Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #5

(W) Jeff Lemire (A) Timothy Green, Joseph Silver (CA) Mike McKone

This issue spotlights the newest member of the team: Equinox of the Moose Cree First Nation! As a rite of passage, Equinox must take down a mystical beast that's terrorizing her people.

Item Code: AUG140230 In Shops: 10/8/2014 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I love this book, DC basically gave Lemire a blank slate and said "Do whatever you want" and that is exactly what you do with a writer like Jeff Lemire.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope this arc picks up. The first one was pretty lackluster to me, but I want to chalk it up to the awkward team formation. I hope the book will be better now that the team is already together.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I just can't get into this book.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I know people complained about McKone's art but compared to Timothy Green II, I'd take another arc of McKone over this guy. Good thing Neil Edwards is taking over during The Infinitus Saga. I really enjoyed the first arc of JLU. It might not have blown me away but it was fun, entertaining and a much needed dose of lightheartedness in the New 52. Maybe the team did come together a bit randomly but so did all the great superteams of the past.

Besides, with the team formed, Lemire can flesh this series out from here on out. I hear he has plans for a Thanagar arc as well as continuing The Seed Planet storyline in his Animal Man series.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5 NightFang3  Online

@captainmarvel4ever said:

I love this book, DC basically gave Lemire a blank slate and said "Do whatever you want" and that is exactly what you do with a writer like Jeff Lemire.

DC does that a lot more often than people think.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang: From what I've seen from DC, if you do well enough they slowly give you the keys to the kingdom, and Lemire is defiantly working his way up the latter, which in my opinion is a very good thing.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Since the series started I've been wanting an issue that focused on Miiyahbin. Looking forward to this.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Animal Man had his jacket still. *sniff*

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That art is pretty bad, but it looks interesting enough.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: Same here, she seems like a very interesting character, and a very DC character. Plus her powers work by saying a magic trigger word, and everyone knows how much I like that :)

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By longbowhunter

@lvenger said:

I know people complained about McKone's art but compared to Timothy Green II, I'd take another arc of McKone over this guy. Good thing Neil Edwards is taking over during The Infinitus Saga. I really enjoyed the first arc of JLU. It might not have blown me away but it was fun, entertaining and a much needed dose of lightheartedness in the New 52. Maybe the team did come together a bit randomly but so did all the great superteams of the past.

Besides, with the team formed, Lemire can flesh this series out from here on out. I hear he has plans for a Thanagar arc as well as continuing The Seed Planet storyline in his Animal Man series.

This is far from the Timothy Green I remember.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#13  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@dagmar_merrill said:

I just can't get into this book.

me either even though it has my favorite chacrters like Animal Man, Arrow, Manhunter and such.

And the ART is super Generic just like most DC titles.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

im reading this to spite the new shitty creative team on Green Arrow, insisting on destroying what Lemire created to shoehorn in their mediocre Arrow elements. Plus its Lemire writing Animal Man and GA in a book together, its hard to pass up, even if the story needs to get better

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I am glad that McKone is off the book and Timothy Green II will be doing the interiors. He may not be the best artist in the industry but he is far better than McKone for me at least.

I have only one small gripe with his work, why is every head deformed and everyone's hair is like there is a strong wind where they are standing?

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By timelord

Bad hair day for Supergirl and Stargirl love it. I love this series everyone feels like there friends which is something sorely lacking in The New 52.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmashBrawler

I never thought I'd say this but can we get McKone back?

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh, wow. The art. Somebody needs to turn that wind machine off, because both hairs and capes are wildly flying around. And somebody please tell the JLU to stop standing like they are striking a pose...

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#20  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

I love how companies give us a book or two where a crappy artist does the work only just to make us miss the last guy and make the new guy seem like a savior.

Also am I the only one who is gonna comment on Martian Manhunter's lost of pants?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman's comeback

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I am glad that McKone is off the book and Timothy Green II will be doing the interiors. He may not be the best artist in the industry but he is far better than McKone for me at least.

I have only one small gripe with his work, why is every head deformed and everyone's hair is like there is a strong wind where they are standing?

Oh thank god I'm not the only one, I thought I was the only one who thought their heads were a bit kind of deformed

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

This is far from the Timothy Green I remember.

No Caption Provided

See that actually looks like good artwork. Why isn't he drawing like that in Justice League United?

Given how Cameron Stewart is rocking that variant cover, I would take him over Green II for certain.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I going to chalk it up to different inker and different colorist.

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

This team needs a bigger roster,I know they are "united" what better way than a bigger roster,more ,more JLU!,This team has potential

A lantern would be nice addition to the team,maybe firestorm?

clayscarface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't understand why all the girls are on their tiptoes in the one shot...