Posted by G-Man (30656 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time for Superboy to figure out what he's going to do with his life. He's spent what little of it there's been locked in a laboratory or as a pawn of N.O.W.W.H.E.R.E. Now that he's become more aware of what the world is really like, partly due to his experience with the Teen Titans, it's time to make some decisions. Of course there will some evil mischief abound that will require his attention. Luckily he won't have to deal with it alone.

Check out our exclusive preview of SUPERBOY #11 courtesy of DC Comics.

SUPERBOY’S spent his whole short life in the clutches of N.O.W.H.E.R.E. – so now that he’s free, where will he live? How about NEW YORK CITY? • Guest-starring TEEN TITANS teammate BUNKER as they try to stop the rampage of the monstrous DETRITUS!

Written by Scott Lobdell and Tom DeFalco

Art by RB Silva

Cover by Scott Clark and Dave Beaty

On sale July 11, 2012

(click to enlarge)

Staff
#1 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see Detritus again.

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it! Superboy I have had since #1 last year and I still think its going strong. Nice little preview and it definitely makes me look forward ahead to what I have yet to read! :)

#3 Posted by BurnSide (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped it because of the art. I really like lobdell but the art in this series has been bugging me since issue 1 one. :(

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

While some have been disappointed with this title I am loving it. 
Can't wait.

#5 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive only been reading on and off issues here and there. but it looks like a series I might start getting into fully... maybe.

#6 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPERBOOOOOYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOy

#7 Edited by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving this series. It has only gotten better over time.

#8 Posted by Lvenger (18394 posts) - - Show Bio

When's he going to meet Superman? This direction the title's taking away from the Superman family bugs me a bit. I mean we were promised a Superman family crossover but the Green Lantern titles get one before we even see a Superman family crossover.

#9 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

When's he going to meet Superman? This direction the title's taking away from the Superman family bugs me a bit. I mean we were promised a Superman family crossover but the Green Lantern titles get one before we even see a Superman family crossover.

It'll happen eventually. He already met Supergirl, as I'm sure you know. And with Lobdell moving to Superman soon, it's pretty much a given they'll cross over.

#10 Posted by garrison12795 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

The Teen Titans members look so much cooler when they're not drawn by Brett Booth.

#11 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

The moment he meets superman is the issue to look out for. Everyone wants to read that issue. I think its great that Kon is being established as a hero, much like Kara and not just a variation of Superman.

Kon would eventually work together with Kal, but it wouldn't be much of an impact if they decided to randomly meet up. Setting their first appearance for the crossover is a good move.

#12 Posted by Dernman (14755 posts) - - Show Bio

Not liking the art.

#13 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

seems fun

#14 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there official word yet on if Lobdell is leaving Superboy when he takes over Superman? DeFalco keeps co-writing the series and has solo writer credits on issues 12 and 0.

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at the -outside of the japanese manga I read in the library.

#16 Edited by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not liking the Art Style, but that's just me. Plus am I the only one who likes Brett Booth's art on Teen Titans?

#17 Posted by Zoch81 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving this series can't wait for Superboy looks like it going to be fun.

#18 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad said:

@Lvenger said:

It'll happen eventually. He already met Supergirl, as I'm sure you know. And with Lobdell moving to Superman soon, it's pretty much a given they'll cross over.

Don't wait at least past issue 15, trust me

#19 Posted by gabisalamoni (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@Suprman: I love it. Plus, I think is way better than this one. But maybe is just a matter of which style one likes better.

#20 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

@BurnSide: Oh, boy, you're right...

#21 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

superboy's hair bothers me.... the rest of the art is actually ok.

#22 Posted by emirblade (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha!, the bald guy at the last page has the hots for bunker.

#23 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Bunker, but he seems like one of those characters that won't be around for a while -- like those characters from Young Justice like Secret. There are so many forgotten teen heroes.

#24 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

So Superboy reads manga? Awesome.

#25 Posted by Riddler010 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't superboy look like he does on the cover, instead of the wimpy hairdo on the panels?

#26 Posted by sentryman555 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Been loving this series since issue one. What's bothering me is Superboy had a huge fight in new york and doesn't bother putting on a disguise. He's wearing street clothes but he doesn't have a mask or anything when he fights and in his street clothes he's showing off his S tattoo. Also it looked like him and Bunker changed right there on the sidewalk.

#27 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

I like Bunker, but he seems like one of those characters that won't be around for a while -- like those characters from Young Justice like Secret. There are so many forgotten teen heroes.

As long as Scott is writing the book, Bunker would be in Teen Titans.

#29 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

mmmm this writer is supposed to take over Superman...i dont think he's going to do good there.judging from this writing but kenneth rocafort (or whatever his name is) will do good on art duties. oh well i dont care i read Action Comics anyway. wayyy better series than superman

#30 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Detritus? Why is the Discworld Troll fighting Superboy and Bunker? LOL

#31 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

I must admit to loving Superboy's new red and black costume! I'll be disappointed if it changes once he's free or what have you.

#32 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the Superboy series, the only thing Im looking forward to more than getting this issue and the one after, is getting the 0 issue. :D

#33 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio

This series is awesome! Love the Superboy.

#34 Posted by LeaderVladimir (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad: Well, Supergirl did tell Superman that he has a clone.

#35 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

LOL at the -outside of the japanese manga I read in the library.

I LOLed too

#36 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Bunker wins.

#37 Posted by Scike_K (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I just....I just don't like Superboy's design. I really wish they'd go back to the black leather coat and fade haircut...THAT was Superboy.

#38 Posted by That60sGuy (286 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't impressed with the dialogue in this issue. I was going to buy all the issues from #1 on Comixology but think I'll take Superboy off my New 52 pull list now.

#39 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

@That60sGuy said:

I wasn't impressed with the dialogue in this issue. I was going to buy all the issues from #1 on Comixology but think I'll take Superboy off my New 52 pull list now.

i already did. They took his character away and moved his life progression back about 10 years. And now there are no Kents to raise him either, so theres even less of a reason for him to carry that S on his chest. Superman didnt start looking at him as family until he moved him in with his parents.

The new 52 only makes sense for the characters of the Justice League. Almost every other character is getting screwed.

#40 Posted by andyjy (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Suprman: I don't hate the art in Superboy, but I definitely love Brett Booth's art style in Teen Titans...

(I also really didn't mind the gratuitous skin we got in issue 10 of Titans hehe)