Exclusive Preview: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #254

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

If you've been keeping up with the SONIC comics, you know some big things have been happening. After the crossover with Mega Man, Sonic has discovered his world isn't quite the same as it was before. You can check out our interview with writer Ian Flynn to find out more. You can also check out this exclusive preview for this week's issue.

No Caption Provided

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #254

"Countdown to Chaos" Part Two: The long-awaited debut of the NEW Freedom Fighters CONTINUES! The mysteries deepen as Sonic and Tails find their long lost pal Antoine! But what is the state of our formerly fallen fellow freedom fighter? What has Uncle Chuck's research uncovered about the nature of the dark power they’ve found seeping from the earth? And an unlikely return of a character you won’t expect alongside Uncle Chuck! PLUS—Eggman versus G.U.N.! The prize: Eggman’s life! The action rolls on, featuring new cover art from Sonic art superstar Ben Bates, which connects with the other “Countdown to Chaos” covers to form one giant image of awesomeness!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Tracy Yardley, Lamar Wells, Terry Austin, John Workman, and Matt Herms.

Cover: Ben Bates

SEGA Variant Cover, with Vincent Lovallo

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 10/30

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pixel_Kaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Lookin' good. I, for one, am really enjoying this semi-reboot. Cleans out a lot of the dopier aspects of the Archieverse, and brings it closer to the SEGA continuity. I love little touches like designating that they're on Westside Island, for example.

Glad to see Comic Vine is continuing to feature Sonic and Mega Man stuff, too.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Not sure If I like the revamp, most of it's fine but I don't really like the changes to Rotor and Max Acorn. It'll probably grow on me given time, Flynn is a great writer

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dabee

@pixel_kaiser: When did the semi-reboot start? (With which issue?)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@dabee: This is the second issue after the Mega Man crossover, where things started to change. Pick up 253, if you can.

Pixel_Kaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dabee: Yeah, like @g_man said, the universe got rebooted after the Mega Man crossover. It's not a full reboot though, as certain characters have retained their memories of the old world, and some stuff is just straight-up the same as it always was. The Mega Man crossover ended with #251, so I'd suggest starting with #252.