• 73 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@matchesmalone21: Getting screwed out of your power, arm, and your birthname will do that.

I imagine that first shot's going to be the only one.

That doesn't change my opinion. Thanks.

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thiz message is more for Marvel, but I tried, and I know it's only 4 issues in, but this Female Thor just isn't working out. Thor is Thor, no matter what you do to him. She is not even a "pretender". She's just someone running around pretending to be a god hero, with Thor's hammer as her weapon. On paper, it sounds like it could be an interesting story, but so far, it's crap. Marvel is spending as much time trying to trick people into believing she's something big or important, as they are trying to get us to believe Thor is not Thor, and is a thing of the past. I just don't like it at all.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Asgaard

@matchesmalone21 said:

@zarathos022 said:

@matchesmalone21: Getting screwed out of your power, arm, and your birthname will do that.

I can't get your quotes? Aaron is writing him this way, to make him look bad and Female Thor look good, He also write Young Thor without Mjolnir and he wasn't anything like this, can't you understand that this writing still is for the Pr stunt? Since the whisper that Aaron is not writing Thor with his core essential elements.

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving this book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@zarathos022 said:

I can't get your quotes? Aaron is writing him this way, to make him look bad and Female Thor look good, He also write Young Thor without Mjolnir and he wasn't anything like this, can't you understand that this writing still is for the Pr stunt? Since the whisper that Aaron is not writing Thor with his core essential elements.

That's my opinion and you don't have to get anything from this,okay?

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant wait till this dumb storyline is over & we get the REAL Thor back. Really wish Sif or Valkyre were getting this push instead of some unknown nameless noob. Even Angela. Thor2 will be hanging out with Thunderstrike soon enough.

Really wsh these idiot comic writers will realize that Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Johnny storm were all just FLUKES. That & there was no internet, & enough time passed people forgot who the originals were. But how long was Azreal Batman? Or Artemis as Wonder woman? How long was Superman electric? You can NOT change anything nowadays in the digital era. Even Kyle & Wally are gone because people only care about the ORIGINALS.

& there is NO reason to change the meat in the suit anyway. Why create brand confusion? Comics have been around since WW2, they are the only media to be so, why change it?

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@matchesmalone21: Didn't care if it did. Of course anything you would say won't change my opinion that this series is garbage.

Have a nice day. :)

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobramorph: Sif, Valkyrie, King Thor's three grandaughters. Hell, a comic starring Enchantress would've been better than this.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

I think it's ok...

http://media.giphy.com/media/a3YeYzPL2SsEg/giphy.gif

AMajorDoubter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awe. Dudebros are so upset about their precious, little ex-Thor. That's the cutest thing.

Jason Aaron is just a brilliant writer, and continues to make his Thor run the best ongoing series. Can't wait for more and for issue after issue to continue where it's still the new Thor and all the comic fanboys just continue crying.

Continue on, Sir Aaron!

Avatar image for batmanonthemoon
BatmanOnTheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am drinking all of your tears, and they are so very sweet.

I'm greatly enjoying this book, still.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks but I know they'll make Thor lose to further solidify their current route of "new Thor is worthy, old Thor is unworthy"

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

New Thor is Agent Carter.

Avatar image for ultimategoku145
UltimateGoku145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I can't believe Thor act like this.

TheDJRedVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unworthy is right.........straight up cold-cocked a woman who was calmly talking to him,

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to see new Thor whoop old Thor. I get he's upset but he's really acting childish, not that the Odinson is known for being mature

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: to be fair they're introducing a new character I'm sure Aaron will return to his epic scope and style once he's finished establishing Thor

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Give the blonde a other name, both of them being called Thor is stupid, though I am still hoping she gives Slowdison a new one.

@ultimategoku145: What? he always the stupid Hot head. Nothing new to him.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cobramorph: Hate to break it to you but Kyle is still around.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: to be fair they're introducing a new character I'm sure Aaron will return to his epic scope and style once he's finished establishing Thor

Now, before I start, this is all IMO; like everyone I am entitled to one as is everyone else, but as a long-time Thor reader, this is my POV, & I truly don't intend to upset anyone or sway them my way, people have the right to feel the way they want, & like what they like.

That being said:

Unfortunately, I don't think he can achieve that epic scope with this character. He needs to do it with the REAL Thor. I know I sound like a broken record, but Thor is a character with unlimited potential. He not only has the Marvel lore behind him, but all the lore that can be drawn from the Norse mythology that inspired him, & the cosmology of the Nine Worlds that has been barely touched upon. There are many ideas that can be taken from the Norse eddas of old & adapted, not to mention all the cosmic stories tat can be told with Thor, & the exploration of other pantheons. That's what made Simonson's run on Thor fantastic, & what was good about Aaron's "God-Butcher" arc. With all that, writers should never run out of good ideas for Thor. He should never have to be replaced. If a writer feels that they can't tell creative, epic stories with the REAL Thor, & have to replace him, then they need to move along & let other writers take over. I hope that after Secret Wars, this is all undone & nothing but a footnote in Thor's storied history. Regardless, it will be.

I would have dealt with all this better if Aaron & Marvel editorial had been respectful not only with the character, but also to his longtime fans. I can understand them not respecting someone ranting & raving about the changes, but they have been brushing off people with genuine concerns that have portrayed their feelings in a polite manner, as I am; & they are basically told to deal with it, move on & are disrespected, much like the character of Thor himself. I've seen this happen before, with Nova Richard Rider; editor Stephen Wacker was extremely disrespectful of people writing in with polite concerns, the same with Superior Spider-Man, & Thor editorial is taking the same approach. I can accept change. Bucky Barnes as Captain America, for example, was fantastic. Dick Grayson as Batman was interesting. But they were logical, organic changes. And characters that, while having their own personalities, still were able to maintain the iconic core of the mantles they had taken on. This just feels so forced, a PR/forced diversity move. I could accept a female Thor- if the character had a warrior's heart, & understood Thor's role. For example, I would accept Sif or Valkyrie whole-heartedly, & I think they would have Thor's approval as well, & a great story could be made from that, with an inspiring woman carrying on the role & tradition of the thunder god, while the true Thor goes on an epic journey to rediscover what made him worthy in the first place...& that maybe, he was worthy all along. That would be an epic story, & one I would accept & read in its entirety. But that's not what is happening here. What I'm seeing here, from my Thor fan's perspective, is flash & substance with the mysterious new lead, "meh" storylines & the noble character of Thor being totally deconstructed. Actually, it looks worse than that, in my eyes it looks like Marvel has turned Thor into their whipping boy, when, along with Cap & IM, he should be one of their golden boys.

Right now, comic companies & their disregard for history, continuity, the characters themselves, & most of all the feelings of the long-time, loyal readership(which is comics' true life's blood) is what is really bugging me about the industry. I've been a Thor fan my entire life, through thick & thin, never dropped the book once, even during the turbulent late 90's- & this is the first time I have totally dropped the book. That alone speaks volumes.

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Winter_Kills

@winter_kills Epic post!

Thanks brother. Just the words of a long-time Thor fan- I've honestly been fascinated with the character since I saw a stack of old 60s-era comics in my dad's closet at age 3. I mean classic Journey into Mystery stuff, old Tales of Suspense Iron Man, things like that. It inspired me to want to read & Thor's been a constant, through good times & bad- but this- this is just too much. I just wanted to speak out on behalf of all the longtime Thor fans who feel, well, screwed, & that their hero has become a whipping boy & his legacy trod over, & that the book is FAR from what it should be. Thor should always be filled with epic stories- but this- it's just such a huge drop in quality from T:GOT, & the mishandling of Thor is absolutely appalling. It truly made me drop the book for the first time. This is what Marvel is doing to their long-time, loyal readers- alienating them with these obvious PR attention grabbing maneuvers- & I may be optimistic here- but I'm hoping Secret Wars changes that. Hoping, but not counting on it. Truthfully, every time I see a preview for the new "Thor", & check it out on here just to get an idea what's going on, I feel like this:

No Caption Provided