Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

SHE-HULK #1

(W) Charles Soule (A) Javier Pulido (CA) Kevin Wada

JENNIFER WALTERS IS...THE SHE-HULK! A stalwart Avenger, valued member of the FF, savior of the world on more than one occasion, she's also a killer attorney with a pile of degrees and professional respect. A 7-foot-tall drink of cool, emerald water, she's tough enough to knock out Galactus with one punch (possibly?) and has a heart bigger than the moon. But juggling cases and kicking bad guy butt is starting to be a little more complicated than she anticipated. With a new practice, a new paralegal and a mounting number of super villains she's racking up as personal enemies, She Hulk might have bitten off a little more than she can chew...but she just calls that that Tuesday.

Item Code: DEC130634 In Shops: 2/12/2014 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

The covers: FANTASTIC!

Interior: Gah!

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By COBRAMORPH

I dislike spin-off characters getting their own books. Unless they "evolve" into their own identiy. No Robin books, but Nightwing, RedHood & something better than Red-Robin for Time is fine. But no Robin, no Batgirl. No Supergirl, or Superboy. Power-Girl sure. If Con-El had a better identity then sure.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

lol, looks like a fun series.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TDK_1997

Pulido is great and so far this book is looking fantastic!

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I was already buying before that preview came out.

(I added to pull list at my LCS last year)

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erm... What they did with her leg?

No Caption Provided
LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LCazT1996

"Well that seems pretty ludicrous." xD I might have to pick this up!

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@cobramorph: Why? Supergirl is an awesome title, Con El was awesome before new 52 :/ ( damn you Lobdel you fuck up everything that I love ).

Why is it okay for nightwing to have his own title but not batgirl & supergirl? Unlike nightwing these characters were never sidekicks.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

looks, great !

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Sometimes I really like the art and sometimes I dont.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Jennifer Walter got over her phase of having to be in She-Hulk mode all the time? I would definitely like to see her in human form, not just green.

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The covers: FANTASTIC!

Interior: Gah!

My thoughts exactly :( sorry but I'll skip this.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Yeah, these are not the preview pages I would pick if I was Marvel. I'm still confident that there's going to be more to it than this title, but right now it's reeking of Hawkeye...minus one of the best artists in the business.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why cant the interiors be as pretty as the cover?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I first hear about a new She-Hulk ongoing:

No Caption Provided

When I see the art:

No Caption Provided

Still going to get it, but d*** if that art doesn't make it a harder decision.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd love to get this, especially with Soule writing, but if it succeeds marvelnow will restart it after issue 19 and I cannot spare the plastic dividers right now. ):

I_PokeBadgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By I_PokeBadgers

I am not excited for this at all. I'm sorry but i find her whole character to be boring and i am not a huge fan of the interior artwork.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm sorry, I hate that I'm saying this, but I will not be picking this series up because of the art. If the art were better, I'd probably have dropped a title for it but it just doesn't appeal to me. Nothing against Javier Pulido, it's just not what I'm looking for right now.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

I really want to support this, but all the Marvel series I've been supporting that have been critically acclaimed...get cancelled in a year. I heard great things about her last series and I like the character, but it seems if it's not X-men or Avengers related, it's not going to be kept around.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great covers, especially the girl scout one but the interior art is terrible

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. What are you guys talking about? The sequentials look awesome! Gonna get this book and a truckload of blank covers :P

Star_Boy616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Star_Boy616

I wanted to read this title so bad, 'cause Jen is one of my favorite comic characters. But the art, it just... Hurts.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Pulido is great and so far this book is looking fantastic!

pretty much.

thirded.

I remember another preview showing what happens next -- should be a fun issue. I wonder how her costume will look.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the art is not cool

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill read this for soule.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

That's so sweet that Guesada let his daughter pencil these. Whoever did that first variant should be illustrating this. I was iffy about this and am definitely not getting now. I can deal with bad art usually but that is just.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: there's bound to be an art flub here of there in any comic. Just be thankful she isn't suffering from Young Bloods desiase

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#31  Edited By gmanfromheck

Guess we have different tastes in art. I love what's going on in this issue.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

I'm being cautious here. My gut reaction is that I really don't like the art, but I remember having said something in that vein about Bachalo and now he's become one of my favorites. I don't think that's going to happen here, but I'm not rushing to cancel my pull just yet.

Story-wise, however, this hasn't grabbed me the way Black Widow did, and I didn't like that book enough to keep it on my pull. So I predict if Black Widow, with Phil Noto going for it, didn't keep me on-board, this book won't either.

We'll see...

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like Pulido's art, but his faces look a bit weird.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The art looks a little off in places, but I'm mostly O.K. with it. I'll be getting this. :)

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jwalser3

Art is secondary, what's important to me, is the writing.

But wouldn't you like something nice to look at as well?

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

I'm being cautious here. My gut reaction is that I really don't like the art, but I remember having said something in that vein about Bachalo and now he's become one of my favorites. I don't think that's going to happen here, but I'm not rushing to cancel my pull just yet.

Story-wise, however, this hasn't grabbed me the way Black Widow did, and I didn't like that book enough to keep it on my pull. So I predict if Black Widow, with Phil Noto going for it, didn't keep me on-board, this book won't either.

We'll see...

In terms of subject matter, this book and Black Widow seem to be vastly different, so I'm not sure how fair the comparison is.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelordscience: Perhaps I didn't really clarify what I was saying.

Marvel is releasing a lot of new books over these few months. I've been giving a lot of them at least one shot to make it onto my pull list. Some, like All-New X-Factor and Ms. Marvel, made the cut. The last one I thought I'd love, but ultimately didn't love enough to add it to my list, was Black Widow, which was engaging throughout and had great art, but for whatever reason just didn't have what I was looking for in terms of a long-term financial commitment. She-Hulk is the next title on my "maybe" list about which I'd previously been fairly optimistic, but the writing hasn't wowed me thus far, and the art is actually really not something I'm enjoying. So I guess my point was "the last new book I considered adding to my pull didn't make it, and I loved its art... so the fact that this next book has art I dislike makes it pretty likely it won't make it onto my long-term pull either."

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

@timelordscience: Perhaps I didn't really clarify what I was saying.

Marvel is releasing a lot of new books over these few months. I've been giving a lot of them at least one shot to make it onto my pull list. Some, like All-New X-Factor and Ms. Marvel, made the cut. The last one I thought I'd love, but ultimately didn't love enough to add it to my list, was Black Widow, which was engaging throughout and had great art, but for whatever reason just didn't have what I was looking for in terms of a long-term financial commitment. She-Hulk is the next title on my "maybe" list about which I'd previously been fairly optimistic, but the writing hasn't wowed me thus far, and the art is actually really not something I'm enjoying. So I guess my point was "the last new book I considered adding to my pull didn't make it, and I loved its art... so the fact that this next book has art I dislike makes it pretty likely it won't make it onto my long-term pull either."

ohhhh I gotca. Well to me it seems like this book is going for a Hawkeye-esque feel. So it depends on how much quirky storytelling is up your alley.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By akbogert

@timelordscience: Indeed. I think Aja's work was more complementary to that zaniness than Pulido's is. But in all fairness, while I enjoyed the Hawkeye trade that someone lent me, I didn't enjoy it enough to buy it every week either -- so the comparison holds in that way.

The nice thing is there are enough female-led books coming out of Marvel now that if this one flops, they won't be able to say it's because of that. I appreciate a climate which encourages books to stand on their own merits. That's not saying I think or hope this book will do badly -- just that I'm glad I don't have to feel guilty about not reading something that isn't up to my standards (whatever they may be) -- unlike, say, how I felt guilty about not reading Fearless Defenders.

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: I think All-New Marvel Now is quite admirable in terms of what books they're putting out. Black Widow, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Elektra, Iron Patriot, etc. And I agree, I felt guilty about Fearless Defenders as well.

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not getting you guys, is the art THAT bad that you'd pass off what could potentially be a fun book? Is Art seriously that important? Look don't get me wrong, strong visuals are always essential and make the experience more enjoyable but personally I'd place writing over visuals any day of the week. OK, maybe it just boils down to preference, but is the art even that bad? I think it was intentionally picked, even from the preview pages I can tell that it's humor centered, not exactly like deadpool but it's supposed to make the experience more fun and interesting.

What I'm worried about however are character statistics(powers), while I can admit that Charles can be a brilliant writer in some cases, his understanding of power levels can be really ridiculous. Still, it's a minor gripe in all honesty, I'm not passing a rare opportunity to get a better grasp on Jen, as In every form of media I find her to be a great and enthusiastic character. ( Though admitted, even though I'm a huge Hulk fan, I have never been that interested in her)

I mean, I guess the ideology is that if there are so many great books out there with good art AND good writing, why invest in a book with ONLY good writing, and an art style you can't stand. Since people aren't made of money, they'll buy what they enjoy.