Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

UNCANNY AVENGERS #2

(W) Rick Remender (A/CA) Daniel Acuña

COUNTER-EVOLUTIONARY PART 2

• Welcome to Counter-Earth, where the future of your species is being developed by crack evolutionists. A better future awaits and is only one evolutionary updated away.

• The New Men rise for what is theirs. They seek the chaos and the speed to create the true Earth, the true evolution.

• Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver discover a terrible truth about their past.

Rated T+

Item Code: DEC140859 In Shops: 2/25/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks awesome! Can't wait to read this next week. Honestly, I really like "Good-Guy Sabretooth". He was great in the first issue and looks to be just as good in this one. Hopefully, he stays this way for a while.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@maddpanda531: He's dead!! They spoiled it in this preview. Look at it, he went "PLOF!"

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FearTheLiving

I'll get around to reading this series eventually I have so many other comics on my backlog at the moment though.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: without evidence of a corpse, I'm pretty sure the presence of a "PLOF!" is suitable proof of death for a court of law!

Can anyone explain the variant cover with ol' man Rogers smearing an A across his forehead to me?

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Oh God, wait, there was a "PLOF!"? Shoot, I totally missed that! I hereby rescind any and all hopes regarding Sabretooth.

tuckboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why bother making Sabretooth a likeable character then kill him off, let alone make him a member of the Avengers and kill him in the second issue. Seems like a huge waste of time and ink to me.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have you all forgotten sebretooth has an healing factor?

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By GalacticFork

I wish they'd use the borderless art style they have on the cover in the comics, as well. So nice looking.

I really liked Sabertooth as a goodguy, shame he died so soon. Honestly, I'd have been skeptical if there was only one PLOF!, but there were two. Poor Sabertooth...

@cave_duck: Uh... If the A was red, I'd suggest he'd committed adultery, but a white A... I got nothing. Maybe it's showing how much trouble he's having letting go of being Cap?

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tuckboarder: I really hope this is sarcasm and you are in fact aware of his healing factor.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: Well... we have TWO "Ploft" in a page! I'm pretty sure that if we can find a third "Ploft", we have a legal evidence of Death!

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fiodestromus

@medulaoblaganda said:

have you all forgotten sabretooth has an healing factor?

lol

He's come back from worse than a "plof"

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing that bothers me is that now Sabertooth is seeking redemption the same way Wolverine did all those years back. You know all that "Help the good guys so I can prove I'm more than an animal" bullshit. But it's false redemption. He's not the one making the choices he's making right now, his mind was twisted so now he thinks the opposite his true self would think so his redemption is false. It's not like Sabertooth (without being manipulated) woke up one morning and told everyone "you know what? I'm kind of getting tired of this whole "being a psycho" thing, I think I'm going to try something new for once".

So what's the point? He's never going to be the new Wolverine since, at some point he'll be inverted back to who he was/really is. And then what?

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By GalacticFork

@tximinoman: That's a really good point and does make the whole thing seem a bit artificial. Though technically, he has about as much chance of being inverted again as anybody else. But yeah... I see what you mean by the redemption being false. I suppose they can sell that aspect to differentiate him from Wolverine. The self awareness that he's a fake good shadow of his evil self.

I just kinda read him as a new character wearing a Sabertooth suit.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Pfft it's only a "PLOF" it's not like it's a "FUDD". If it was then God have mercy on us all.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@maddpanda531: He's dead!! They spoiled it in this preview. Look at it, he went "PLOF!"

he went "PLOF!" twice....there is no way he could have survived this

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mcdavid
@theamazingimmortalman said:

@g_man said:

he went "PLOF!" twice....there is no way he could have survived this

Indeed.

Plus, we all know it cant get worse for a character than being on the receiving end of a "plof" attack. But TWO of them ??!!! Unthinkable.

RIP in pepperonis, Sabretooth ;_;

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:

@cave_duck: Well... we have TWO "Ploft" in a page! I'm pretty sure that if we can find a third "Ploft", we have a legal evidence of Death!

3 "plof"s can stomp TOAA and thus terminate the entire Marvel multiverse, be careful what you wish for.

hobanho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: thank you. I'm hoping some of these guys are kidding around, I'm surprised he even went "ploft". I'm assuming he says something badass next page.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This series started off with a bang. If only Axis hadn't been so mediocre...oh well. The last volume of Uncanny Avengers was great and this one looks to continue the trend.

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dredd_78

@tximinoman: I'm pretty Remender left him inverted primarily to have a proxy Wolverine to use until they bring Logan back from the dead.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I like Rick Remember, but after what he pulled with Nomad in All New Cap I feel like he might be devolving in quality to a shock value writer if what happened to Wonder Man really happened to Wonder Man.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UHypocrite

There you go! Remender is WELL known for killing characters (no surprise and what a waste indeed). I think Magneto is next once they started to ink him in that book. Shame. I'm glad I'm not even bothering with this book.

PS: It's funny that Magneto killed Sabretooth (issie #15) and here he's also got killed by someone else lol.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredd_78 said:

@tximinoman: I'm pretty Remender left him inverted primarily to have a proxy Wolverine to use until they bring Logan back from the dead.

Yep, that's what I think too. He'll do the whole 'seeking to right my wrongs' thing, until he begins to be almost likeable as a character (you know what I mean!) then, BAM!

Reverse-Inversion backwards personality thingy!!!

Then the only person able to stop this even more furious, unstoppable, etc. Sabretooth...

Is....

Stilt-Man!!!

..in case he's unavailable they'll resurrect Logan instead.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhypocrite: Please tell me you aren't serious. How could anyone actually believe Sabertooth is dead much less that they would spoil it in a preview lol. Did people really forget he has a healing factor or is your nonsensical hatred blinding you.

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is the best comic Marvel's doing imo.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The High Evolutionnary.

I always see that guy as a modern version of the Dr Moreau.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhypocrite: Please tell me you aren't serious. How could anyone actually believe Sabertooth is dead much less that they would spoil it in a preview lol. Did people really forget he has a healing factor or is your nonsensical hatred blinding you.

I don't hate Sabretooth. Obviously this was joke I'm sure he's not dead in UA, but I'm sure he's dead in the Magneto series book.......he's clearly dead.