Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@smart_dork_dude: Oh, I agree, he doesn't have a real memorable personality or much charisma (to me, at least), and that's why I feel that they may as well go the parody route. It worked out well for his predecessor, who was pretty boring himself before the change, and I think would be a great shot in the arm for him. Granted, maybe Bunn will surprise us (I hope so) and make this guy real cool and interesting. If so, he's got his work cut out for him.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So an alien version of Jason Todd?

I'll give it a shot.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Maybe with enough fan complaining they'll being back his cloning ability and it'll turn our that neither this Lobo nor the Deathstroke Lobo were real.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: @smashbrawler: You guys do realize this Lobo is a prady of what's popular at the moment, right??? If you don't get it I'll tell you guys.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By meatwadf
@micah said:

@meatwadf: @smashbrawler: You guys do realize this Lobo is a prady of what's popular at the moment, right??? If you don't get it I'll tell you guys.

Yes... I know. That's why I enjoyed the other Lobo and what I've been saying in every post on here about him. That he was a parody and I liked that, and that it worked. This one doesn't seem to be a parody of anything at the moment.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:
@micah said:

Yes... I know. That's why I enjoyed the other Lobo and what I've been saying in every post on here about him. This one doesn't seem to be a parody of anything at the moment.

Well here's the thing

"The point of savage Lobo was to parody extreme 90's Manly Man, violent heroes capable of "breaking the 4th wall" because that was what everyone was into back then. Now think.....................what's popular right now?????.................skinny jean wearing, slick-back hair, elegant bad boys. Examples being Movie Loki, Twilight vampires/werewolves, Ward from Agents of Shield, even movie Superman has that bad boy kinda feel not to mention endless amounts of boy bands, and the endless re-imagining of previous characters as bad boys. That's the point of this new Lobo, to parody this new generation."

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

I hate this version of Lobo in terms of the way DC is pushing him; and this art just isn't doing it for me in terms of tone; however, Cullen Bunn has been working wonders on Sinestro and Magneto so I feel I should give this a shot.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By meatwadf

@micah: I mentioned that in my first post and how this Lobo should go that route. It appears that he's being used in that way seriously, and not as a parody. More of cash in than an honest parody of the current bishonen archetype that is popular now.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SmashBrawler

@micah: That's not enough because the character has simply no charm or charisma, there's nothing about him that stands out. People say that the old Lobo looked like your average 90's anti-hero but what set him apart from the rest was just how over-the-top he was about it. Next to characters like Superman or Batman he was a cartoon character.

There are so many ways to make the parody of a modern teen heart-rob work but none of the authors who've worked with the new Lobo have actually used them. They've played him straight every single time, never as an actual parody of anything.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By micah007123

@meatwadf said:

@micah: I mentioned that in my first post and how this Lobo should go that route. It appears that he's being used in that way seriously, and not as a parody. More of cash in than an honest parody of the current bishonen archetype that is popular now.

You never know, we haven't had much focus on him in the New-52. Their's always time for DC to make him a true parody.I'd love it if they went that route.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@meatwadf said:

You never know, we haven't had much focus on him in the New-52. Their's always time for DC to make him a true parody.

lol Oh yeah. I really am hoping that we see that come out in him. Truth be told, I would really enjoy that. I won't get into this series right off the bat, but I'll definitely follow it and see where it goes.

Sirzechs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:
@micah said:

@meatwadf said:

You never know, we haven't had much focus on him in the New-52. Their's always time for DC to make him a true parody.

lol Oh yeah. I really am hoping that we see that come out in him. Truth be told, I would really enjoy that. I won't get into this series right off the bat, but I'll definitely follow it and see where it goes.

He appeared in Justice League United and Supergirl enjoyed both appearances.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirzechs said:

@meatwadf said:
@micah said:

@meatwadf said:

He appeared in Justice League United and Supergirl enjoyed both appearances.

Personally, I didn't care for him there either, but to each his/her own.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#69  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

ANOTHER GENERIC LOOKING DC COMIC -__-

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By micah007123

@smashbrawler said:

@micah: That's not enough because the character has simply no charm or charisma, there's nothing about him that stands out. People say that the old Lobo looked like your average 90's anti-hero but what set him apart from the rest was just how over-the-top he was about it. Next to characters like Superman or Batman he was a cartoon character.

There are so many ways to make the parody of a modern teen heart-rob work but none of the authors who've worked with the new Lobo have actually used them. They've played him straight every single time, never as an actual parody of anything.

That's my biggest complaint with the character thus far. But like I said we've only seen him 3 times two of which he was just a secondary character, I think this series is the opportunity to flesh out his character and give him more of a personality.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I'm still picking this up or at least the first issue.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: Guess I'm not feeling very talkative today haha

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: Guess I'm not feeling very talkative today haha

heh I'm the same way some days.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mercy_ said:

I'm on board for the first arc

my thoughts exactly

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait til the main man finds out about this sorry runt.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightmares of Lobo? Meh on not meh...?

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know that they were going to relase a lobo comic..... it looks great, I'm going to read it.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bunn is writing this. He's been fantastic on Sinestro and Magneto. Definitely giving this a shot.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GENERICBO should be his new name.

Maybe they'll make Real Lobo a displaced Post-Crisis character then.

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writing seems good but I'm still not sold on Lobo's new look. He just don't look right skinny.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@br_havoc: Its not just you.

The art is good, the new Lobo not so much. I liked new Lobo in Justice League United though I don't know if I have what it takes to read a whole comic starring new Lobo.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see this Lobo and hear Dante's voice...

Not saying anything with that, but I'm just saying...

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll try it out for a bit. I trust Bunn. And I have no particular affinity for the character so there's no jimmy rustling on my part.

This.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I want them to show off his body more like they do Namor >:[

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this Lobo's look a lot. He just feels a lot more like a intergalactic bounty hunter.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems to have a charm to it. I'll see if it past the 3 issue rule.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looks really cool, actually. Here's my theory:

You know how the old Lobo is supposed to be coming up real soon and meet the new Lobo? I think either the old Lobo is one of the assassins (and they didn't show him on the hologram to not spoil it) or he's even the target of the assassins and they'll meet that way. And hopefully they kill all the assassins together in an epic bloodfest!

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: @smashbrawler: I know he was, but to a point, I think he got boring. Parodies only go so far, then they get boring and feel unoriginal. Having the "classic" Lobo around would just make him feel dated. It's kind of like when the last Duke Nukem game came out, it felt dated and like a fossil. He was a parody of a lot of things, but after a while the joke stopped being funny. I'm not saying this Lobo is any better, but at least the idea that the previous Lobo was impersonating the other, is interesting.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: As recently as 52, he was awesome and still had a large following. Parodies work, if handled the right way.

As for Duke, that was more a problem of years of development and simply needing to finally rush it out the door. The failings of the game weren't the character's, but the devs. Poor script + bland gameplay are that game's problems.

I'm and ardent believer of the adage, "there are no bad characters, only bad writers." For someone to simply right off a character shows more about their skill as a writer than about the quality of the character. Give Space Taxi to a solid writer, and even something like that would work now.

Flyattractor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Art. Crap Writing. Horrible character designs. I would rather pay to get into a Justin Bieber concert just so I could throw bricks at his head then read this for free. God I hate the current age of Metrosexual Girly shit.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will give this a try.

_Genesis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sold

eurandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is disgusting... goodbye DC, you will never see my money again!

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@eurandi said:

this is disgusting... goodbye DC, you will never see my money again!

lol

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#95  Edited By DrF8

I'm disapointed. Especially by the art. I don't like it. The story seems strange, but let's give it a try :)

The only thing i want from DC now is : BEING THE OLD LOBO BACK!!! Or make a confrontation between the NEW LOBO and the OLD LOBO.

This guy is not Lobo. Reinventing a character look is cool, but reinventing the whole character?!? They should keep the old Lobo, and if they want, create a new character. Or make this new Lobo, Old Lobo's sidekick.

Avatar image for emerald_knight_of_oa_123
emerald_knight_of_oa_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fuck is this? Old school lobo would turn this guy into a puddle