• 90 results
Posted by G-Man (34953 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally we get to see Spider-Man's involvement in this upcoming war. Sort of. Monday Marvel released two teasers for "This Is War!" with the only accompanying information that details would be revealed at Comic-Con on Sunday during the Amazing Spider-Man panel. Tuesday a teaser was released with Captain America's shield. Yesterday we saw Iron Man getting shot in the head a couple times and his armor apparently bleeding. Today we finally see what dire fate is in store for Spider-Man.

While the others seem a little more...deadly, this just has someone holding a gun to Spider-Man. This is something that has happened hundreds, if not thousands, of times. But perhaps he's unconscious.

What will this war be about? Does it have anything to do with the teased Ultron War? This image doesn't really support that idea unless Spider-Man gets knocked out fighting an Ultron and some street thug with a gun finds his body. We'll have to wait for more information.

Staff
#1 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a Punisher storyline?? Punisher Vs Avengers?? Wow.... yeah... no thanks

#2 Posted by theconman1876 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

NO. MORE. EVENTS.

#3 Edited by Ludo (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Content removed

#4 Posted by tensor (4483 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought of punisher too , but that would be lame as hell. i think they might going to war with shield.

#5 Posted by brucecapell (101 posts) - - Show Bio

punisher taking on the avengers?

#6 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@theconman1876 said:

NO. MORE. EVENTS.

@Webjaker said:

#7 Posted by Ludo (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see how the Punisher can beat Thor or Iron Man. Maybe is the U.S Army or some kind of soldiers.

#8 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9088 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I am curious of what this event is going to be about

#9 Posted by Dernman (15159 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm Maybe the countries of the world get tired of all the Superhero bull and turn on them.

#10 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War 3 ?

#11 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe 2: This time it's Cannon.

#12 Posted by Top Flight Security (143 posts) - - Show Bio

With the Avengers fighting the X Men, the collateral damage must be high. Maybe the regular folk have finally gotten tired of all the heroes being too busy feuding with one another and are now going to try and put them down.

#13 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

civil war?

#14 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this the biggest threat Spider-Man will ever face?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

#15 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!!

WHY DON'T WE ALL TALK ABOUT TERRIBLE THIS EVENT IS GOING TO BE BEFORE WE EVEN SEE A SINGLE PAGE OR SOLOCIT???

#16 Posted by Grim (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading the Cluster-bomb that is AvsX, i dont give any position of flying intercourse what this is about. Marvels events bother me, and they stack them right on top of each other and they are always world wide staring Spiderman, an Avenger or 4, and featuring Deadpool on all the variants for no reason. I dont care. If they show me something epic later, maybe i'll start. But right now i dont. And now that i really think about it, the only thing that could make me want to read this is if Ares was back.

#17 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

...Blah

#18 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Humanity against the Avengers

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Webjaker said:

Because Frank Castle is the only person in the Marvel Universe who owns guns.

#21 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombietag said:

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!!

WHY DON'T WE ALL TALK ABOUT TERRIBLE THIS EVENT IS GOING TO BE BEFORE WE EVEN SEE A SINGLE PAGE OR SOLOCIT???

HEY I HAVE A RESPONSE!!!!!

WHY DON"T WE HEAD RECENT HISTORY AND BE UNDERSTANDABLY CAUTIOUS OF MARVEL EVENTS BECAUSE WEVE BEEN BURNED TIME AND TIME AGAIN ????

....ALSO ALL CAPS MAKES ME RIGHT INSTANTANEOUSLY!!!!

look guy, if your looking forward to this good for you, but the rest of us have been tired for a long time, so do us a favor and mind your own business

#22 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ludo: I'M COMING AT YOU BRO!!

#23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL CAPS RESPECT THREAD 2012.

#24 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the pic was a doc oc arm

#25 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Webjaker said:

Because Frank Castle is the only person in the Marvel Universe who owns guns.

yeah! Deadpool owns guns too!! Maybe Deapool gets taken over by Ultron?

#26 Posted by Spidey_Guy1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be a fun storyline. HOpefully better than  Fear Itself.

#27 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@zombietag said:

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!!

HEY I HAVE A RESPONSE!!!!!

WHY DON"T WE HEAD RECENT HISTORY AND BE UNDERSTANDABLY CAUTIOUS OF MARVEL EVENTS BECAUSE WEVE BEEN BURNED TIME AND TIME AGAIN ????

....ALSO ALL CAPS MAKES ME RIGHT INSTANTANEOUSLY!!!!

look guy, if your looking forward to this good for you, but the rest of us have been tired for a long time, so do us a favor and mind your own business

mind your own business? its a forum, its here so we can share opinions thats the point. im with you about getting burned time and time again and all that. im on the same page! siege was decent. fear itself? lame. avx? started out lame. i understand, trust me i do. ive been here the whole time reading all of it and getting disappointed (with events) too.

but its still messed up to yell and complain about how bad a comics going to be when we literally know nothing about it. at least just say "i hate teasers" or "im over events." but dont say "this comics going to suck." none of us know if its going to suck or not, who knows! show a little faith in comics! youre on this site because you like comics right? because comics can be good?

im just sick of everyone throwing marvel (or any publisher for that reason) under the bus before they know anything about whats coming next. just because things have been bad in the past doesnt mean they cant get better.

personally these teasers dont get me pumped, who knows. its hard to say with so little information, but im willing to wait around before i cast a judgement.

#28 Posted by warpgirl (52 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who are saying we're being ... silly for judging the event before anything is in print...

Really? I think the current track record counts a lot for what to expect

#29 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this is storyline is actually good.

#30 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombietag said:

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!!

I know right, isn't this great?!?!? While we're at it lets bitch and moan about how every single thing that Marvel and DC sucks no matter what!!!

#31 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm feeling like it will be "normal human" vs meta-human and super-hero.

Like the normal citizen of the marvel universe will say "no more".

#32 Posted by Mucklefluga (2570 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that was doc Ock's arm! :P I was thinking what?!?! we just had him?!?!!

#33 Posted by kennybaese (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

The coloration at the bottom of image seems to imply that the gun fired... But yeah, still not super exciting.

#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, probably not our best idea to quote the picture that has a swear in it.

#35 Posted by sentryman555 (771 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Spiderman seem to be held down by webs here? Or is that just the art style. If so maybe we're looking at another spider themed villain. But we just had spider island.........

#36 Posted by Oedipus_Rex (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to guess it is war between the Government and the Avengers this time. This will lead to yet another breakup of the teams and instead of being a defacto super human police force for the government they will reform into being an independent Superhero team again. Except for Tony Stark. I still want to see that fascist pay for his crimes committed during his time as head of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#37 Posted by Sammo21 (697 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombietag: @zombietag said:

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!!

#38 Posted by mattwing87 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555 said:

Does Spiderman seem to be held down by webs here? Or is that just the art style. If so maybe we're looking at another spider themed villain. But we just had spider island.........

It could be the Flash Thompson Venom, he uses guns and webs (haven't read too much on him though)

#39 Posted by sentryman555 (771 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattwing87 said:

@sentryman555 said:

It could be the Flash Thompson Venom, he uses guns and webs (haven't read too much on him though)

Oh that makes sense! Flash has already lost control of Venom a couple times now. Its only a matter or time before he goes off the edge. I'd actually look forward to this if it had something to do with a Flash/Venom and Spiderman clash happening. You can feel its coming! By having Flash and Peter being friends its all leading up to some big confrontation. But I haven't read Venom for a couple issues so maybe it already has and I missed it lol

#40 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14734 posts) - - Show Bio

@pspin said:

@zombietag said:

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!!

I know right, isn't this great?!?!? While we're at it lets bitch and moan about how every single thing that Marvel and DC sucks no matter what!!!

wait if people hate Marvel and Dc what do they read?

#41 Posted by paulcousins (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: Image, Darkhorse, Topcow, Dynamite etc... :P oh those poor underrated comics...

#42 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@pspin said:

@zombietag said:

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!!

wait if people hate Marvel and Dc what do they read?

Image and maybe IDW

They read Marvel and DC as well, they just bitch about every single ad campaign that the companies come out with. The only ad campaign, or move the company has made, that everyone didn't complain a lot about was the DC vs world hunger thing but some people still complained that the banner ruined the cover. The point is that people pointlessly bitch and moan about things like this just to bitch and moan about it even though they don't know any thing about it except for a teaser image

#43 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it the Deadpool kills everyone in the Marvel Universe story?

#44 Posted by odysseyuwrf (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see this being a Punisher storyline, and not just because of the guns. What if in the next few months, one of the costumed heroes accidentally kills an innocent person (not that it probably hasn't happened in some battle along the way)? I could see the Punisher deciding that ALL of the costumed heroes deserve to be killed.

I know this would play on the "Fill-in-the-blank" Kills the Marvel Universe, but it could happen. The ting that has always bothered me about Punisher, is how nobody ever tries to stop him from killing people. Odd. Of course, I haven't read a Punisher comic in 20 years...

#45 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@theconman1876 said:

NO. MORE. EVENTS.

#46 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14734 posts) - - Show Bio

@pspin: @paulcousins: I know I was just cracking a joke

#47 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with this has something to do with the Punisher. lol

#48 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we really need another topic every single time one of these generic "giving away no details" teasers are released?

#49 Posted by CapFanboy (5253 posts) - - Show Bio

@odysseyuwrf said:

I could see this being a Punisher storyline, and not just because of the guns. What if in the next few months, one of the costumed heroes accidentally kills an innocent person (not that it probably hasn't happened in some battle along the way)? I could see the Punisher deciding that ALL of the costumed heroes deserve to be killed.

I know this would play on the "Fill-in-the-blank" Kills the Marvel Universe, but it could happen. The ting that has always bothered me about Punisher, is how nobody ever tries to stop him from killing people. Odd. Of course, I haven't read a Punisher comic in 20 years...

I don't know, I don't think he'd kill Spidey...

#50 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@wowylied said:

I'm feeling like it will be "normal human" vs meta-human and super-hero.

Like the normal citizen of the marvel universe will say "no more".

Ooooooh like all the citizens of Marvel's New York rising against the heroes?...... HA HA HA, no matter how many they're I think they still don't have ANY chance