• 51 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Ross Campbell (TMNT MICRO: LEONARDO, GLORY) returns as the issue marks the beginning of a new story arc and great jumping on point.

No Caption Provided

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #29

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Ross Campbell (a) • Campbell, Eastman (c)

Recovering from the events of City Fall, the Turtles seek sanctuary in the countryside. They bring with them new questions, tension within the family — and a stowaway! Don’t miss this first issue of the newest TMNT arc, “Northampton”!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The art is just awful. Whoever thought hiring that artist was a good idea needs to get fired.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I prefer the art during City Fall, but TMNT has been so awesome that won't deter me. The cover reminds me of the first TMNT movie at the farm. Except it's Raph who's beaten up, not Leo searching to find himself. Maybe it's just me, but the influence seems like it there.

Can't wait!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I prefer the art during City Fall, but TMNT has been so awesome that won't deter me. The cover reminds me of the first TMNT movie at the farm. Except it's Raph who's beaten up, not Leo searching to find himself. Maybe it's just me, but the influence seems like it there.

Can't wait!

in the original comic it was Leonardo who was beaten by the Shredder instead of Raphael...not sure why they changed it for the movie

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@granitesoldier said:

Can't wait!

in the original comic it was Leonardo who was beaten by the Shredder instead of Raphael...not sure why they changed it for the movie

I did not know that, then perhaps it's a throwback to that and I stand corrected. Or maybe partially corrected. Don't know, either way I can see that past influence.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking what I see. I hope this arc is as great as the rest of IDW's TMNT has been.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xblah_blahx

Ross Campbell's art is definitely not as good Mateus Santolouco (City Fall) or Dan Duncan (issues 1-12) but it's tolerable. I actually enjoy seeing all the different artists takes on the turtles.

Looking forward to see where things go after City Fall. I've bee on board with this series since the beginning and it has yet to disappoint.

Hmmm....wonder who the stowaway is?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NightFang3

The art could be better.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@granitesoldier said:

Can't wait!

In the 2003 show it was Leo who got beat up as well, but I like Raph getting beat up more

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

You pepole have bad taste, that art is amazing.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll warm up to art since it's little bit softer than in City Fall. It might actually work better for now at least since the turtles are out in the country and not somewhere gritty

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By longbowhunter
spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the art. However, Casey Jones kinda looks like Jackie Chan from the animated series here ;P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hold up - people don't like this art?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art looks gorgeous.

Kelevra216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I agree. I think the art is amazing too. I can't wait to jump in on this!

I won't say they have bad taste but I can't see what they're seeing. I haven't read City Fall or any since the start but I can the art could be used as a portray of the moments. Like, I saw City Fall's art and it was gritty and rough. Appropriate for war time. The art here looks a little smooth, calming and pleasing.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll buy it an hope the story keeps the constant quality it's had from the first issue. But then it's going to be another example of "good story saved this comic from crappy art"

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@crom_cruach: the art isn't crap, you just don't like it, there is a difference

Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this art. Ross Campbell's style looks good on this title in my opinion.

I liked his art in the Leo issue of the Micro-Series too.

I'm always hesitant to say art is "bad". Just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean it's bad. They just don't like it. If Campbell was trying to draw Leo, and it didn't resemble a turtle, then maybe I'd say it was bad. But this is not "bad" art.

Sometimes I like to see some switch-ups with an art team anyway. It can help keep things fresh.

And I'm sure Mateus will be back eventually.

In the back of issue 28: "We're also changing artists for the arc to give Mateus a break. I hope you'll join me in welcoming Ross Campbell."

Sounds like he'll be back. But for right now, I think I'm going to enjoy Ross Campbell's art. :)

infernopig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By infernopig

I like how the turtles look but casey and april look like shit. especially april, why'd he make her so chunky..?

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

been waiting for a jumping on point, i'm there... when does it come out?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This art looks like shit. No way am I buying this!

RybackStun93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually REALLY like the art style here. It gives off a sense of peacefulness, which is interesting given what the Turtles have gone through in this series. I can see how certain people may dislike the style, but it isn't "shit" by any means.

I really need to go and pick up the trades for this series, I've always heard it's been great, and I've been following it for a while, just not reading the issues :/

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By manwithoutshame

Turtle Power!

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey! That barn was there in the TMNT cartoon.... the 2002 one.

Whats the significance of it?

Carolina574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think the art suits the tone of the story well

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey! That barn was there in the TMNT cartoon.... the 2002 one.

Whats the significance of it?

It was also in the 1990 TMNT movie.

Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Caladorcp

@jonny_anonymous said:

@crom_cruach: the art isn't crap, you just don't like it, there is a difference

We'll have to disagree.

I guess you have the right to disagree...

But keep in mind, Campbell is drawing that way purposely. He means it too look like that, so it really isn't crap. He succeeded in making it look that way, therefore, he did a really good job. Just because you don't like his art, doesn't mean it's bad.

ReverendHunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

While I do prefer this sort of art for Campbell's turtles, there is nothing wrong with what he's doing with the IDW art. I really don't think there's ever been an artist change with this series that hasn't had people reacting with overwhelming hate. While it's definitely impossible to please everyone, some of the comments have bordered on ignorance or malice that is definitely unwarranted.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

You pepole have bad taste, that art is amazing.

The art looks gorgeous.

@xwraith said:

Hold up - people don't like this art?

I know right? I love the art here. I was surprised to see so many people are not liking the art after reading the comments.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I can definitely dig the new art but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss Santolouco's art.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. I haven't been following this series but this REALLY reminds me of the first major Shredder arc from the original Mirage series (no including the first issue where Shredder dies). In fact now that I think about it, even the title "City Fall" sounds familiar.

TasmanianGecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TasmanianGecko

The art isn't bad, but it's not as good as what came before, at least in my opinion.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But keep in mind, Campbell is drawing that way purposely. He means it too look like that, so it really isn't crap. He succeeded in making it look that way, therefore, he did a really good job. Just because you don't like his art, doesn't mean it's bad.

Succeeding at making something bad does not make it good.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. I haven't been following this series but this REALLY reminds me of the first major Shredder arc from the original Mirage series (no including the first issue where Shredder dies). In fact now that I think about it, even the title "City Fall" sounds familiar.

the last arc of the first Mirage volume was called City at War

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

The art is just awful. Whoever thought hiring that artist was a good idea needs to get fired.

no way. This art is gorgeous!

I was just saying that I haven't bought a 'ninja turtles comic in more than 20 years, and this preview just made me decide to remedy that. I'll definitely be checking this book out for the art.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah...I need to start reading TMNT.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tupiaz

@onemoreposter said:

They have rebooted the series so they are retelling the old stories. However they have now twisted and taken in characters from the adventures comic (Archie) and the 1987 series and the 2003 series mixing it all together and make a new series. For instance the Neutrinos, Krang, Hun, Rocksteady and Beebop is a part of the story which they haven't been before.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz: Ahh, that makes sense, and is kind of a fun idea. The arc I was thinking of by the way was Return to New York which included all that clone worm Shredder crazyness/awesomeness. The similarly titled arc i was thinking of is the massive 13 par City at War and he last arc in the original Mirage series.

Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caladorcp said:

Succeeding at making something bad does not make it good.

Whatever man...be a-hole then. I don't care. You're still wrong.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO the art is F'ing lame.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is up to issue 29 already?! Dammit, I've been telling myself for almost a year that I'm going to catch-up with this series and I still haven't. The hell is wrong with me?

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@crom_cruach: Have you read the series? There has been much worse art than this, specifically Andy Kuhn's art from the Slash arc and the Mikey Micro. The innocent look to the Turtles fits with the tone of the arc. I would prefer Santolouco's or Duncan's art but the story will be strong enough to carry the book.

Damian_Arrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Damian_Arrows

the art pleasantly adds to the country life scenery. i can't wait to continue the story.

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't believe people are hating on the art it looks great to me. When I saw the cover art I thought that's awesome if the interior arts the same I'll be getting my first turtles comic in like 20 plus years. And I will be.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Is this series any good? I've recently become obsessed with the new cartoon so I'm interested in checking this out. Also I really like the art on this issue, it's really solid. Good energy, detail, character, and compositions.