• 95 results
Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

On Monday we heard an update on the upcoming Scott Snyder/Jim Lee SUPERMAN UNCHAINED series due in June. Before that happens, we'll have another great pairing as Andy Diggle and Tony Daniel prepare to take the reigns on ACTION COMICS.

It all begins on April 3. Here's what Andy Diggle told DC's The Source when it was first announced he was taking over:

Even in an industry dominated by superheroes, Superman is THE superhero – the original and best - and I’m flattered, daunted and inspired in equal measure at being given the opportunity to build on such an incredible and historic legacy. The word ‘iconic’ is bandied around a lot in comics, but Superman defines the term. I’m excited to be working with Tony Daniel, whose artistic and storytelling skills will be bringing the world(s) of Superman to stunning visual life. Together we’ll be carving out spectacular new adventures that respect the past while redefining the future of the Man of Steel.

DC Comics also revealed a first look at next month's issue (which will also be in the back of the March 20 releases).

== TEASER ==

Source: DC Comics

Staff
#1 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

T,T This look so amazing!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Posted by kingdomenic (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks Amazing. Hopefully the story matches the art.

#3 Posted by johnqestion (159 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!! Now that looks awesome! You tell 'em, Kal!

#4 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (545 posts) - - Show Bio

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Posted by ALFMutant (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's exactly the Superman we needs right now.

#6 Posted by kennybaese (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Further proof that Tony Daniel should stick to art. It's where he excels.

I dropped Action Comics after Morrison's last issue this week, but I'll definitely keep reading it in trade.

#7 Posted by supersmith (35 posts) - - Show Bio

And this is why I love the new 52 Superman. That art! Looking forward to Diggle/Daniel now!

#8 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

looks fantastic

#9 Posted by ccraft (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

Im adding this to my pull!

#10 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't believe it...am more impatient for this than for Superman unchained now!!

#11 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by longbowhunter (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Tony Daniel is looking really good here.

#13 Posted by darkwingdan (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to drop this after #18, but I think I'm going to be sticking it out with Action for quite a while. This is the best art I've seen from Tony Daniel since Batman R.I.P.

#14 Posted by Squalleon (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Daniel coloring his own work?

Because the colorist did some wonders here!

#15 Posted by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to ask...from what I understand, in the new 52, Supes was shown to be a bit more aggressive and had more of an attitude -- bear in mind, this is not from firsthand knowledge, as I really don't read DC. Has this maintained, or have we seen glimpses of the old Supes personality? These previews kind of make me want to check the series out though...

#16 Edited by ThomasElliot (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank god Daniel is only doing art and not writing.

Thank god the writer is Andy Diggle.

Should be good... though I'm going to miss Morrison's crazy narratives.

#17 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#18 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care how good this is, I will always miss Morrison.

#19 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait! I'm excited for a new team! While Grant/Rags are a great team, Morrison's writing sometimes has me lost. I'll be reading an issue and be like, when the hell did this happen or what the hell is going on? Hopefully Diggle can eliminate some of the confusion.

#20 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks awesome.

#21 Edited by MeloDet (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong: There are differences and similarities. He is younger, so he is a little arrogant, and he is also more reserved in the Justice League. He is still however, extremely compassionate and caring. I had a better list of personality differences before, but that's all I can think of now.

#22 Posted by Wyldsong (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@MeloDet said:

@Wyldsong: There are differences and similarities. He is younger, so he is a little arrogant, and he is also more reserved in the Justice League. He is still however, extremely compassionate and caring. I had a better list of personality differences before, but that's all I can think of now.

Thanks for the heads up. If the core of the character is still intact, then I think I might be interested in checking this out.

#23 Posted by sinestro_GL (3066 posts) - - Show Bio

The sooner that Morrison finishes mind-f@%*ing all his readers, the better...IMO anyway

#24 Posted by Big_Nasty (342 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so cool on so many levels.

#25 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty awesome! Might be time to reinvest in Superman

#26 Posted by viin (547 posts) - - Show Bio

im not a superman reader but since the new 52 ive grown so much more respect and love for the character that this looks like something i wanna pick up. Also looking forward to Superman Unchained but who isnt or should be.

#27 Posted by Lvenger (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to miss Morrison's writing but Diggle looks like he'll be showing Lobdell how to write an entertaining Superman story rather than the tripe Lobdell puts out. At least Diggle will keep Superman afloat before Snyder's Unchained comes out. And damn Daniels artwork is on fine form! So glad he's gone back to being an artist rather than a writer.

#28 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong:

Nah Supes is much more aggressive now, even last issue in Superman #17 he Hit H'el so hard the thremors of his punches could be felt in the Earth's core and on the JL Watchtower he doesn't pull back as much as the old Superman did plus he's also much more smarter often talking science babble like Reed Richards would.

#29 Posted by Hanson724 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison is gone and Action is back on the pull list. Been awhile.

#30 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison and Rags are one helluva team to follow, but Diggle and Daniels thankfully look up to the challenge.

#31 Posted by ptigrusmagus (483 posts) - - Show Bio

The text over the panels looks like it was done in MS Paint, hope they clean that up.

#32 Posted by Barkley (271 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like bullies either ....Superman is a Badass awesome

#33 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kesho_Ronin: Uhm, yes, I do. This preview is for next month's ACTION COMICS.

Staff
#34 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8897 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is pretty awesome. I didn't love Morrison's run on the series, but I will see how the new team does.

#35 Posted by Mucklefluga (2524 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah!

#36 Posted by The Stegman (23163 posts) - - Show Bio
Yes! Finally, Morrison is gone! I can start reading AC again!
#37 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

L

#38 Posted by saoakden (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks AMAZING!!!!!!!! Super looking forward to reading this!

#39 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Yes! Finally, Morrison is gone! I can start reading AC again!

No. Get out

#40 Posted by elkinscs (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Always been a believer in Tony Daniel's art, it's really shining through here. He's the perfect match for this series. Looks like they will be portraying Superman as the lonely soul who has the back of the little guy. That's when he's at his best.

#41 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

@G_Money_Christmas said:

Can't wait! I'm excited for a new team! While Grant/Rags are a great team, Morrison's writing sometimes has me lost. I'll be reading an issue and be like, when the hell did this happen or what the hell is going on? Hopefully Diggle can eliminate some of the confusion.

I have to agree. You're right. I mean I love Morrison and he has written some of the best Superman stories including some in the current run on Action, but some issues have been a mess as well.

I hope Diggle can bring some consistency to the book. And we know Daniel is going to kill on art.

#42 Posted by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so happy because

1) This looks great, and

2) Morrison's babble is gone

#43 Posted by SaintG (66 posts) - - Show Bio

MY GOD THE ARTWORK IS AMAZING.

#44 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: Yeah i know this is a preview for action comics,but i just wonder why there isn't a review of Superman 18,no bad intention just surprised

#45 Posted by tensor (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

That is really good art work

#46 Posted by shieldzeal (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah! The year of Superman indeed!

#47 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kesho_Ronin: I did eight reviews yesterday. I tried getting the others to do it...sorry.

Staff
#48 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the art! Looks great.

#49 Posted by BatWatch (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! I'm not a huge Superman fan, but Wow!

#50 Posted by KendraSander (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Very very very good.