Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By FoxxFireArt

@Zeeguy91 said:

@RedOwl_1 said:

@FoxxFireArt said:

Who offers an expensive dinner to someone they aren't dating just because they didn't pick up their sister? Jonathan Carroll can not get run over by a bus soon enough for me.

I thought the same...... "Oh my.... what a horrible punishment!!! An expensive dinner with Lois and his sister!!!...... oh yes and that other guy too"

I think the punishment is that Clark has to PAY for the dinner they're having.

That's more what I was talking about. If she's not his wife or girlfriend, why is Clark paying for an expensive dinner just for not picking up her sister?

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By LordRequiem

Oooh is it Parasite? Or has he already been introduced?

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Zeeguy91

@FoxxFireArt: Because Lois is his friend and he had "promised" to pick up Lucy. Don't you ever have to make something up to one of your friends when you haven't come through on something that you promised?

Metron144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Metron144

Am I the only person that can't stand jurgens or perez?! I could tell right away that jurgens drew the cover. Look at the waist area and how the legs are just kind of stuck to them instead of being a part of the torso. Perez and Jurgens, both have no evolved their drawing styles one bit. It's like they think it's still 1992. Everything from their art and writing just feels corny. Maybe we can get Geoff Johns to write superman also?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Lvenger

@Metron144 said:

Am I the only person that can't stand jurgens or perez?! I could tell right away that jurgens drew the cover. Look at the waist area and how the legs are just kind of stuck to them instead of being a part of the torso. Perez and Jurgens, both have no evolved their drawing styles one bit. It's like they think it's still 1992. Everything from their art and writing just feels corny. Maybe we can get Geoff Johns to write superman also?

Fortunately you're not the only one. Jurgens' art isn't at its best at the moment and his writing's even worse. I would like to see Johns write Superman but given his committment to Justice League, Green Lantern and Aquaman, that's doubtful. Personally I'd quite like Joe Kelly back as a Superman writer.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By FoxxFireArt

@Zeeguy91 said:

@FoxxFireArt: Because Lois is his friend and he had "promised" to pick up Lucy. Don't you ever have to make something up to one of your friends when you haven't come through on something that you promised?

Yes, but I don't take them out to an expensive restaurant for something as minor as not picking up their sister. Something that small is more paying for lunch. It's not as if she's a ten year old kid who could get lost. She's a grown woman who could order a taxi or rent a car.

Lois is the head of a major news broadcast. She should never of had Clark do it to begin with if it was so important. She should of sent a driver specifically to her get, called a taxi, or sent "her boyfriend" to pick her up. Clark is her friend. Not her servant.

Then she's having him pay for both her sister and her douche boyfriend. That's not how you treat a friend, and no man should put up with that.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By KainScion

my god 11 issues and they are still on the suit. what cr"p!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By TDK_1997

I can't understand why does the Superman ongoing still sucks so much.

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By maxicere

Superman died when "the poop 52" started. Hate you DC..

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By Mbecks14

Love the art but i'm not even picking up the book and i'm bored with the story

Not sure how i feel about the lobdell take over since i don't like him or his work

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By RedOwl_1

@Zeeguy91: O.O WORST POSSIBLE THING EVER, now you put it that way sounds like a horrible punishment

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By Omega-Man

@SandMan_:

Really I've liked Superman comics and for better or worse I still get it. But really as I said it's really slow, its still MUCH better than Grounded the art and the story sucked in that series. But it's DC's Editor, how can you write back story to a character in real time and still do current stories in real time also? 'Superman comics' writers have no idea what villains Action will be using or what characters in general. So Superman comics will suffer obviously due to not knowing about what happends 5 years previous to the character and the cast.

Like Action comics declaring Clark Kent is dead yet Superman is Clark Kent in Superman comics. They must have a really good story on how to bring Superman's alter ego back from the dead in Action comics for it to be compatible with Superman comics. The only reason why Batman's comics have done well is because none of them are linked in that way they are all their own stories and free to do whatever they want if it's bad or good.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SandMan_
@Omega-Man said:

@SandMan_:

Really I've liked Superman comics and for better or worse I still get it. But really as I said it's really slow, its still MUCH better than Grounded the art and the story sucked in that series. But it's DC's Editor, how can you write back story to a character in real time and still do current stories in real time also? 'Superman comics' writers have no idea what villains Action will be using or what characters in general. So Superman comics will suffer obviously due to not knowing about what happends 5 years previous to the character and the cast.

Like Action comics declaring Clark Kent is dead yet Superman is Clark Kent in Superman comics. They must have a really good story on how to bring Superman's alter ego back from the dead in Action comics for it to be compatible with Superman comics. The only reason why Batman's comics have done well is because none of them are linked in that way they are all their own stories and free to do whatever they want if it's bad or good.

That's the problem. The Superman title makes everything in Action irrelevant.
ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ahgunsillyo

I can't say I like the whole super-techy costume that forms when he taps the S-shield on his chest or what have you. I think there's some merit in it just being a simple costume. I'm mostly fine with the design (I think it could use more yellow, especially in the belt, and I don't know why the S-shield on the cape is black instead of yellow), but the concept and logic behind it seems a bit overcomplicated.

That said, I'm actually excited for when Lobdell and Rocafort take over. I like Rocafort's art quite a bit. Hopefully, Lobdell doesn't make it too weird or change too many things; I stopped reading most of his other stuff because it got too complicated too fast (like the stuff with "The Culling" and N.O.W.H.E.R.E.), and I really not a fan of Tim Drake never having been a Robin and going straight to the "Red Robin" status.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Smurfboy

It's not bad thus far. I'm not digging Superman's clothes, though (just my opinion). Nothing beat the old-but-goodie classic Superman clothes. :)

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bladewolf

I actually have enjoyed this series since issue #1. I don't think it's amazing, but it's a good read. I think things will improve a lot once the creative team shifts again; stability is important for a series.

petes12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By petes12

even with merino covering it up they really shouldn't let jurgens draw anything :/

or write obviously

with lobdell who knows... i mean i heard what he said about his ideas for the characters, and that actually sounds like some good ideas. but he's not exactly good at pulling off cohesive story arcs. and god, the bad guys he made up for tt...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SandMan_
@Glitch_Spawn: lol. It can't be worse than it already is right?
SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SandMan_
@Glitch_Spawn: The story :P
RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By RedQueen

This title needs that new creative team..urgently.

xer789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By xer789

as Eddie implied I'm blown away that a person able to profit $7977 in four weeks on the internet. did you look at this site NuttyRichdotcom

sohanlon07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By sohanlon07

This issue was very, very dull. Superman just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Maybe it has lost its steam altogether.