Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

WOLVERINES #2

(W) Ray Fawkes (A) Alisson Borges (CA) Nick Bradshaw

Sinister strikes! As Daken lies crippled and fading, and Shogun sees death looming for himself and his entire Weapon X crew, only Wolverine's legacy--X-23, Sabretooth, Mystique and Lady Deathstrike--can save them all. But none of them can be trusted!

Parental Advisory

Item Code: NOV140743 In Shops: 1/14/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Looks cool, but again, I'm not paying 4$ a week, especially for a book that seems somewhat contrived.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wait, Mystique has a healing factor?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@waezi2 said:

Wait, Mystique has a healing factor?

So slow.

cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

I might read this in trade if the reviews are good, to save money. No way can I afford a $4 weekly book. That's why I skipped the first issue.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least the art work looks better in this issue.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good still trade waiting though.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Trade waiting for this as well. Art looks good and book seems exciting BUT not enought for 4 dollars.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least Nick Bradshit isn't on art.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RustyRoy
I want to marry her.
I want to marry her.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me, this seems like the ultimate test of how much comic buyers are willing to pay for something. Because if we start shelling out 4 bucks each for a weekly series, how long before regular, 32-page monthlies start selling for 5 bucks a pop?

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've basically skipped all the after death of wolverine titles... they look semi good, but not good enough to buy regularly

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Daken in pain makes me smile.

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is this basically how all of these "Death of _______" story lines are going to go now? First you have the comics that hype up the death, then you have the comics that establish the "death", and then you have the follow-up that undoes everything from the "death" part? It seems pretty obvious that in finding a way to restore their own healing factors, they're going to revive Wolverine, and they aren't even trying to hide it. And at $4 a book, that's graphic novel prices for a single 20 page issue, multiplied by however many it takes to finish this resurrection.

This seems like the go-to "death" formula for Marvel and DC now, and I'm not sure I like it.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By medulaoblaganda
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: She's beautiful, she's blue and she can turn into anyone I like.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

D@mn! Mystique is hot!

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might read this in trade if the reviews are good, to save money. No way can I afford a $4 weekly book. That's why I skipped the first issue.

Agreed, especially for a story like this. Seems a lot of people are very disinterested in this, considering you can hop over to DC or Image and get 5 books for the price of 4 Marvel books, with the same or more content that, frankly, is more worthwhile.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pikachunicorn

I'm so done with how they've messed around with characters in this whole Death of Wolverine thing. Killing off Elixir, then removing Daken's healing factor. Like, seriously, Marvel - stop. Stop screwing over my favourite characters. It all feels a little... Forced? Meaningless?

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

Be interesting to finally learn whether he can actually grow a limb back like Wade can.

Wolverine lost a hand in AoA from Cyclops and it did not grow back (maybe the adamantium prevented it from doing so?) ...

Not sure whether their healing factor works that way (i.e. Logan, Daken and their ilk). Kind of a question left unanswered.

But hey, if Logan can grow his eyes back, and if his major organs (like his heart) can get totally annihilated then reconstructed from scratch, I don't see why an appendage is any different.

That's been my argument over the years in any event.

healed1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: Except that his healing factor isn't working right now, so it won't even close.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By doombot890

@super_soldierxii: he lost his healing factor. Not sure when tho as I thought he still had the weird horseman of death powers

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: Except that his healing factor isn't working right now, so it won't even close.

@super_soldierxii: he lost his healing factor. Not sure when tho as I thought he still had the weird horseman of death powers

Ah ... I've been "skimming" recent content. Was not aware.

I realized he was no longer "blue" since his pappy died, but was not following Uncanny Avengers near the end of the arc so just figured I must have missed something there.

Feel like I've missed a chapter more than this though, that simply was not written yet perhaps (?) as I have been following enough to find it weird I missed this bit (about the Horseman change in particular and the loss of his healing factor).

Either way, sucks to be Daken.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjon: it's possible they might use this story to bring wolverine back but maybe not.

Look at Xavier, they teased him returning but nope,still dead.

They might tease it more but I like seeing these characters in the aftermath ioff Logan's death. Dakens reaction especially.

Now it could totally be sinister brings him back or maybe this was the wolverine from age of ultron but for now he's dirt.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So was Daken's change from a horseman back to normal explained?

How long can he survive with injuries like that? Seriously I'd give him 2 minutes tops before he bled out...

Why does Shogun have an exposed mouth in his otherwise full-head helmet? Maybe he just likes to smile at people?

I guess the answer is- Comics.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: ok sir. but black widow is more beautiful than her.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: no but we can guess based on Warren/Angels experience as Archangel, eventually Archangel became a seperated more aggressive personality that Warren could turn on and off at will ... Sometimes. So maybe Daken can also.

He doesn't have his healing but he still has his mutant stamina and reflexes and such so maybe that buys him more time, or at least time enough to be rescued

In other images I've seen of Shogun it looks more like a mask than a helmet wich makes sense because Shogun is a combination of Sharp a weapon x test subject and Ogun an old wolverine enemy who can transfer his conciousness into other people's body's and when he does he usually wears a kabuki mask hence the horns on Shoguns helmet/mask.

But yea comics works too

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangakid1995:

Ok thanks for the reply, the Archangel analogy helps clear it up a lot.

Ogun normally wears a Hannya or Japanese Demon (Oni) mask, I remember him with those masks, and one time when he used a mask as a vessel to capture anyone wearing it. But I had to look them up to find the name, that's when I saw they are mostly open-mouthed. Which fits perfectly with what you said. (not trying to be pedantic, just sharing what I found after you helped me out.)

I still think Daken should bleed out, but's that's more because I don't like him than anything else...

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Soule was writing the series, didn't know that we were going to jump around with multiple writers. I guess I should have known...others were writing the tie in issues.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same!! But I like Daken

He's an asshole though

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ugh.

Only thing good is that cover, and Mystique's bad_ssery.

Avatar image for deactivated-63fb498d62be5
deactivated-63fb498d62be5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikachunicorn: Exactly.

Plus, most of them are completely out of character. Those five would NEVER work together. The fans know that damn well.

First of all, please telll me, does anyone else think it's completely ridiculous how they all inexplicably lose their healing factors? Hey, it's not the car keys to lose just like that!!!

Also, what exactly is Mystique doing? She keeps talking about her destiny, but actually, she has no idea what this destiny is! And I want to speak about Daken. First of all, he's completely out of character. Alright, yes, I understand he should be somewhat changed, but what the hell is this? Where is his dark humor, where are his manipulation tricks, and most importantly, where the hell are his fighting skills? And now what, he's out from the very first issue? You take away Daken and you're leaving us Deathstrike? Are we serious here?

Sorry Marvel, no more of this for me.

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book should not be called Wolverines, find a different name Marvel. Not that the Wolverine title has not had bad periods, but this is just awful. I was very intrigued by Mystique's story line at the end of her Logan Legacy issue, but to see that this is how they are having it play out is upsetting. I have not picked up the first issue and have no intention to pick up any of this series, the story line just seems poorly written, the characters seem out of sorts and unlike themselves and while the artwork is vastly improved from the first issue it still has shortcomings and does not seem to be the most fitting for the story or characters. What makes all of this really upsetting is that I am a die-hard Wolverine fan, it was the first title I ever really followed, and I have no interest in this series. I guess that is fitting, Wolverine is dead and now I can put his story line behind me.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@pikachunicorn: Exactly.

Plus, most of them are completely out of character. Those five would NEVER work together. The fans know that damn well.

First of all, please telll me, does anyone else think it's completely ridiculous how they all inexplicably lose their healing factors? Hey, it's not the car keys to lose just like that!!!

Also, what exactly is Mystique doing? She keeps talking about her destiny, but actually, she has no idea what this destiny is! And I want to speak about Daken. First of all, he's completely out of character. Alright, yes, I understand he should be somewhat changed, but what the hell is this? Where is his dark humor, where are his manipulation tricks, and most importantly, where the hell are his fighting skills? And now what, he's out from the very first issue? You take away Daken and you're leaving us Deathstrike? Are we serious here?

Sorry Marvel, no more of this for me.

All of the above, and then some. Daken is the most painful for me in terms of characterisation. Next in line would be X-23. Then the others following very close behind.