• 68 results
#51 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. Mostly because the art so far is just amazing.

Am I the only hoping that either Teen Cyke or Jean switches side like most are expecting? I would be a huge kick in the nuts to old Beast, and probably one in the ovaries for Kitty too.

#52 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude this art is beautiful! I haven't read an X-Men comic since the 90's but I'd buy this series just for the art alone.

#53 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

Dude this art is beautiful! I haven't read an X-Men comic since the 90's but I'd buy this series just for the art alone.

Please don't. It's like supporting Mussolini because he made the trains run on time.

Wait, Bendis is worse than Mussolini.

#54 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

Please don't. It's like supporting Mussolini because he made the trains run on time.

This seems like an exaggeration.

#55 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

Eh, depends on which you consider more important I guess. Human life or human history and culture. I believe the latter, though that's obviously the less popular option.

#56 Posted by charlieboy (7167 posts) - - Show Bio

Great book so far. Really interested in Scott and Jean meeting Rachel and Cable.

#57 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

Eh, depends on which you consider more important I guess. Human life or human history and culture. I believe the latter, though that's obviously the less popular option.

You realize that sounds completely insane? I have no personal feelings towards Bendis' writing, but I don't think it's rational to compare a comic book writer that you dislike's changes to a comic book universe to a fascist dictator who is responsible for countless deaths. Sounds like you're being a little dramatic.

#58 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

You realize that sounds completely insane? I have no personal feelings towards Bendis' writing, but I don't think it's rational to compare a comic book writer that you dislike's changes to a comic book universe to a fascist dictator who is responsible for countless deaths. Sounds like you're being a little dramatic.

Nah, not insane. Just outside the norm.

It's like if you had the choice of keeping Shakespeare's works, or letting 10 million random people die. I'd hope you'd let the 10 million randoms die. They're only people. There's lots of them. Literature, on the other hand, such as can be found containing the characters Bendis casually desecrates, is immortal and irreplaceable.

#59 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

It's like if you had the choice of keeping Shakespeare's works, or letting 10 million random people die. I'd hope you'd let the 10 million randoms die. They're only people. There's lots of them. Literature, on the other hand, such as can be found containing the characters Bendis casually desecrates, is immortal and irreplaceable.

No that doesn't sound insane at all.

#60 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Mbecks14 said:

No that doesn't sound insane at all.

Glad you agree.

Now I'm off to pray to a rabbit-god named Parunaocon, and eat a secret apple known only to me.

#61 Posted by VioletPhoenix (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@save.me.now: I'd say check her wikipedia page and see the citation references for missing issues or the CV mystique page might fill you in

#62 Posted by chieflewal (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are some seriously good panels.

#63 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn glad I picked this up.

#64 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3669 posts) - - Show Bio

what the hell!!!! i thought the o5 teens were suppose to get new uniforms.......can anyone answer me plz?????

#65 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Immonen is on another planet with his art. Damn. Just that makes this book worth the buy

I will say, however, that this book is going a little too slow for me. At the same time, if it were going any faster, we wouldn't get a chance to savor all the interactions. Probably just a me thing.

#66 Posted by HyeDaa (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Jean so strong all of a sudden? In her original timeline carrying heavy objects strains her too much. Oh well, love this series anyway.

#67 Posted by HyeDaa (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sleepbutnodream15: I agree, its pace is pretty slowww.

#68 Posted by GREGalicious (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@HyeDaa: I always assumed the flood of memories from her future had a hand in breaking the Professors mental blocks. Being dead and all, he wouldnt be able to repair the blocks as he did in the past.