Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

JUSTICE LEAGUE #44

(W) Geoff Johns (A/CA) Jason Fabok

Darkseid versus Anti-Monitor! A corrupted Superman versus Lex Luthor! Myrina Black versus Grail! This chapter of "Darkseid War" has it all-plus an ending that will change the League forever!

Item Code: JUL150202In Shops: 9/30/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrueMarvel

Convergence made nearly all storylines/archs meaningless in the grand scheme of things...

Like why does this matter? It's hard to get invested in stuff when it has no real lasting legacy imo...

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I am really excited for this issue. Its nice to see Batman and GL work together again.

MikeHoolihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikeHoolihan

Did Billy heal from getting stabbed through the chest?

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By johnqestion

Looks good but you'd think BatGod would ask where his best bud Superman was. And eye roll at Wonder Woman and all her exposition for the last couple of issues. I know Geoff wants to write her well but can we have her ease down on this inner monologing how great an amazon and god she is and let us see what she can do? Thanks.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Looks good, this is currently my most looked forward to comic month to month

@truemarvel: 1. What are you talking about?

2. None of these stories are real in the first place, they just sit on a shelf to be read at some point or another.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also really cool seeing Ivan Reis do another GL cover

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Looks good, this is currently my most looked forward to comic month to month

@truemarvel: 1. What are you talking about?

2. None of these stories are real in the first place, they just sit on a shelf to be read at some point or another.

This and Grayson for me.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: Yeah that's been an utter home run too (and ironically spun out of Justice League)

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Aliltron

Any chance Aquaman will actually show up? Still looking forward to it, but seriously, he hasn't been in this arc yet I believe.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they going to see the multiverse before the first crisis?

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Convergence made nearly all storylines/archs meaningless in the grand scheme of things...

Like why does this matter? It's hard to get invested in stuff when it has no real lasting legacy imo...

1) The whole point of Convergence was that it made all stories canon as part of the DC Multiverse

2) Uh, the immediate enjoyment of reading a well-written story?

3) So do you need an assurance that a story will at some point be reference in another story down the road in order to enjoy it?

4) This is part of continuity, so it is probably gonna impact the League down the road.

All in all, I really don't get the logic behind your comment.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe this is the third time Wonder Woman finished one of these monologues off saying "I'm Diana, daughter of the amazons" and she hasn't done anything yet, she's not getting a one off, it's knocking the wind out of my sails now

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Go back to Marvel

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving this story so far, especially the situation with Batman.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I miss Faboks Aquaman...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Are they going to see the multiverse before the first crisis?

the pre-crisis multiverse was searched quickly at the beginning of the story, but expect that to happen

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am loving the BatGod

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aliltron: I've been wondering the same thing. He was mentioned in the free Divergence issue by Menalippe saying "I See a King Drown." He may show up and have a more centric role in part 2 of the Darkseid War.

There was also mention at the end of Aquaman #25 which was Geoff Johns last issue about the Rise of the Seven Seas to be concluded in Justice League. Rumor was it was suppose to be in 2015 but Im wondering now when it will actually happen.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Because it's a really good story? I mean if continuity was all that mattered, then no one would care about alternate reality stories, or "what if" stories, also this story will probably leave an impact on the continuity no matter how you look at it.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is Aquaman?

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a great book, im loving the direction of this series and the art.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So are they implying that Joker is a god?

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

@truemarvel: This story matters--because it is bad ass! I don't know how to tell you this, but you are reading comics not the latest masterpiece so just --enjoy it!

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Johns, my favorite long form story teller. The art is a spectacle joy to behold. Still curious about how Super Woman's baby will play out in the grand scheme of things.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So are they implying that Joker is a god?

That's what I'm wondering. I mean, BatGod asked the chair who Joker was and was shocked at the response. Now there's this monologue...but maybe they were only showing it because Bruce was thinking about the Joker since he seemed to be snapped out of his thoughts when Hal called him.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jstndmnd said:

@truemarvel: This story matters--because it is bad ass! I don't know how to tell you this, but you are reading comics not the latest masterpiece so just --enjoy it!

Thank you for the non troll and mean-spirited reply.

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gelos is JOKER No wonder he never dies

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By Aliltron

@ecstaticgrace:

@viin said:

@aliltron: I've been wondering the same thing. He was mentioned in the free Divergence issue by Menalippe saying "I See a King Drown." He may show up and have a more centric role in part 2 of the Darkseid War.

There was also mention at the end of Aquaman #25 which was Geoff Johns last issue about the Rise of the Seven Seas to be concluded in Justice League. Rumor was it was suppose to be in 2015 but Im wondering now when it will actually happen.

I feel his not being here is because of a plan to set up Rise of The Seven Seas, maybe the event is going down and he has his hands occupied during this time and it will be shown in the conclusion of Darkseid War.

Arthur nor being here is bugging the hell out of me though, would like to see his reaction to all of this and how he'd be included into the story.

He's suppose to appear in The Darkseid War Flash oneshot based on solicit which might counter my original theory of his absents. I'm hoping to see a God version of him as well though.

Exactly, but half of it is I really really want to see Jason Fabok draw Aquaman haha and maybe Mera. Rise of the Seven Seas is apparently still happening though they haven't said who's doing it or when it's going to be released. I hope you guys are right that maybe this is all just set up for it. I mean honestly, Aquaman really hasn't done anything in this book since Trinity War, heck, maybe not since Throne of Atlantis! I'm just kind of bummed that he hasn't shown up. He's my favorite hero after all...

Avatar image for xescapetheliesx
XescapetheliesX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fabok is a beast...

KalvinEllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KalvinEllis

"You've failed to build any kind of life for yourself, Jordan." Says the guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth. lol

MikeHoolihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You've failed to build yourself any kind of life, Jordan." Says the guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth. lol

Says the God.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

This is how jaded I am:

"Great splash-page, now how about some actual depth? Or just something of interest?"

KalvinEllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KalvinEllis

@mikehoolihan said:
@kalvinellis said:

"You've failed to build yourself any kind of life, Jordan." Says the guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth. lol

Says the God.

Says the guy born in the richest family in the DC universe. What kind of life did he have to build for himself when everything was handed to him? Would he have been able to finance his war on crime if he was born in a middle class family like Hal was? I get that the chair makes Batman an even bigger jerk than usual, but he has no business saying nonsense like that.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johns continues to nerf Metron's power,yes HE CAN SEE THE FUTURE Johnny boy,his hatred of Batman shouldn't be an excuse to lowball Metron.

Darkseid and Monty in the same pose for the 5th time in this arc...get on with it.

Gelos is Joker? It's being implied heavily but I hope not,it's already the worst idea ever.

Did AM destroy a world or a universe? Johns should stop with this BS and give a clear answer.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how jaded I am:

"Great splash-page, now how about some actual depth? Or just something of interest?"

Azjenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeesh, Batman can be such an arse... Has Jordan not proven that he can pick himself up, even if he falls very far from grace? HE is the true hero, NOT the ring. The ring enables the true hero to shine, not the other way around.

And Batgod should take a long hard look at his own life before he judges others. Not only has his own obsessive crusade lead to the death of his own son, but he's dragged other kids into it, as well.

As heroes, all their actions have consequences, and by pointing out Hal's and trying to diminish his heroism just makes Bruce come off as petty and pompous. The mobius chair suits him ill.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Johns continues to nerf Metron's power,yes HE CAN SEE THE FUTURE Johnny boy,his hatred of Batman shouldn't be an excuse to lowball Metron.

Darkseid and Monty in the same pose for the 5th time in this arc...get on with it.

Gelos is Joker? It's being implied heavily but I hope not,it's already the worst idea ever.

Did AM destroy a world or a universe? Johns should stop with this BS and give a clear answer.

Your kidding right...

No, Metron exists outside the normal time stream, he created Worlogog, he has knowledge of everything that happens and will happen,besides Johns writing Batman like an ass again, he needs to focus on his story now.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#47  Edited By Outside_85

@entropy_aegis said:

Somehow I doubt he'd go that far, it's just being implicated because 'Joker' is on Batman's mind. That said, yeah, it would be crap if Joker turned out to be one of the Olympians. Why is it everyone has to be scared of clowns or laughter in the DCU?

By the looks of things, he only killed every inhabitant on a single world, since the world is still there, the rest of the universe must also remain... and according to Batron the Jerk, relatively unscratched.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HolySerpent

Your a hard man to please.

galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You're not the hero, Jordan. The ring is the hero."

Lel.

KalvinEllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points