• 55 results
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Things are beginning to look a whole lot clearer for Hawkman in THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN. We received an exclusive preview for issue #12 this week that gives us a big hint at what might be in store for Hawkman very soon. The winged hero has come face to face with Pike, a mercenary hired to seek him out. Question is, who hired him? Enter the alien race, the Daemonites, who are coming close to invading Thanagar. Looks like Hawkman may be meeting more people like him in the very near future -- at least based on this preview.

No Caption Provided

THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN is written by Rob Liefeld and Mark Poulton and features art by Art Thibert and Joe Bennett. Check out the preview below and let us know if this is a series you have been enjoying and whether or not it's an issue you will be picking up on August 22nd, 2012.

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyWalker

ugh. dc just let him go. most people wont give the comic a second glance thanks to the cover. look at the awesome art on the inside. shame.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Bestostero

Pike!!!

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RalfvdH

Interior art looks ok... Bennett does a fine job... About the writing I can't say anything... Don't read the story...

But that cover... He really isn't even trying, isn't he....
Good thing Bennett is doing the interiors... With a variant cover this could be saved...

KennyQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By KennyQuick

I dropped this book once Liefeld started writing it. It was already barely hanging in their with Daniel writing it. Which sucks because I love Hawkman. I wish James Robinson was the writer like it originally was going to be. The interior is great but the covers are horrible. And I am sick off all of Liefelds villains being another Deadpool knockoff. Just give it up already!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sethysquare

This is probably the best arc from savage hawkman. I loved everything that this book is doing. Mark Poulton, rob and joe bennett are doing their best work here.

Tellumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tellumo

Pike just seems like a deadpool clone...

grifter78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 159

#7  Edited By grifter78

yay Wildstorm villain! :D

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By broo1232

Horrible cover.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Barkley

liefield art is better..but not by much..Hawkman deserves better...im not a liefield hater

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By jointron33

Pike is an old Wildcats villain.....so why isn't he fighting Voodoo or Grifter, especially since Liefeld is writing Grifter.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@jointron33 said:
Pike is an old Wildcats villain.....so why isn't he fighting Voodoo or Grifter, especially since Liefeld is writing Grifter.
Because the idea is to integrate the Wildstorm characters in to the larger DC universe, haveing them fight other Wildstorm characters is just a case of "same old, same old"
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ARMIV2

Ugh...that cover...dude isn't even holding the sword, it's just kinda floating there...

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kuma_far

I dont know why Liefeld haves job, he is the joke of the industry

Avatar image for spiderman20991992
spiderman20991992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm really enjoying this series. love Joe Bennett's art. and I'm super glad that he'll be doing the covers starting with the zero issue.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Zeeguy91

I'm not gonna comment on the writing because A) I stopped reading this title and B) I've never read any of Liefield's work. Although I will say that that cover is just....awful. I mean, does Hawkman have a neck?

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crazed_h3ro

@Jonny_Anonymous: Too true. I personally still hate how DC are treating the Wildstorm characters. Warblade is a Titian's villain, voodoo has not been the same voodoo we were reading for the past 3-5 issues, grifter is alright, but I haven't read anything from him yet, and I do love Stormwatch.

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOAH!!!! Is that Deadpool fighting Hawkman on the cover.....oh, nope. Diehard!?!?....nope again.....Cabot???? Oh, I see now, It's Pike. Sorry, my mistake. How dare I confuse those characters based on the cover. Shame on me......

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I don't like the changes to hawkmans mask.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By lifeboy

Please write a dove comic rob

i w

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

I was really enjoying The Savage Hawkman up until issue #9 when Liefeld took over covers and started co-writing. I can get past the covers, as "savage" as they might be there no reflection on what type of art is waiting inside for those willing to take a closer look. I'm still pulling this title in hopes that Liefeld will eventually leave it.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By allthatsgeek

Is part of Liefeld's contract with DC that they HAVE to let him do cover art? That's the only thing I can imagine as to how they let that cover print.Oh god, where is Pike's left foot?!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#22  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
ROB LIEFELD  UTIMATE TROLL
Joker Troll
Joker Troll
Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Miss_Garrick

I actually kinda like Rob Liefeld's art. It's better than Skottie Young or Mike Mignola. YMMV.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

I'm not a Liefeld hater (tho I'm not exactly a die-hard fan either), and his take on Hawkman does intrigue me, this arc has me interested. Unfortunately, my budget is stretched thin enough with all the other comics I'm getting.

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#25  Edited By kartron

The preview is very attractive. LOL "new car smell". "uglier than my mother in law"... :):) I wasnt reading this but I'm going to pick it up.. Or maybe buy them digital as I'm interested in the story and not collecting "HAWK".. Atleast for now..

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
henryarguelles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By henryarguelles5

What is so hard about drawing FEET, Liefeld?!?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Well, I won't comment on Liefeld here anymore because anyone who knows me knows I'm a Liefeld supporter. In truth this looks great, its just SH isn't one of my pulls, so I'm not getting it, but I am interested in it nevertheless.

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jaredbright

That cover is classic Liefeld. That's all I'll say.

I've seen worse feet drawings. They are hard to draw, they are so weird looking.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By zombietag

does anyone read this?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Video_Martian

Love Hawkman, Hate Liefeld... -__-

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@JohnnyWalker said:

ugh. dc just let him go. most people wont give the comic a second glance thanks to the cover. look at the awesome art on the inside. shame.

I know. The interior art is actually really good. But no one is going to give a crap due to Liefield's awful cover. At least his plotting isn't terrible. It isn't good but it isn't terrible.

Avatar image for secondfallen616
secondfallen616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By secondfallen616

This looks like trash, what the hell happened at DC that they would let Liefeld put out this hacky junk? Is he holding them hostage in their offices? Of all the #0 covers theyve shown, i'll bet 1,000,000 facebook credits that theres not one person outside Rob's family that would say his covers on Deathstroke and Grifter are anything but an abomination. C'mon DC, kick his cocky, pompous ass out the door, unless of course he really is pointing a ridiculously oversized gun at you guys.....

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By simian

Rob Liefeld's on the cover? Don't give an eff. I gave him a couple issues (plus 1 for Deathstroke) to see if somehow, maybe he could redeem himself but NOPE. Thanks to him TSH is out of my rotation.

maesterwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By maesterwar
No Caption Provided

Lol

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#36  Edited By Herx

well i don't think i need to say anything about the cover. It's already been said. Interior art looks much better though :)

I think Lifeld still gets work is that he has some sort of incriminating evidence against Jim Lee from their Image comic days that he placed before Lee after the cancellation of Hawk and Dove, thereby allowing him to walk out of the office with Griffter, Deathstroke and Hawkman under his arms.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#37  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

pikes just a cheap knock off of deadpool

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lifeboy

I wish you had not said that because pike as well as a lot of image characters are knockoffs of marvel characters and I don't want them interacting with my dc universe.

I

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lifeboy
I didn't realize it but yes I do have a problem with image integration into dc. They are uniquely tied to image.
Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Haaydrian

@xAnimosity said:

I dropped this book once Liefeld started writing it. It was already barely hanging in their with Daniel writing it. Which sucks because I love Hawkman.

Liefeld's doing a much better job at writing this than Daniels ever could. Liefeld might have no talent as an artist, but that doesn't dictate the quality of his writing.

I wish James Robinson was the writer like it originally was going to be. The interior is great but the covers are horrible.

Can't disagree on both accounts.

And I am sick off all of Liefelds villains being another Deadpool knockoff. Just give it up already!

This is the only thing that's bothering me. Pike isn't a Deadpool knock-off, hell, he was created just a few months after Deadpool was in the early 90s, in Wildstorm. Even if he was (which he isn't, because Deadpool didn't even have a mini-series back then), Liefeld wasn't the one who created him, and its highly likely that he isn't the one that's forcing him onto the book -- seeing as DC is the one that's editorially integrating Wildstorm into the DC Universe.

Avatar image for uncaringmachine
uncaringmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By uncaringmachine

ARRRGGHHH!!!! That cover.......*blech* I've started picking up Hawkman again(bought the first issue) because Joe Bennett is drawing the comic, and his art is AMAZING on this book. But that stupid horrible cover(Liefeld's Hawkman doesn't look anything like the one INSIDE the comic!!!) totally and completely detracts from the book! Why do the higher ups not see this!!???? PLEASE LET BENNETT DRAW THE COVERS!

Wolverine0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Wolverine0628

Pike reminds me of Deadpool.  Maybe I'll get it in graphic novel form sometime.
rico_3088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rico_3088

@Tellumo said:

Pike just seems like a deadpool clone...

yes, rob sucks

@cyberchop979 said:

WOAH!!!! Is that Deadpool fighting Hawkman on the cover.....oh, nope. Diehard!?!?....nope again.....Cabot???? Oh, I see now, It's Pike. Sorry, my mistake. How dare I confuse those characters based on the cover. Shame on me......

lmao.

I wonder how they are going to tie the wildcats together with them and their villians making guessspots in other comics.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cuddles666

@JohnnyWalker said:

Exactly. I never even saw the interior art until I clicked on this article. It's beautiful!

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Band Lone

Deadpool always finds a way to get into DC comics :p

supermanprime6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By supermanprime6

I only kept getting Savage Hawkman after Liefeld took over because I wanted to collect the whole series. I was so relieved when I realized he wasn't doing the art on the inside. Bennett's art is great, it was even better than Tan's art, and I didn't think anyone would top that. The only book that Liefeld draws, to my knowledge, is Deathstroke... and I had to let that one go because I couldn't even focus on the dialogue. His art is AWFUL. Absolutely no detail whatsoever. Please DC, wake up and realize he's past his prime.

darth_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By darth_jones

@JohnnyWalker said:

Right?! The interiors are great! Why use liefield on the cover? Or at all?

bsavelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By bsavelli

savage hulkman

lagoonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lagoonman

This book is not bad,but the covers ugh!

batmarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By batmarcus

I'm I the only one who thinks Pike looks a little like Deadpool??