Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

UNCANNY AVENGERS #4

(W) Rick Remender (A) Daniel Acuña (CA) Leinil Francis Yu

• Dr. Voodoo draws forth the unseen army!

• The Vision acquires his heart's desire, at the cost of all those he loves.

Rated T

Item Code: FEB150713 In Shops: 5/13/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Really? The retcon is that they were created by the High Evolutionary?

Lazy.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@jaken7: Does he always tell the truth?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

Well if he isn't, then it's just another red herring. And red herring after red herring is lazy storytelling.

So either way.

Lazy.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Remender. But the whole thing initially stunk of editorial mandate brought upon by corporate synergy, and he's not exactly doing a lot to alleviate those odors.

Besides. AXIS is over, and Secret Wars is already underway. It's time to get it over with and move on now.

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Did this get delayed or something?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The retcon is somewhat interesting(if it's even true);however, it's still not sitting right with me.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO! This is such utter crap. We get it Disney, you're pissed that Fox has the rights to X-men. So you use your tantrum to screw up the origin of three of the most interesting characters your company has. Let me guess, we'll find out they were really Inhuman children that the High Evolutionary experimented on, because everything has to be Inhumans now. What a joke.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

Man I wish Maury was here to help us figure this out. We need to find these twins parents...Pronto!!!

jowser11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they aren't Inhumans, I'm gonna laugh and point at everyone that's jumped this over-used gun.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jowser11 said:

If they aren't Inhumans, I'm gonna laugh and point at everyone that's jumped this over-used gun.

That is something Rick Remender would do just to f*** with people..........

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ChillinNKillin

This isn't Remender's fault. It's Marvel/Disney's doing.

That flashback monologue was disgusting. Do they really expect us to believe that she thought that when Mags saved her? This retcon so freaking unnecessary. Man, other than the Magneto solo, the first half of the Cyclops solo, All-New X-Factor, and Remender's X-Force, Marvel NOW has been TERRIBLE on the Mutant side for the most part. First, the pointless O5 X-Men time being brought to the present, then the giant waste of potential that was the "Revolution" and now this foolishness.

gurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gurkle

It seems to be saying that their real parents were the people who raised them, but the High Evolutionary took them, experimented on them, and gave them back to Django and Marya Maximoff.

The previous canon was that they were Magneto's children and when their mother died, the High Evolutionary gave them to the Maximoffs to raise as their own. If that sticks - and it may not - then their "adopted" parents are their real parents (and Tumblr will be appeased because the Maximoffs are Roma).

Why would the High Evolutionary make up a story about them being Magneto's children? No idea at all. Now that EVERYTHING ENDS, it may not matter.

And yes, this was delayed. This arc was supposed to be over around the time Secret Wars started, but it won't be finished until June.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Lazy.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Oh boy... everything is false....challenge the truth! This is chaotic.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

That flashback monologue was disgusting. Do they really expect us to believe that she thought that when Mags saved her? This retcon so freaking unnecessary. Man, other than the Magneto solo, the first half of the Cyclops solo, All-New X-Factor, and Remender's X-Force, Marvel NOW has been TERRIBLE on the Mutant side for the most part. First, the pointless O5 X-Men time being brought to the present, then the giant waste of potential that was the "Revolution" and now this foolishness.

No, its what she thinks about it in retrospective.

gkal_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MixMastaMicah5

This looks great, Acuna is on another level right now. And hater gonna hate as with anything else.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I really love this art!

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

High Evolutionary is awesome. One of my favorite characters and I figured they'd use him as the father/creator of the twins, made sense (watch them switch it up later lol).

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I wish Maury was here to help us figure this out. We need to find these twins parents...Pronto!!!

Maury would've wrapped this up in 20 minutes and still had time for a "My Ex refuses to pay child support for our cloned children" segment with Batman and Talia and a "I think I might have for got my marriage" with Peter Parker

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

@koays said:
@emperormeister734 said:

Maury would've wrapped this up in 20 minutes and still had time for a "My Ex refuses to pay child support for our cloned children" segment with Batman and Talia and a "I think I might have forgot my marriage" with Peter Parker

This.

On an unrelated note, it all just seems a little uninspired. Here's hoping there's more to it than, "your dad isn't Magneto, it's a neurotic mess of a guy named Herman."

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, i'm out of word. This is ridiculous ahah

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kidchipotle

@jaken7 said:

Lazy.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Definitely agree! Marvel is being really selfish to readers and fans who grew up knowing Wanda and Pietro are Magneto children. This is an attempt to make the twins not mutants in my opinion

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

Answer, he never tells the truth. He could say the sky was blue, and I wouldn't believe him.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, if it stands as is this is a lazy retcon.

Avatar image for the_greatest_username
The_Greatest_Username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This retcon is so lame. Also, given what happened in the movie, what was the point of changing Quicksilver so much?

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep it already shows that this 'stunt' they pulled will go to disappointing places.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jlarturo said:
@jaken7 said:

Lazy.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's a retcon of a retcon. The twins had High Evolutionary tied up in their origin before they were retconned as Magneto's children.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By KritikalMassX

Well, we got blindsided with these current events...Wanda and Pietro aren't mutants and they never were Inhumans. Although, this is a retcon of a retcon, so them still being a part of The High Evolutionary (since they got their powers by him) still remains intact.

peregrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 56

If Scarlet Witch isn't Magneto's daughter, then why did her own daughter Nocturne register as a descendent of Magneto? And if they are not mutants, why did Wanda's "No More Mutants" spell steal Pietro's powers?

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

take my money right now mavel, right f'n now.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they are the children of Gypsys? But then what happen to Magda?

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If Marvel goes through with a retcon, I'll be deeply disappointed. People's heads didn't explode when they found out Magneto is the father of the twins in the comics. Heck, Elizabeth Olsen mentioned it in several interviews! It's a superficially-motivated, thoughtless, and destructive alteration, it's anti-storytelling basically. Also, Wanda doesn't completely hate Magneto the way it's being depicted, even Remender himself had her say this whole inner monologue during Axis about how she has sympathy and compassion for him but that she was hurt he never changed for her. So clearly she still seeks some kind of approval from him, he's not completely EEEEEEVIL to her.

That being said, I think the High Evolutionary is lying. Here's why...

1) Why give the kids back to Marya and Django? He crushed his first daughter's skull, why was it important to spare them?

2) So, he sent Luminous after them just so she could beat them up and so he could criticize them? Please. They must be of some value to him, he could've had them killed quite easily.

3) What better way to catch the twins off guard than to taunt them with their messed up upbringing? It's always compelled them to return to Wundagore and, thus, be within proximity of the High Evolutionary.

I think it's all to do with CHTHON still.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@hexthis: hmm....good hypothesis

If Scarlet Witch isn't Magneto's daughter, then why did her own daughter Nocturne register as a descendent of Magneto? And if they are not mutants, why did Wanda's "No More Mutants" spell steal Pietro's powers?

Its Marvel. plot holes and lack of continuity is what they do best

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On other news, Luminous looks pretty boss.

his retcon so freaking unnecessary. Man, other than the Magneto solo, the first half of the Cyclops solo, All-New X-Factor, and Remender's X-Force, Marvel NOW has been TERRIBLE on the Mutant side for the most part. First, the pointless O5 X-Men time being brought to the present, then the giant waste of potential that was the "Revolution" and now this foolishness.

What are they doing to X-Men???

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then again retcons are so easy and so common and have so few lasting repercussions, why not throw this out there and see how people react and then retcon it again later?

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GREGalicious

So they are the real children of the Maximoffs?? If so, I can definitely get behind that. That's actually pretty sensible.

Or are they saying the origin we already knew is true only with the Evolutionary altering them before sending them to the Maximoffs?. If so, why didn't Wanda's spell affect Magneto??

Somethings still off. Somebody's still taking a trip down Shady Lane:/

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peregrine: Alternate reality where Wanda was his daughter. In fact she's still his daughter in every reality she was before aside from 616 and Age of Apocalypse. Still brings up a lot of other questions though.

amadeasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7:So extremely lazy. The twins have a good, exciting origin story. Making them scientific creations is just so boring.

This makes no sense. I guess it's saying they are actually the Maximoff's children, but they can't be. The Maximoffs did have two twin children before they acquired Wanda and Pietro, but they died in adolescence. And what about Magda in all this? Why does Wanda look like Magda and Pietro look like Magneto so much? Pietro's right. "Half truths and misdirection." Why not just kill them? The High Evolutionary wants them for something.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

THAT ART THO! (+)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it actually feels 100% him, maybe a little of Brevoort. And after all these efforts, in the movies the just killed Pietro off.. Haha their attempts confirmed to be absolutely pathetic.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

weak retcon even weaker to spoil it in a preview

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amadeasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888: that is exactly the reason I don't believe it. Why would they give it all away in a preview? There's more going on here. Judging by her thoughts about Magneto during the memory of first meeting him I think it explains why her spell didn't effect him. She's never accepted him as her father. She hasn't been quite as disturbed by this as Pietro has. And in the panel she accepted what the high evolutionary says immediately like she wants it to be true. There are still plenty of ways out of this. Whatever happens I hope this luminous chick dies at the end. One thing is odd though. Why would she be referred to as their sister if the twins have real parents and she is purely a creation by the high evolutionary?