First Look: ALL-NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA #1

• 54 results
Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@super_soldierxii: Well, I read somewhere that Remender has said that Sam's training with the shield will come up in the story.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@keenko said:

@super_soldierxii: Well, I read somewhere that Remender has said that Sam's training with the shield will come up in the story.

Meh. It's comics so I can suspend my belief somewhat.

I mean, I can train in Jeet Kune Do as hard as I like, doesn't mean I will be as good as Bruce Lee. I'd have to have trained my whole life to even stand a chance at getting close to Bruce's skill level.

Sam will have learned to master the shield in, what, weeks? Months? Certainly not years ... which would be the minimum to even come close. Additionally, Steve's serum enhances him in every way, including the expediency with which he learns combat techniques. Sam is just not in the same ballpark and should not be portrayed as being in such either.

It demeans and devalues Steve Rogers and fans of the character don't have to like it. For me, it's akin to the Black Knight picking up a bow to replace Hawkeye overnight. Or Clint picking up the Ebony Blade to replace Dane. Doesn't sit right.

They're masters in their respective styles and should not be so easily replaced. It's really the ONLY thing that makes their combat style and superhero schtick unique. Likewise with Steve and his shield.

But yeah, let's see how it's handled before flipping out about it. Agreed.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for crackerjacktravis
crackerjacktravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not going to be the same. Why make him cap when they could put the shield in a museum. Or make up a newer version /character? I am so lost in what's happening in the comics now. Library has not had new ones yet. Know what I'm thinking a new arc if it has not been done yet. What if when Rogers powers took affect (not sure if it's that or effect ) but what if the surum makes him crazy and he joins Hydra.?

Baronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why can't he stick to his original costume colours?

they fit him more

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can Almost buy Sam being able to sling the shield as well as Steve... ALMOST. But as for Sam being able to wield the shield, all I have to say is this: Sam may have been the Falcon, but look how Kelsey Leigh died.