• 62 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The X-Men have been through quite a bit with Battle of the Atom. There've been some changes. While there will be an issue before this one, it's not looking like the X-Men will be getting too much time to rest and recuperate. Clashing with the Purifiers can't go well. Check out this first look (and new costumes!).

No Caption Provided

Marvel is pleased to present your very first look at All-New X-Men #19, from the blockbuster creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Brandon Peterson! The fallout from the events of the critically acclaimed Battle of the Atom crossover have shaken the X-Men to their very core – but there’s no time to rest now! The mutant-hunting Purifiers are back, out to exterminate a mysterious mutant girl! Who is this mystery mutant, and what is her connection to the All-New X-Men? The answer may surprise you! Don’t miss the start of an all-new era for the All-New X-Men this November in All-New X-Men #19!

ALL-NEW X-MEN #19 (SEP130752)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art & Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Variant Also Available

FOC 11/04/13, ON-SALE 11/27/13

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Magik and Kitty are now with the 05? Wow, this book continue to be turrible.

And these outfit, lol...

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

mmmm yes

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@cheesesticks: Why is Kitty and Magik together bad? I think it's a great thing. Something that's incredibly been overlooked for way too long. That and the fact that Kitty has ninja fighting skills.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik's left Cyclops' team then...

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mickeymayhew: No Kitty and the O5 left Wolverine's side in the last issue of BOTA

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Eh... seems to suffer from a severe case of 90'ties fashion with all those hoodies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickeymayhew: No Kitty and the original X-Men left the Jean Grey School. Speaking of Kitty am I the only person who thinks she's overdue for an updated look?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Not a fan of the art, but I do love the new uniforms that the Original Five are wearing, especially Cyclops and Jean's.

Mapuia_Ralte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty's decision and take on the whole situation during Battle of the Atom was pretty stupid. Oh and those costumes are terrible.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between X-23 joining the team and the GotG crossover it seems like this book might actually do something, which has me interested enough to keep buying. I had a big problem with the first dozen issues because the O5 didn't really do much other than react to the present day. I get that that's an important part of any time travel story but it felt like the book meandered around and didn't really have a solid direction to go in. Now it seems like it does, although I am disappointed that Immonen is off of colouring until #22.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SlickyMike88

I'm sticking with Brian Wood X-men and Uncanny x force , I'm a bigger fan of those characters . I have all 3 volumes of All new x men, it was good , but I'm not just feeling it , so i'm dropping that tittle.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

don't care for the new costumes....too generic....nothing "X-men" about them other then the small tiny little X-men belt buckles

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

That shade of green is so ugly, I hate it when Jean wears green. I also hate it when colorists give her a color of hair that is just so severe. No one has red hair like that.

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why hello there Caitlin Fairchild, I mean Jean Grey. Also, for some reason Cyke and Beast's outfits remind me of Mimic.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I don't like the costumes...but I do like the team itself.

But I kinda want the O5 to return back to their own time

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i kinda like the costumes, at least it isnt Black

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis: no one really has wings, or is made out of ice either.

Gaza_Stripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I think the Purifier are going after the wrong school....... Someone give these guys a rocket launcher and a map to Wolverine's School. If we're lucky Eye-Boy and Shark-Girl might be sitting in a bus.......

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Still not buying Kitty's reason for leaving the school. Feels like Bendis just wanted to write Kitty

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@cheesesticks: Why is Kitty and Magik together bad? I think it's a great thing. Something that's incredibly been overlooked for way too long. That and the fact that Kitty has ninja fighting skills.

Magik is better with Scott. Kitty should be alone with the 05.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't like the 05 in the present

lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By lb70145

@hexthis said:

That shade of green is so ugly, I hate it when Jean wears green. I also hate it when colorists give her a color of hair that is just so severe. No one has red hair like that.

You do know you are criticizing hair color in a book where one of the characters can shoot lasers right? But regardless of that, I have known several people with some vibrantly red hair without the aide of coloring.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickeymayhew: No Kitty and the original X-Men left the Jean Grey School. Speaking of Kitty am I the only person who thinks she's overdue for an updated look?

I would be ok with her getting an updated look, it would have made sense to with this change.

Why did she leave the school? She was the head master and what about her and Bobby then? Did she join Cyclops team then? What did Wolverine do to make Kitty leave?

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: READ BATTLE OF THE ATOM #2 which came out this past Wednesday. All your questions will be answered. (Although you'll likely have more questions afterword)

My issue with the ending of BOTA isn't that Kitty and the O5 left the school and stuff. Its that there has been this building story for months now. And Warren is the only person who actually LIKES Modern-Cyclops (from the O5) so how exactly is it that all of a sudden the rest of the team is just gonna be like "Yep that's fine we're just gonna follow Kitty over to this whackjob school" (and yes, that is how I feel about Cyclops and his team).

Also, I really loved Kitty/Bobby as a couple.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Mucklefluga

Dem goggles...

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thank god I don't get this series

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ewwww. Put them back in their original costumes. I WANT MY NOSTALGIA BACK!

Seriously though, BotA was awesome. I will be getting this.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new mutant is RAVEN from the Pre-52! She escaped the Flashpoint event and went to Marvel! :O

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eeerrggh!!! Brendon Peterson's art looks awful.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

You gon' complain but you gon' buy it, anyways.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with Kitty Pryde? Ugh.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HexThis

@jamdamage , @lb70145

Yes, I'm aware, I don't have comprehension issues. I was just criticizing the color of Jean's hair and her outfit in an aesthetic way. Also, if perspective or anatomy or proportions don't register well in illustrations, it's totally fair to call it out when you see it. If you go to art school, you'll see there is a method for distortions and spatial significance in illustration, the content of it and how realistic it is has nothing to do with that.

If they want to go for an unnatural color then why don't they have a maroon-ish color like in X3? That color palate worked even where the movie didn't. Or if they want it to be natural it should be like an Ann Margaret or Christina Hendricks shade. Not the most literal, fire-hydrant red you can possibly think of.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

No Immonen?? :(

Avatar image for thanosofatlanta
ThanosofAtlanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a detractor of this entire concept. I don't like it. I think that the stewards of the X-Men need to blow it up and start over. I don't like this whole time travel young X-men in the present thing. It was okay in the beginning but it fell flat when this crossover began. It is bogus to me. If you want Jean Grey back then just bring her back. So How is it that the 'Universe' is not allowing them to go back after all the ramifications they spelled out.

Obviously they go back or the timeline would have been screwed up or are they from an alternate reality? I am going to save money now. I am not giving into the every two month shipping schedule. I want to see a solid X-Men team with solid stories. Tired of all this fractured team concept as if the X-men have not been divided and split before. How many times have we seen the same themes over and over again? I am done with X-Men. Hey not all of us get complimentary copies every month.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tears of joy

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty and Illyana have been BFFs since day one, so I'm glad to see them on the same team.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

I am not enjoying the direction that All-New X-Men is going… *sigh*

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik's left Cyclops' team then...

I don't see why she would have to leave Cyclops' team instead of just being on both. If dirty little midget Wolverine can be on 8 teams then there shouldn't be an issue with Magik being on two teams.

Avatar image for misternefarious
MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait so I'm clear: the guys in the terrible costumes are the out of time old school x men?

I panicked because I was wondering what happened the Cykes badass black and red costume

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lcazt1996: I loved kitty/bobby too I'm sad to see it's over

Those outfits are horrendous! Warrens is the only nearly acceptable one out of the O5

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New outfit has jean looking a lot like the other red head summers girl.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't get this book, if they are in the future, shouldn't the future automatically change since there actions will change when they go back?

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like this O5 in the present stuff at all. It was a great idea for a beginning-middle-end storyline, but to make it an ongoing thing? Ugh. I'm not feeling it.

And Kitty's reasoning is almost as horrid as Cyclops'. I usually like to think of stuff like this from the perceptive of it being a trait of the fictional character and not a lack of ability by the writer, but in this case it's kinda tough.

A good writer makes opposing arguments equally viable, allowing the reader to be equally hard pressed when considering the right path - like Civil War or the opening decision in the House of M. With this BotA storyline the writing team fails. With Scott, Kitty and Rachel claiming these teenagers should decide what should happen is ridiculous - especially since their running a school. And Kitty getting upset that the other's didn't back her view is even worse - completely illogical. "You're quitting because they didn't agree with you?!"

It's all lame.

Logan and Alex are my two favorite mutants right now. Everyone else I seriously dislike or am complete indifferent towards. If I were writing an X-Men comic right now, there would be a lot of deaths is all I'm saying.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only question remaining is which Power Ranger is Bobby going to be? He's covered in ice so we don't know his color scheme, will he be the Yellow Ranger, the Black Ranger, or even the White Ranger.

Plot Twist: He's the Pink Ranger

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lcazt1996: I loved kitty/bobby too I'm sad to see it's over

Those outfits are horrendous! Warrens is the only nearly acceptable one out of the O5

And Bobby's! :D But...wait...there's no change. xD

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackarmor: that royally pissed me off she was being unreasonable as hell

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Since When did The Purifiers got rid of the hoodies ? Oh yeah, the new costumes of both the O5 X-men and Purifiers are complete trash but I am loving the fact that Kitty and the O5 X-men joined Cyclops' Side ! That look that Cyclops gave Wolverine at the end of BOTA was just full of win :))

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#50  Edited By Teerack

Man I love that the Voltron Force joined the x-men!