10 Posted by SuperiorScarletSpider (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Kurt is back.

#11 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@kerrigan said:

@nahuel said:

The Second Coming arc from 2010 is the big one, and also Wolverine Goes to Hell which started later that same year. Haven't been reading Wolverine & the X-Men, so I don't know if there's anything important there.

I've read the first few volumes of Wolvie and the X-Men in trade form and there isn't anything besides the bamfs being around a lot. At least not yet.

But yes, I'd say read Second Coming, Wolverine Goes to Hell, and if you can...read Wolverine and the X-Men. I suggest getting the trades (especially if you can just get them from the library...that's easiest).

#12 Posted by Z3RO180 (6618 posts) - - Show Bio

This might actually get me to buy an xmen book.

#13 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (424 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to kurt again?

#14 Posted by dondave (38481 posts) - - Show Bio

@nahuel: He last appeared in Wolverine and the X-Men issue 35

#15 Edited by dondave (38481 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Nahuel (391 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcazt1996: @kerrigan: thanks dudes! I'm gonna look for those arcs and I'm gonna think about reading WATXM.

Thanks again!

#17 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn another X title.

Well nightcrawler is one of my fave characters, but really hate that he is returning. Cheapens his death and makes his sacrifice meaningless. Prob won't pick this up, I'm X'd out still at the moment anyways.

#18 Posted by space4rentt (66 posts) - - Show Bio

with those goggles, almost though beast was a blue hellboy for a second...

#19 Posted by ectoborge (208 posts) - - Show Bio

ART!

#20 Posted by xanthiss (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Nightcrawler want to leave heaven? Isn't he a priest? It's like why does the Pope ride around in his bullet proof pope-mobile, doesn't he want to be with god? Think about that.

ps

love how extra cute the Bamfs look and the red anti-Bamfs(?) look.

I am sure the Pope wants to be with God...eventually...and probably does not want to be riddled with bullets when he gets there.

#21 Posted by MisterNefarious (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg: I personally really like The Flash and Wonder Woman.

#22 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3911 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks pretty. I'm quite tempted to buy this because of this and I'm a fan of Nightcrawler

#23 Edited by startingtofall (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@clintseviltwin: agreed. Hopefully they can tie something's together and cut out uncanny eventually. Either that, or at least change the art.

#24 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally :')

#26 Posted by Admiral_IronBeast (152 posts) - - Show Bio

with those goggles, almost though beast was a blue hellboy for a second...

your not the only one

#27 Edited by copete (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

I am perplexed as to why Kurt is wearing his outdated costume from the 70's. But, he is my favorite X-Man so I am sold.

#28 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

looks neat

#29 Posted by frozenedge (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's hoping that with the return of the heart & soul of the X-Men, this stupid Schism ends and the X-Men become whole again. Probably won't happen but I'll hold out hope. This art looks great by the way

#30 Edited by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS IS COMPLETELY RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS

#31 Posted by BumBurger (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Goddamit im crying tears of joy right now T_T i missed nightcrawler terribly the one in uncanny x-force was just a shell of him it didn't give me my fix

#32 Posted by Caladorcp (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@copete: he had that costume waaay after the 70's...he might have had it in the 70's as well, but I remember him having that suit in the 90's. He's actually been in that suit a lot of times. Its iconic. When I think Nightcrawler, this is the suit I think of.

#33 Edited by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

about damn time marvel!

#34 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (178 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Ando123 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#36 Edited by NICKXH (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Pleased to see McGuinness has toned down his style.

#37 Posted by Syndikate333 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men + Ed Mcguinness = Must Buy.

#38 Posted by R3DF13LD (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah!!! Nightcrawler is my favorite X! Its about time to bring the blue elf back!!!! XD

#39 Posted by greenlucario (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Dare I hope for a Nightcrawler oriented series? Even the possibility of a heavily Nightcrawler oriented series has me intrigued, waited too long for this, will pick this up.

#40 Posted by bigsoto74 (216 posts) - - Show Bio

That drawing of Azazel would make an awesome tattoo!!!

#41 Posted by BattheMan008 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. However, I hope the way they bring him back isn't TOO far fetched.

#42 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really tempted to pick this up, especially seeing as how Nightcrawler's my favourite X-Man... Does anyone know what the general premise/tone/feel/concept of the series will be after this initial arc?

#43 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that cloak.

#44 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay Kurt!

#45 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12014 posts) - - Show Bio

BUYING.

#46 Posted by MannEffest (1293 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Yes. Yes!

#47 Posted by MaccyD (4505 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks fantastic.

#49 Edited by vPuik (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I was sad to see the Mcguinness leave Nova, but looks like he jumped onto another cool book. I need to get this!

#50 Posted by Xwraith (19328 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Kurt, but I don't love Aaron's X-Men.