gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

New Year’s Eve is about to get even more miraculous as four of the biggest names in comic book history bring you new Miracleman stories for a new generation. Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look at ALL-NEW MIRACLEMAN ANNUAL #1, uniting celebrated comic creators Grant Morrison, Joe Quesada, Peter Milligan and Mike Allred for one, star-studded issue that should not be missed!

First, a story over 20 years in the making – Grant Morrison’s long-lost Miracleman tale will finally see print for the first time! Famously unpublished, this much talked about Morrison script will finally be brought to life by legendary artist & Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada! A much talked about piece of Miracleman history, experience the foreboding tale of the one Kid Miracleman on the eve of the Battle of London!

Then, comic superstars and fan-favorite X-Statix creators Peter Milligan and Mike Allred take you back to the glory days for an all-new Miracleman classic! Miracleman, Kid Miracleman and Young Miracleman do battle against the awesome and terrifying might of Dr. Gargunza! Yet something is not right. A sense of unease. Something in MIracleman’s own mind! What is Project Zarathustra?

If that wasn’t enough to make ALL-NEW MIRACLEMAN ANNUAL #1 the can’t miss comic of the year, this issue also comes jam-packed with extras including Grant Morrison’s original script, sketches, original art and more!

Launching alongside S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 as one of only two Marvel comics on-sale New Year’s Eve, these two must read issues will help you close out 2014 with a bang! Be there when Morrison, Quesada, Millgan and Allred unite for the most star-studded comic you’ll read all year! Don’t miss ALL-NEW MIRACLEMAN ANNUAL #1 – hitting comic shops and digital devices on 12/31!

Debuting on New Year’s Eve, ALL-NEW MIRACLEMAN ANNUAL #1 stands as one of only two Marvel Comics hitting shelves on the final day of the calendar year. Launching alongside S.H.I.E.L.D. #1, Marvel Comics is ready to close out 2014 with a colossal bang! Be there when Grant Morrison, Joe Quesada, Peter Milligan and Mike Allred take the Miracleman mythos to new heights for the blockbuster ALL-NEW MIRACLEMAN ANNUAL #1– hitting comic shops and digital devices on 12/31!

ALL-NEW MIRACLEMAN ANNUAL #1 (OCT140868)

Written by GRANT MORRISON & PETER MILLIGAN

Art by JOE QUESADA & MIKE ALLRED

Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO

Variant Covers by JOE QUESADA (OCT140869)

& JEFF SMITH (OCT140871)

Sketch Variant by JOE QUESADA (OCT140870)

FOC – 12/01/14, On Sale 12/31/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gahh the more I see Mike Aldreds art the more my eyes hurt :/

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@z3ro180: Yeah it's really jarring for a booklike this

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By DrellAssassin

@z3ro180 said:

Blasphemy.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Blasphemy.

Totally. Allred's art is, well... art. It's simply beautiful.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm a fan of Morrison and Moore! BUT I've always kept my distance from MIRACLEMAN mainly because of all the history and stuff. I guess this is how people trying to get into comics feel.

But I wanted to openly ask anyone/everyone...Is this Character/Story arcs Worth getting into?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@z3ro180 said:

Lol, this guy.

BB

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@meatwadf said:

@drellassassin said:

@z3ro180 said:

Blasphemy.

I like his art too, but it feels very out of place here, especially since it's such a contrast to the first page.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Marvel should publish these two stories as All-New & Almost-New Miracleman Annual/s.

This way Marvel would also please readers who find Allred's art too painful. +1

The problem is Quesada and Allred's styles don't go well together.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the deal with MiracleMan here? Is he getting merged with normal MARVEL continuity at some point? Secret Wars maybe?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I would read this if the artwork wasn't so darn bad

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@drellassassin said:

@z3ro180 said:

Blasphemy.

I like his art too, but it feels very out of place here, especially since it's such a contrast to the first page.

I rather like it. Those scenes appear to represent flashbacks to the old adventures, which Allred's art fits extremely well. His style is bright and simple and happy, a perfect fit for superheroics from the 60s, or so. It reminds me of the original Sentry mini series, where the art would shift dramatically during a flashback, usually matching the popular styles of the decade it revisited.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By doombot890

Who is the artist for the 2 pages with the priest on the shore?? coz that is good art I'd like to see ...but the rest...I can't get behind it's just a bit jarring.

I've wanted to get into Miracle Man...to see what his story is about ...but i guess I'm gonna have to read the wiki or something instead

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If those are what they appear to be, flashbacks scenes to the simulation, I don't know what all the art bellyaching is about. I'm sure it's very intentionally "jarring" in this case.

Well except of course the fact that the bellyachers are always going to declare themselves when Allred promos are released.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

@keroga said:

I'm a fan of Morrison and Moore! BUT I've always kept my distance from MIRACLEMAN mainly because of all the history and stuff. I guess this is how people trying to get into comics feel.

But I wanted to openly ask anyone/everyone...Is this Character/Story arcs Worth getting into?

Along with Sandman Overture and Hickman's Avengers titles, this is the best series being put out currently.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@keroga said:

Along with Sandman Overture and Hickman's Avengers titles, this is the best series being put out currently.

Yeah I was wondering as well I've heard little to nothing about it .

Can I just pick up the first issue and get it or..?

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is marvel miracle-man worth picking up? Someone tell me how this series is? I have no idea about it.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If those are what they appear to be, flashbacks scenes to the simulation, I don't know what all the art bellyaching is about. I'm sure it's very intentionally "jarring" in this case.

Well except of course the fact that the bellyachers are always going to declare themselves when Allred promos are released.

That's my assumption, and it fits perfectly. I really don't get the hate.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would read this if the artwork wasn't so darn bad

It's not, though.
BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the deal with MiracleMan here? Is he getting merged with normal MARVEL continuity at some point? Secret Wars maybe?

Nothing has been announced so far.

Is marvel miracle-man worth picking up? Someone tell me how this series is? I have no idea about it.

It's great, though it's a bit dated in some aspects like other writers doing the same thing years later.

BB

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: You couldn't be more out of place here. This looks absolutely fantastic. The art looks perfect for this

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had picked up a couple of issues in the beginning but had to drop it due to budget. I get angsty seeing this. I will definitely pick this up and hopefully I can collect all of these reprints in a large omnibus down the road.