Posted by G-Man (32487 posts) - - Show Bio

By now you should be aware that the POINT ONE issues give a good glimpse at what's to come. The oversized issues may have a higher price point but it's a great way to get a feel for the creative changes coming in the titles featured. We've seen the different teasers and press releases but Marvel has just released some more images to whet our appetites.

Featuring a star-studded creative cast, All-New Marvel NOW! Point One features exciting new lead-in stories for LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD, SILVER SURFER, BLACK WIDOW, MS. MARVEL, ALL-NEW INVADERS and AVENGERS WORLD!

"All-New Marvel NOW! Point One kicks off 2014 in style with six bold new stories that offer a glimpse into the exciting future of the Marvel Universe," said Axel Alonso, Editor In Chief, Marvel Entertainment. “From the voyage of self-discovery of the new MS. MARVEL to eye-popping cosmic adventures of the SILVER SURFER to the globe-spanning espionage of BLACK WIDOW, All-New Marvel NOW! Point One is THE place for new and longtime fans to dive in.”

Join some of the industry’s top talent this January as they take the Marvel Universe in a brand new direction – starting with brand new stories providing a clean entry point for six of the hottest new series of 2014!

ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW! POINT ONE #1 (NOV130543)

Written by DAN SLOTT, AL EWING, JAMES ROBINSON, NATHAN EDMONDSON, G. WILLOW WILSON & NICK SPENCER

Art by MICHAEL ALLRED, LEE GARBETT, STEVE PUGH, PHIL NOTO, ADRIAN ALPHONA & RAGS MORALES

Cover by SALVADOR LAROCCA

Variant Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN

FOC – 12/09/2014, On-Sale – 01/08/2014

Staff
#1 Posted by Sifighter (94 posts) - - Show Bio

It all looks pretty good to me. Especially with the art for Loki, Ms. marvel and surprisingly all-new invaders. Although I'm only reading Loki and Ms.Marvel.

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21719 posts) - - Show Bio

ehh, dat new ms marvel... ehh, SS looks cool though.

#3 Edited by Cap10nate (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I want a Silver Surfer title, I don't think that this is going to be the one for me. I want to see the Silver Surfer that we saw at the beginning of Infinity in the digital comic and not one hanging around Earth. We already have the GOTG which are spending a lot more time around earth than I would prefer. I am not a fan of the way he looks in the art by Allred when compared to many of the ways he has been depicted and especially from what we saw in the Infinite comic.

#4 Edited by The Stegman (23961 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check out Ms.Marvel and Black Widow...that's about it.

#5 Posted by Aeron_Glyndwr (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow *______*

#6 Posted by Renchamp (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Allred, Alphona, and Noto are a part of this? Count me in.

#7 Posted by Mucklefluga (2549 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: Almost all the SS stories will be taking place accross the galaxies rather than on Earth.

#8 Posted by Rubear (453 posts) - - Show Bio

The look of Ms.Khan bring something look like hysterical laughter out of me. Thats so... marvel, lol...

#9 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7820 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check out Loki. Maybe Black Widow....

#10 Edited by tparks (4905 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I want a Silver Surfer title, I don't think that this is going to be the one for me. I want to see the Silver Surfer that we saw at the beginning of Infinity in the digital comic and not one hanging around Earth. We already have the GOTG which are spending a lot more time around earth than I would prefer. I am not a fan of the way he looks in the art by Allred when compared to many of the ways he has been depicted and especially from what we saw in the Infinite comic.

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I agree with what you said about Surfer, the Guardians...everything. Cosmic Marvel needs to start being Cosmic again!

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting 3 of 6 of these titles(Ms. Marvel, Silver Surfer, Avengers World), so I'll have to get this issue. The art looks good all round. :)

I'm kind of tempted to get the first arc of Invaders for the Kree too though.

#12 Posted by SimonM7 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I can barely breathe, I'm so excited for these new titles. This is probably the most excited I've been since I got back into comics a year-and-some-change ago. Silver Surfer is gonna be *awesome* and will hopefully slot nicely into the hole in my heart left behind by FF, and the pure class coming off of Noto's Black Widow has me trembling. Super excited for the new Punisher book, which I hope can grab some pages from Rucka's rendition of the character and then evolve that - and I'll follow Fraction to the ends of the earth, so when it involves Inhumans and Madureira I'm so on-board I'm basically part of the ship decor.

#13 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

All of it looks promising. Love the Silver Surfer art by Mike Allred. The art and action on display for The Invaders is top notch. Cool.

#14 Posted by SimonM7 (107 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by SimonM7 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

!? The thing just swallowed my post. :O

Agh. I can't write that whole thing again. Short version: Slott has said we'll see brand new corners of the Marvel universe - places not even the Surfer has seen. I wouldn't worry about it not being cosmic enough. It will, however, be fun and adventurous and quirky, so if you guys wanted a grittier take it's probably a pass.

Now please don't eat this post....

Edit: It didn't! Woo.

#16 Posted by Mucklefluga (2549 posts) - - Show Bio

So... Black Widow's dead...

#17 Posted by dondave (36562 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably get all of them but don't see myself reading Ms Marvel for long. I wonder why Gladiator is wearing his old uniform?

#18 Posted by Onemoreposter (4022 posts) - - Show Bio

SIlver Surfer art is beautiful.

#19 Edited by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me what's up with Ms. Marvel's arm

#20 Posted by HellionVulcan (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

I'll probably get all of them but don't see myself reading Ms Marvel for long. I wonder why Gladiator is wearing his old uniform?

His other one is generally for meetings (public appearances) but i do want it to become his new attire as it looks way better .Why can't Gladiator be a main character in any event even in infinity he just stood around doing nothing :( .

#21 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me what's up with Ms. Marvel's arm

She's got Mr. Fantastic style powers.

#22 Posted by E1000 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Just name it : "New reader come here", it'll be simpler for everyone !

#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check out Ms.Marvel and Black Widow...that's about it.

same here.

#24 Edited by IDontLikeBirds (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, nothing really caught my attention. I just noticed that I don't read much Marvel anymore (just Thor: God of Thunder and Superior Spider-man) ever since they cancelled Scarlet Spider and Venom, plus who knows what's up with the Ultimate comics line, there goes two other titles I read.

#25 Edited by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

Inhuman and Moon Knight!

#26 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8119 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight, Punisher, Black Widow and Silver Surfer are the ones I'll check out.

#27 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20155 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not. How much you wanna bet the next page reveals that the blonde guy was shot in the head and Natasha was able to quick-draw on him?

Also, I'm probably only going to pick up MOON KNIGHT and SILVER SURFER. I highly doubt I'll stick with the new SILVER SURFER title long since I'm not a huge cosmic Marvel fan.

#28 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1230 posts) - - Show Bio

the new ms marvel power look very uninteresting

#29 Posted by Akindoodle (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

The art for Black Widow. Oh the art!

#30 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (5219 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet art.

#32 Posted by RustyRoy (12012 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Phil Noto in Batgirl.

#33 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga said:

Probably not. How much you wanna bet the next page reveals that the blonde guy was shot in the head and Natasha was able to quick-draw on him?

Also, I'm probably only going to pick up MOON KNIGHT and SILVER SURFER. I highly doubt I'll stick with the new SILVER SURFER title long since I'm not a huge cosmic Marvel fan.

Seems likely. That, or he really hates wolves.

#34 Posted by Grey56 (749 posts) - - Show Bio