First Look: ALL-NEW X-MEN #22.NOW - The Trial of Jean Grey

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

If you've ever read the Dark Phoenix Saga, you have an idea why there are alien races that aren't too crazy about Jean Grey. She's about to go on trial and this sets the stage for a crossover with GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

No Caption Provided

This January, the sins of the past haunt the All-New X-Men in the senses-shattering first chapter of The Trial of Jean Grey crossover, and today Marvel is pleased to present your first look at ALL-NEW X-MEN 22.NOW – from the award-winning creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Stuart Immonen!

The arrival of the time-displaced original X-Men sent shockwaves through Earth’s superhuman community – but that was only the beginning. The entire universe has been alerted to their presence. And they’re not happy to see Jean Grey – former vessel of the formidable and destructive entity known as the Phoenix!

“If you’ve been asleep for the last year and have missed ALL-NEW X-MEN, get on board here!” says Senior Editor Nick Lowe. “Brian & Stuart are crafting the biggest story for the ALL-NEW X-MEN yet!”

Jean Grey must pay for her crimes – and galactic forces from across the stars are out to extinguish the threat of the Dark Phoenix before Jean Grey even meets the Phoenix force! The All-New X-Men must fight to save one of their own alongside the most unlikely allies – THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

Should she be stopped before it happens again? Lines will be drawn and sides chosen as the epic Trial of Jean Grey crossover begins in ALL-NEW X-MEN 22.NOW this January and continues in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 11.NOW one week later!

Every FIRST ISSUE bearing the All NewMarvel NOW! branding includes a code for a free digital copy of that same comic on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices. But that’s not all! Select .NOW! titles, including ALL-NEW X-MEN 22.NOW includes a digital code for the entire first collection of that series ABSOLUTELY FREE!

ALL-NEW X-MEN 22.NOW (NOV130557)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art & Cover by STUART IMMONEN

Variant Cover by DALE KEOWN

Animal Variant by CHRIS SAMNEE

X-Men 50th Anniversary Poster Variant Also Available!

FOC – 12/22/13 ON-SALE 1/22/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jkma68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How great is this book! Consistently, month after month, just a really phenomenal read. And "Dear Santa" I would really like some Immonen original art for Christmas! I love the new outfits! I was a little weary of this cross-over because I haven't been reading GotG, but right now, All-New X-men can do no wrong!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art looks great

Avatar image for escapingreality
EscapingReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Poor Angel, can't even eat his burger.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am looking forward to this. all new x-men, uncanny x-men, and superior are only things i get excited for on marvel side anymore. Nothing else holds my interest.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Chaos Burn

ffs more GotG.....

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can anyone tell me a jumping on point for this?

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By angelalfonso

i don't like the idea of X-23 on Cyclops's team, I just don't buy it.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PeppeyHare

@kazekaine1: This is supposed to be the jumping on point

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question. If I'm trying to catch up do I need to read Battle of the Atom or can I just skip it?

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

@jkma68 said:

How great is this book! Consistently, month after month, just a really phenomenal read. And "Dear Santa" I would really like some Immonen original art for Christmas! I love the new outfits! I was a little weary of this cross-over because I haven't been reading GotG, but right now, All-New X-men can do no wrong!

This is like the most up-beat comment I've read about comics. (Whether I agree with you or not, I love the possitive in the comment.) You sir are awesome!

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's have some more time travelling craziness. God forbid we have a story that doesn't have as its core time travel or its consequences.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mutant God

Jean, the O5, Kitty, Beast, and Logan should be in trouble for this whole time travel thing

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shame it will feature GoG, such a lack luster book when compared to the previous series,

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By XsPectre28

i don't like the idea of X-23 on Cyclops's team, I just don't buy it.

Supposedly between Avengers Academy & her return to X-men X-23 lost her memories.... for all we know this may end with her returning to the past with the O5 or just a revamp of her character personality wise.... we already have seen the spoiler pics of X-23 & young cyclops kissing

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By angelalfonso

@xspectre28:

That was only a cover for this month issue… or not?

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Great art. Immonen is fantastic.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else want a wolverine character (clone daughter/or is it half sister, dead son, future son) to have this rare mutant ability to not lose there F ing memory? Laura's healing factor is better then logan's for pete's sake.

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else want a wolverine character (clone daughter/or is it half sister, dead son, future son) to have this rare mutant ability to not lose there F ing memory? Laura's healing factor is better then logan's for pete's sake.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightburst: from what i read in the latest ANXM she's seems like she remembered what happened to her with Avengers Academy ordeal. Laura was telling young Slim that she didnt want to talk about it.

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Park

Beast is having a really hard time wrapping his head around the fact that he turns blue and furry.

Kelevra216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yay! Immonen back on interiors!

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Noteworthington

lol!

No Caption Provided

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By COBRAMORPH

So, 20 years later & they are STILL telling stories about Jean being Dark Phoenix. Man, it must suck to be the current writers at Marvel & DC, knowing you are totally undeserving of their jobs, devoid of any creativity, having to hash & rehash & re-rehash, & then reboot the stories written by legends.

However, chalk boards. Telling the future. Or A future. Wait until DC copies this. O wait.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By dreamfall31

Just read the Guardians first trade and loved the hell out of it. Was a bit dissapointed to hear the next three issues or so will be a part of this event, but from this preview I'd say I'll probably end up picking up X-Men and Guardians for the next few months! Never read an event, but my love for GotG will make me end up doing so!

aaunderoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By aaunderoath

This book is so funny I keep wanting to drop it to save money but I just can't its .. its so good

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for this....On the other hand I really don't feel like reading Guardians and having to pick up that series for a random crossover.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Kitty looks out place. Why doesn't she get a fancy-schmancy new suit? It's about time she gets a unique look, not some variant of the classic blue/black & yellow training outfits.

Also, why is Laura on this team? She should have took Kitty's place on Storm and Jubilee's team. Now that would have rocked.