• 178 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

We know who "The Worthy" are, but who will become "The Mighty"? If you've been following the Fear Itself story line then you already know that Odin's arch nemesis and brother has teamed up with the Red Skull's daughter, Sin. Together, they have chosen and resurrected "The Worthy," heroes and villains who have been altered to do The Serpent's bidding.

But how will the heroes fight these seemingly omnipotent beings that are under the complete control of The Serpent? They'll need to become "The Mighty." Marvel has released a preview image of "The Mighty," but the question is, who are they and how did these characters become "The Mighty"? Based on the image it looks like some of your favorite Marvel heroes will be altered, so can you guess which ones will acquire magical powers? How do you think they will become The Mighty? Which one can you spot based on the image?

Source Marvel

== TEASER ==
#1 Edited by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Wolverine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, and maybe Sif?

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13121 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Come On!!! I just put a thread with this up!!!!!!  lmao 

pete, danny, logan, tony or rhodey, jennifer or betty, carol, sue, strange and clint
#3 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

The one in the middle looks like iron man and there also seems to be hawkeye.

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the worst attempt at hiding secret identities I've ever seen. Their logos are freaking glowing! Come on!  

Still looks interesting. 

#5 Posted by oldgum (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will grate the Mighty their new powers? Odin? Anyway, besides "the Worthy", "the Mighty" we have "the Silly" ones who are chosen by Deadpool lol. 

#6 Posted by jubeiyagyuX (121 posts) - - Show Bio

wait wut? when did marvel start making patapon comics?  >___> 

#7 Posted by Overlander (512 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad Ms. Marvel has been found worth- . . . er, Mighty enough to be a key player in this crossover. 
It was a shame her solo book came to a close.

#8 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

Why isn't Thor a Mighty ?

#9 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

this is looking interesting now, i guess i will have to wait for it in trade
#10 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@Burnstar1230 said:
Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Wolverine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, and maybe Sif?
this is what i gathered
#11 Posted by Peevo (39 posts) - - Show Bio

the serpent got the hulk and thing, it would have been cool to have the mighty include a couple of villains instead of the usual suspects

#12 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't tell who the two people behind Wolverine are...

#13 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Fear Itself = Blacket Night all over again.
#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13121 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
That's the worst attempt at hiding secret identities I've ever seen. Their logos are freaking glowing! Come on!   Still looks interesting. 

im pretty sure they didnt ACTUALLY want to hide it. just make it look like they were trying
#15 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking maybe Valkyrie and not Sif. Doubt it though.

And while I am perfectly fine with this, I am so upset that, once again, Marvel decides to spoil something. This would have surprised me completely if I just saw it happening in the Fear Itself title. Now I know it's coming.

#17 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

i knew there was going to be a reason to keep sticking around reading fear itself
#18 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh, it's like those stupid TRON variants all over again. And it's obviously most of the Avengers cast. having this silhouette look is pointless. The only questionable one is what appears to be either Sif, Thor Girl or possibly Valkyrie.

#19 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say that the woman behind Hawkeye is Mockingbird

#20 Edited by Emperormeister734 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging by my sight so far I see Iron Man, Iron Fist, Hawkeye , wolverine, Ms. Marvel, they really made it obvious for us too see

#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13121 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasgasmic said:
ugh, it's like those stupid TRON variants all over again. And it's obviously most of the Avengers cast. having this silhouette look is pointless. The only questionable one is what appears to be either Sif, Thor Girl or possibly Valkyrie.

im pretty sure its one of the she-hulks, the silouette looks to big to be oe of the others
#22 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Avenging-X-Bolt 
    I am going to agree with She-Hulk for the sword wielding woman.

#23 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms.Marvel
Iron Fist
Wiccan
Iron Man
Wolverine
Black Widow
Valkyrie
Hawkeye
Spider-Man

#24 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
Oh Come On!!! I just put a thread with this up!!!!!!  lmao  pete, danny, logan, tony or rhodey, jennifer or betty, carol, sue, strange and clint
I made mine 8 hours ago
#25 Posted by longas91 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

My guesses are:
Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, She-Hulk,, Wolverine, Spider-Woman/or/Black Widow, Hawkeye, & Spider-Man.

#26 Posted by bobtv (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Now finally we got another TRON comic! Yeah!

#27 Posted by SleepyDrug (75 posts) - - Show Bio

As someone pointed out....some of the symbols are glowing. The obvious ones are (from left to right): Ms. Marvel (top left), Iron Fist (bottom left), Dr Strange (hand gesture is a give away), Iron Man, Wolverine, Hawkeye, and Spider-Man. 

This leaves the two women behind Wolverine.  I'm guessing Sif (from the headpiece) and Mockingbird or Black Widow.
#28 Edited by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Left to right: Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Wolverine(/Doomsday? lol), Invisible Woman or Black Widow, Hawkeye, Spider-Man (with the Other powers back?)

#29 Posted by Texaswatermelon (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I say the two unidentifiable ladies are Red She-Hulk and Black Widow.

#30 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye and Iron Fist are the only two I am interested in seeing.
#31 Posted by movieartman (1189 posts) - - Show Bio
@oldgum
from what it looks like with whats happening in last issue of fear itself 
odin is gonna allow stark to make weapons from asgardian materials  
and thats where its gonna come from it seems
#32 Edited by movieartman (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

Really hope the tall chick in the back behind wolverine will be SIF  
and also to those that are asking why thor aint one its cus he will ether die faceing the serpent (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 
or cus well he already has his hammer and is already on the level of the Worthy 
he dont need any other weapons most of the beings we see here are humans and ungodly so they need a power boost to be able to go toe to toe with the worthy and finaly i really dont think that the intention was to hide there identites cus i mean com on its bloody ovious who they are cept for just 2 of em  
i think the intention was just to give us a little suspense about what there Mighty forms look like 
im really hopeing we get some of the spacific character desgins from Marko Dejurdivic for thease guys forms like we did with the worthy cus he can make anything look badass
#33 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13121 posts) - - Show Bio
@KingLoki said:
Ms.Marvel Iron Fist Wiccan Iron Man Wolverine Black Widow Valkyrie Hawkeye Spider-Man

where the hell did you get wiccan from?
#34 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13121 posts) - - Show Bio
@KingLoki said:
Ms.Marvel Iron Fist Wiccan Iron Man Wolverine Black Widow Valkyrie Hawkeye Spider-Man

never mind i forgot about the magic guy.   thats actually a good guess
#35 Posted by sparty-dbq (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this take place in New York or the flipping Grid? 

Well, at any rate, I'm glad to see Ms. Marvel among those chosen.  She hasn't done jack squat since her solo book got canceled.

#36 Posted by BransonHuggins (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Valkeryie, Wolverine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Spider-Man.  Guranteed, maybe not Black Widow, but everyone else I am sure of.

#37 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Boring. Not holding out much hope for how they become The Mighty either.

#38 Posted by BransonHuggins (97 posts) - - Show Bio
doordoor123 is online on July 8, 2011 at 6:31 p.m.

Fear Itself = Blacket Night all over again. 

Nope, that was called Necrosha, and they were practically the same story.
#39 Posted by BransonHuggins (97 posts) - - Show Bio
SpidermanWins on July 8, 2011 at 7:08 p.m.
Left to right: Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Wolverine(/Doomsday? lol), Invisible Woman or Black Widow, Hawkeye, Spider-Man (with the Other powers back?) 

No.  It is weapons he has been given, like all of them.  Much like the Worthy have been chosen by the Serpent so too shall the Mighty be chosen by Odin.  Stark will convince Odin to back the heroes, his Mighty to fight for Earth, and if they fall then to enact the doomsday plan.  They are all going to be given weapons in order to combat the Worthy.  Similar to the hammers received by each.  The one Worthy who is going to fall without facing a Mighty (god this sounds retarded) is possibly Captain America vs Sin (Red Skull).  We will have to wait and see though.  But yeah, that's how it's going to go down.  I can practically guarantee that at this point.  considering they are telling the same stories over and over at this point.  and yes, something like this has been done before. 
#40 Posted by ParagonWonder (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I see (from left to right) Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, probably She-Hulk or Red She-Hulk, Wolverine, Invisible Woman, Hawkeye, and Spider-Man
#41 Posted by Blastov (23 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have some villains as some of the Mighty to balance out the fact that the Hulk and the Thing as part of the Worthy, IMO. 
#42 Posted by cobra88king8 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

odd that no Cap

#43 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

thank god no Cap...no offense but Cap is always a "Chosen" or "Special" hero needed. Its about time some lessers like Ironfist and Hawkeye get some lime light. Also I'm really hoping it is Mockingbird.

#44 Posted by srsbsns (9 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW. Wolverine? REALLY? 

so disappoint marvel

#45 Posted by SpectrumBlur (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, for me, most of these are obvious, so I'm not going to repeat the easy ones most everyone pointed out already.  For the tall woman, I'm thinking She-Hulk is the most likely, to counteract her cousin in the Worthy.  However, I'm really surprised no one mentioned Thundra, considering how much Marvel played her up in the Hulk books.  For the shorter woman, Sue Storm, Black Widow or Mockingbird are my most likely candidates.  Given how she's lined up with Hawkeye's silhouette, I'm going with Bobbi on this one.

On a side note, a friend of mine and I were having a conversation lately, and we both thought a likely direction to go with Doctor Strange was the Harry Dresden route, i.e. dress him in a trench coat or duster, and give him a staff.  Nice to know I called that one.  Also, it's a nice touch that the staff looks kind of like the Caduceus symbol, even though the Rod of Asclepius would be more accurate.

#46 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the chick int he middle is either Thundra or Lyra

and on the far right is Dare Devil, I think, possible Spiderman

with Mockingbird as the woman next to Hawkeye

Strange, Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Wolverine and Hawkeye are all pretty clearly themselves ;P

#47 Edited by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hawkeye, and Spider-Man are pretty much indisputable. Which leaves us with only two to figure out.

#48 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, Iron Fist, Spidey, Logan, Ms. marvel, Jen(Could be Betty but really hoping for Jen), Invisible Woman/Black Widow, Hawkeye, Strange and Iron Fist.

#49 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Vigil-

I don't know about Spiderman for sure though- wouldn't his spider insignia be as visible as Iron Fist's dragon?

it could be Dare Devil too

not that I'm convinced one way or the other yet

#50 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2221 posts) - - Show Bio

Really, does Wolverine have to be in the front of everything?  Come the eff on Marvel!  We know he's popular and awesome, but COME ON!