• 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by G-Man (37031 posts) - - Show Bio

There's been some complaints about Joker being everywhere taking on the entire Bat-Family in the Death of the Family issues. What was great about the TEEN TITANS and RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS issues is Joker brought both Tim and Jason to the same place. The end of the story is near and we got an exclusive preview for TEEN TITANS #16 to see what the final phase to Joker's plan is.

And check out the solicit to see who's "returning."

TEEN TITANS #16

A “DEATH OF THE FAMILY” tie-in!
• Our heroes learn a lesson they’ll never forget as Arsenal takes control in Red Robin’s absence!
• Mirroring the events of RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #16, Jason Todd and Tim Drake must rely on each other to survive The Joker’s attack!
• Plus: It’s the return of Raven!

Written by: Scott Lobdell

Art by: Brett Booth

Cover by: Brett Booth

Variant Cover by: Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Jan 30 2013

You can click each page to enlarge.

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by livlig (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood & The Outlaws #16 was terrible, but this actually looks neat.

#2 Posted by Outside_85 (9656 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna have to buy this I suppose.

#3 Posted by luisaraujo (10 posts) - - Show Bio

"to see what the final phase to Joker's plan is."

no we wont.. it will just be another filler story to confuse the timing of the whole DOTF story where joker is everywhere..and knows everything without any explanation.. then probably have then whole tray serving thing and "REVEALED next on batman 17.." in the last page im loving batman and this arc but had just about enough of these tie inns..i would understand if they were crucial to the story..but just sounds like DC greed to me.. anyway bring on issue 17!!

#4 Posted by cacarl (138 posts) - - Show Bio

At least the art is all right ( I'm looking at you RHATO).

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

im a bit suprised he refered to jason as the closest thing he has to a brother

#6 Posted by Mini_Bat (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess I'm getting this, I read all the other issues, god hopes he finishes strong

#7 Posted by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand what is Starfire wearing anymore xD Between TT and RHATO in the same scene i saw her with ... what. Three different costumes. Anyway, Red Hood & The Outlaws #16 was lame, but the art here look quite beautiful and.. interesting. I'll be waiting for this issue.

#8 Posted by NightFang (10150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

im a bit surprised he referred to Jason as the closest thing he has to a brother

I guess that means Tim and Jason where closer in the New 52?

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang: probely. I can think of a few fans that wont be to happy at this :P

#10 Posted by zachkastner (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Well dang, Brett Booth is killing it on the art! Jason's helmet design is looking wonderful

#11 Posted by csguterres (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Raven? Raven Raven?

#12 Posted by dondave (38636 posts) - - Show Bio

@zachkastner said:

Well dang, Brett Booth is killing it on the art! Jason's helmet design is looking wonderful

QFT

#13 Posted by ccraft (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

@WonderHunter: I like it when a character gets more than one costume, plus she a girl it makes more sense, fashion and whatnot.

#14 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Skipping this. Tied to terrible issues that came before and it's Scott Lobdell.

#15 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@Z3RO180 said:

im a bit surprised he referred to Jason as the closest thing he has to a brother

I guess that means Tim and Jason where closer in the New 52?

I remember Tim and him had a little breakfast on Red Hood and the Outlaws #8 seems like they have a nice brother relationship.

#16 Posted by CitizenJP (605 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker you so evil :O

#17 Posted by kalorama (37 posts) - - Show Bio

That whole "like brothers" thing between Tim and Jason makes no sense, esp. when he follows it up by saying they haven't talked much since Jason came back from the dead. Given that Tim didn't become Batman's partner until after Jason died, they couldn't have bonded over being members of that "exclusive club" before then. And if they haven't talked much since Jason came back, when did they have a chance to form this brotherly relationship?

#18 Posted by ME24601 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

DC really needs to hire a new writer for Teen Titans...

#19 Posted by Portimion (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! I knew Raven was coming back since issue 1

#20 Posted by Nightwing28710 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who hates how Booth draws faces?

#21 Posted by theOVOXO (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for Raven!

#22 Posted by VioletPhoenix (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold the phone..Jason and Tim were close before Jason's death? It that possible? Since they wouldn't have met as simultaneous Robins (Red or otherwise), since Tim replaced Jason when Jason died how were they close or how did they even know each other? Someone get Dick Grayson on the line to clear this up.

#23 Posted by wessaari (630 posts) - - Show Bio

the brother thing should refer to Dick, they were close. But even so, these two have had nice moments. Booth's art is awesome, and ya his faces are similair but it still looks freaking awesome. This has so much more promise than RHTO 16, and id rather have Booth draw up a Tim and Jason team up than Green, no offense but Booth draws so smoothly and detailed. Lobdell, dont let us down :P

#24 Posted by Outside_85 (9656 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont really understand either why the Bat-office (or Lobdell, since he's the only one who's done it so far) is trying to establish Tim as a sort of outcast on par with Jason within the Bat-clan while apparently only Dick and Damian are considered 'proper' Robins (even if one of them is a mass murderer) :S

#25 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Tim wearing his old Robin costume at the end of last issue?

#26 Posted by RedRobin183 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

Wasn't Tim wearing his old Robin costume at the end of last issue?

Yes. When he arrived in Gotham he was wearing his New 52 suit, then he was somehow kidnapped and stripped and put into his One Year Later suit and now he's back in his New 52 suit.

#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (12162 posts) - - Show Bio

@livlig said:

Red Hood & The Outlaws #16 was terrible, but this actually looks neat.

I agree

#28 Posted by BR_Havoc (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright I am going to say this and sorry if its not popular but Death in the Family started off and it was really interesting but with nothing but cross over to cross over. I am sick of seeing the Joker and I feel the over exposure of the character is hurting the core story.

#29 Posted by NightFang (10150 posts) - - Show Bio

@BR_Havoc said:

Alright I am going to say this and sorry if its not popular but Death in the Family started off and it was really interesting but with nothing but cross over to cross over. I am sick of seeing the Joker and I feel the over exposure of the character is hurting the core story.

Okay I can give you the Death of the Family is drawn out, but you can always skip the tin-ins and read the mean Batman. And how can the Joker be overused when he's the main villain of the event.

#30 Posted by BR_Havoc (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@BR_Havoc said:

Alright I am going to say this and sorry if its not popular but Death in the Family started off and it was really interesting but with nothing but cross over to cross over. I am sick of seeing the Joker and I feel the over exposure of the character is hurting the core story.

Okay I can give you the Death of the Family is drawn out, but you can always skip the tin-ins and read the mean Batman. And how can the Joker be overused when he's the main villain of the event.

What I meant by over used is he is in every damn tie in. I understand with Court of Owls there where many Talons it made sense. The Joker is one man yet he managed to fight Batman then Robin then Batgirl of coarse Harley and now Tim and Jason. This Story needed to stay in the pages of Batman and have limited cross overs but that went out the window with the theory of how one single man can be in 15 places at once.

#31 Posted by Pixel_Kaiser (95 posts) - - Show Bio

God, this script is gibberish. What nonsense. It's like he's literally just writing to fill up the pages and nothing more. Joker sounds like he's acting in a high school play; weird flowery dialogue.

#32 Edited by slade_wilson (563 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing28710 said:

Am I the only one who hates how Booth draws faces?

No you are not. I despise his faces. Also Andrew Dalhouse should be banned from doing colors. Everything is not a pastel!

#33 Edited by CircularLogic (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Why... Why do you keep giving Scott Lobdell work... I would much rather see Jeff Lemire tackle Raven in JLD, he kills in on supernatural characters.

#34 Posted by jwalser3 (5194 posts) - - Show Bio

@luisaraujo said:

"to see what the final phase to Joker's plan is."

no we wont.. it will just be another filler story to confuse the timing of the whole DOTF story where joker is everywhere..and knows everything without any explanation.. then probably have then whole tray serving thing and "REVEALED next on batman 17.." in the last page im loving batman and this arc but had just about enough of these tie inns..i would understand if they were crucial to the story..but just sounds like DC greed to me.. anyway bring on issue 17!!

QFT

#35 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@ME24601 said:

DC really needs to hire a new writer for Teen Titans...

This.

#36 Posted by Vitacura (89 posts) - - Show Bio

There goes Dick and Tim relationship. I guess Lobdell really can’t build a character without cannibalize another.

And is to much to ask him to remember he changed Tim’s uniform the pass issue, or is the point that the Joker hadschanged Tim’s clothes three times?

#37 Posted by MightyMODOK (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read any of the 'Death of the Family ' series yet. In fact I've barely read any of the new 52.

#38 Posted by zyzyx (16 posts) - - Show Bio

so, wait, was joker ever red hood then? the way he says it, it seems that he wasn't but clearly was in a previous batman book. Wonder if that was a mix up.

#39 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

As a fan of RHatO, I'm just hoping this is the issue that the last RHatO should have been. Because for all the flak Lobdell gets about his Teen Titans run, I've honestly loved the Outlaws, and their last book was pretty much all Titans. So yeah...hope this ends up being more like a Red Hood book, in content and quality.

#40 Posted by HollowPrince665 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna skip all this because 1) I'm a poor college student 2) The only DC title I follow with single issues is talon and 3) I'll just buy the TPB or HC whenever it comes out.

#41 Posted by JairamGanpat (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@MightyMODOK said:

I haven't read any of the 'Death of the Family ' series yet. In fact I've barely read any of the new 52.

count yourself lucky. go buy some Image comics.

#42 Posted by soumya (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@BR_Havoc said:

@NightFang said:

@BR_Havoc said:

Alright I am going to say this and sorry if its not popular but Death in the Family started off and it was really interesting but with nothing but cross over to cross over. I am sick of seeing the Joker and I feel the over exposure of the character is hurting the core story.

Okay I can give you the Death of the Family is drawn out, but you can always skip the tin-ins and read the mean Batman. And how can the Joker be overused when he's the main villain of the event.

What I meant by over used is he is in every damn tie in. I understand with Court of Owls there where many Talons it made sense. The Joker is one man yet he managed to fight Batman then Robin then Batgirl of coarse Harley and now Tim and Jason. This Story needed to stay in the pages of Batman and have limited cross overs but that went out the window with the theory of how one single man can be in 15 places at once.

I agree with you.At least catwoman and suicide squad were not supposed to be the cross over.The Batgirl story is lame in the "tie-ins".The only good things came out in the main Batman titles and the nightwing titles(well,in horror kind of way)...

#43 Posted by soumya (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Booth's pencil is great,..hands down.Hope he made a decent job on Raven..

#44 Posted by NightFang (10150 posts) - - Show Bio

@soumya said:

@BR_Havoc said:

@NightFang said:

@BR_Havoc said:

Alright I am going to say this and sorry if its not popular but Death in the Family started off and it was really interesting but with nothing but cross over to cross over. I am sick of seeing the Joker and I feel the over exposure of the character is hurting the core story.

Okay I can give you the Death of the Family is drawn out, but you can always skip the tin-ins and read the mean Batman. And how can the Joker be overused when he's the main villain of the event.

What I meant by over used is he is in every damn tie in. I understand with Court of Owls there where many Talons it made sense. The Joker is one man yet he managed to fight Batman then Robin then Batgirl of coarse Harley and now Tim and Jason. This Story needed to stay in the pages of Batman and have limited cross overs but that went out the window with the theory of how one single man can be in 15 places at once.

I agree with you.At least Catwoman and suicide squad were not supposed to be the cross over.The Batgirl story is lame in the "tie-ins".The only good things came out in the main Batman titles and the Nightwing titles(well,in horror kind of way)...

This is the thing I don't get. Batman can be in multiple books, but nobody says a thing, Joker does it and he becomes overused.

#45 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@JairamGanpat: for even less continuity? f u, hipster!

#46 Posted by Catsnlynne (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Please enough with the Joker already.

#47 Posted by RoastedRay (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this has been a great overlapping Bat story. To everyone getting your panties in a bunch about Joker being all over Gotham 1.) It's a comic book guys it doens't need fit perfect in the world it's called suspension of disbelief. 2.) This whole time line could be taking weeks for all we know and he has had people longer than others. Great story also super pumped to see Raven!

#48 Posted by entee (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing28710 said:

Am I the only one who hates how Booth draws faces?

Nope, I'm not a big fan of his art either. I wonder how his art would look like with thicker inks, cuz the way it is now isn't very eye-appealing

#49 Posted by JairamGanpat (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

@JairamGanpat: for even less continuity? f u, hipster!

Can you give me an example where Image has poor continuity?

I take hipster as a compliment.

#50 Posted by Nwing77 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

This is such idiot writing. How could they not talk much post-resurrection and yet be close as brothers? Its not like Tim was around pre-resurrection. ?????????