First Look: ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #1

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Many of us were saddened upon the news of X-FACTOR ending. Thankfully, like certain other series that have had a surprise ending, the book will be back in the All-New Marvel Now format. Also, it should be noted that Peter David is back as well. Joining him will be Carmine Di Giandomenico doing the art.

Here's a first look Marvel released giving us a glimpse at the new team and direction of the series.

No Caption Provided

Serval Industries, the world’s foremost leader in cutting-edge internet and weapons technology has just unveiled their newest contribution to society – it’s superhuman division, the All-New X-Factor! Led by Polaris, the mutant mistress of magnetism, fellow X-Factor members Quicksilver, Gambit, Danger, Cypher, and Warlock use their powers for the betterment of society.

Or are their corporate backers at Serval Industries using X-Factor for the betterment of themselves?

“So much of what happens in this country stems from corporate control and involvement,” explained Peter David, in an interview with Marvel.com “So why not expand that real world philosophy to the world of comics and have it be that a corporation is interested in expanding into super heroes? I mean, if super heroes really existed, that's probably what would happen.”

Can Serval Industries be trusted? Or are their intentions much more malevolent. The mystery begins this January in the explosive ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #1!

ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #1 (NOV130607)

Written by PETER DAVID

Art by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO

Cover by JARED FLETCHER

FOC – 12/09/13 On-Sale – 01/08/13

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Radread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

So, Gambit gets kicked out after everything that happened in his last series. Makes sense.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well, I'll be the first to say it so others don't have to… "Wolverine is in this issue.OF COURSE!"

I'm looking forward to this series, interesting start to it.

@radread said:

So, Gambit gets kicked out after everything that happened in his last series. Makes sense.

I didn't read Gambit's last series, can you fill me in on what he did?

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

I loved X-Factor and I love Peter David, so of course im gonna pick this up. I love the characters involved as well.

But the lack of Madrox makes me a sad panda :(

Wonder where Madrox will show up next...hopefully Marvel doesn't just let the man be happily married and raise his kid on a farm and never do anything again ever...that would just be too much of a perfect life for him and we cannot have that.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By LenSnart

This has a bit of a JLI vibe to it, and I wouldn't be too surprised if the head of 'serval industries' is a maxwell lord rip off

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CheeseSticks

Lol, so Gambit gets kicked out. Wolverine hire Fantomex in the relauch of WXM to replace him. Logan is such an hypocrite and a two-face. Hire an assassin-thieves to replace a thief. Good logic man.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Love Peter David and Gambit so I will most definitely be checking this out

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By Deadknight

Ah, so it was Warlock in that hoodie. Makes sense since Cypher was there already. Wonder if there'll be any interesting interactions between Danger and Warlock?

Also, what if for once the shady corporation wasn't an evil-corporation-pretending-to-be-good-and-look-how-surprised-everyone-is-when-it-turns-out-they-are? That would at least throw me more for a loop that this rather played out trope ever would.

Still looks like it could be an interesting series though if only for character potential.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Maddpanda531

I remember seeing a preview a while back with a very different art style...Huh.

Edit: Here it is http://wethenerdy.com/out-with-the-old-in-the-with-all-new-x-factor/

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

So I wonder what else Quicksilver will be up to in the next few years with his movies.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamred: Hopefully a lot more. I love Pietro and he never seems to stick around long enough anywhere to do much of anything.

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Quicksilver at a power level ? I left him at Son of M....

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

Already have this reserved at my local comic book store, also All New Invaders.

I hope it has a nice and long run.

lmothander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Danger compromised by that alien being from pre-AvX?

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Who all is in it? I only recognize Gambit. I'm not very well versed in the lesser known X-Men. Also apparently Polaris and Quiksilver but I don't know which ones they are.

Nevermind. Didn't read that paragraph. I thought it was the one from CBR which didn't go quite as in-depth (the preview wasn't in color either).

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who all is in it? I only recognize Gambit. I'm not very well versed in the lesser known X-Men. Also apparently Polaris and Quiksilver but I don't know which ones they are.

Nevermind. Didn't read that paragraph. I thought it was the one from CBR which didn't go quite as in-depth (the preview wasn't in color either).

Polaris, Gambit, Quicksilver, Danger, Cypher and Warlock.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lmothander: Pretty sure at the end of it all, he let her go and left Earth.

bubba78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I'm wrong but I swear I saw some websites in french where they called Wolverine,Serval. Too obvious a connection?

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone noticed that gambit is the only X-men that continually get's kicked out and then comes back? that guy's like a freaking tumor or cancer he just won't go away lol

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

Seems like a very techie team. Think with Gambit involved might have something to do with tech and espionage.

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

What happened to Gambit's black eyes?

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Cool .

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By greenlucario

@arturocalakayvee: The series focused mainly on Gambit falling back on his thieving ways. In typical Gambit fashion he got into a lot of trouble and ended up on a lot of people's radar, interpol, the Avengers, etc. If you like Gambit I recommend checking it out, it was a good read.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

for once i'd love a Gambit comic that didn't start with him doing the whole laser dodge robbery thing

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Interested

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow! polaris leading a team. about time!

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big fan of Gambit so I am really looking forward to reading this. I have also seen it around that Wolverine in Frsnce is called Serval, might be a big coincidence but it seems like too big of a coincidence.

Lykida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lykida

I love that Warlock and Cypher are back, although I'd prefer a New Mutants book with them.

What's with the cats on the suits?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to Gambit's black eyes?

My initial thoughts as well. That is a HUGE faux pas as that's one of the biggest identifiers of the character.

Also, Gambit's back to how he looked before, wardrobe-wise? I was hoping he would retain somewhat of the same look from his cancelled series.

@arturocalakayvee: The series focused mainly on Gambit falling back on his thieving ways. In typical Gambit fashion he got into a lot of trouble and ended up on a lot of people's radar, interpol, the Avengers, etc. If you like Gambit I recommend checking it out, it was a good read.

Agreed. I really enjoyed the series - it's too bad it got cancelled but despite that, still worth getting your hands on. Nice jumping point as well in understanding the character without needing to refer to older issues.

Lol, so Gambit gets kicked out. Wolverine hire Fantomex in the relauch of WXM to replace him. Logan is such an hypocrite and a two-face. Hire an assassin-thieves to replace a thief. Good logic man.

I don't think he's being kicked out. Probably a little bit of tough love from Wolverine by forcing Gambit to make a decision or perhaps offering him the position with this corporation, Serval. I guess we'll see.

I do like Polaris getting to lead the team.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykida said:

I love that Warlock and Cypher are back, although I'd prefer a New Mutants book with them.

What's with the cats on the suits?

I think it's to do with Serval's logo since they are going to be working as a team for the corporation.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kidchipotle

Agreed. I really enjoyed the series - it's too bad it got cancelled but despite that, still worth getting your hands on. Nice jumping point as well in understanding the character without needing to refer to older issues.

Interesting, I do enjoy Gambit but I didn't pick up his series due to budgeting. Perhaps I'll start saving up and get it in trade or something. Thanks guys!