Exclusive Preview: JSA LIBERTY FILES: THE WHISTLING SKULL #1

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Justice Society of America holds a special place for many readers. The decision to change the idea into the characters we're seeing in EARTH TWO is a fascinating ride. It turns out the characters we knew before aren't exactly gone. DC has previously announced a continuation into the look of the world of the JSA: THE LIBERTY FILES.

Beginning next week, the first issue of a six-issue miniseries takes us back to the 1940s. DC has given us an exclusive first look at the issue.

JSA LIBERTY FILES: THE WHISTLING SKULL #1

No Caption Provided
• A new series from acclaimed creators B. Clay Moore (Hawaiian Dick) and Tony Harris (EX MACHINA, STARMAN)!
• In 1940s Europe, the Nazi war machine is on the move…but crimes are still committed in even the smallest hamlets. Can one heroic duo solve the most bizarre mystery of all?
• From the world of the JSA: THE LIBERTY FILES, witness the birth of a new hero for the ages!

Written by: B. Clay Moore

Art by: Tony Harris

Cover by: Tony Harris

Variant Cover by: Tony Harris

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Dec 19 2012

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BKole

I was a big fan of the first two Liberty Files books - but I'm unsure about this one. With the focus being off the 1940's versions of the JSA and more on the Whistling Skull, I'm not sure if I am interesting enough in the character to want to read the book. Plus, really not that hot on the Wildcat design.

Still, I'll give it a few issues to see if I like it or not.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

YES!!! Now if only it had the REAL Alan Scott and Jay Garrick in it!!!

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By chalkshark

More than happy to take a third ride through this landscape. In fact, I would be willing to take the journey on a monthly basis.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EdBlank

Someone please help me out here. To me this just looks absurd.

LiamB8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By LiamB8

This is the first I have read about this comic, from what I can see it looks naff. The art looks really good, all I'm saying is that the story seems like... I don't know. Pointless. I don't think that it will be an enjoyable read, in my opinion. I might pick it up, don't know yet. I'll read up on it a bit more first.  

On one other note about the art. The colours aren't that attractive. The only good colours used are the "BOOM BOOM BOOM" text.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmashBrawler

@LiamB8 said:

This is the first I have read about this comic, from what I can see it looks naff. The art looks really good, all I'm saying is that the story seems like... I don't know. Pointless. I don't think that it will be an enjoyable read, in my opinion. I might pick it up, don't know yet. I'll read up on it a bit more first. On one other note about the art. The colours aren't that attractive. The only good colours used are the "BOOM BOOM BOOM" text.

If you're interested, you should check out the two original Liberty Files miniseries. No idea how good or bad this one's going to be, but the first two were some of the best Elseworlds DC has ever produced.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spideycap

Very interesting. I am a sucker for alternate versions of characters and such, so I will probably have to check this out. The art looks great as well, loved Tony Harris' work in Ex Machina.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cuddles666

Now that is just too many kinds of cool for me to resist!

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Miss_Garrick

A JSA story that isn't written by James Robinson or Geoff Johns? Doesn't seem worth checking out, especially from what I've heard about Tony Harris.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By longbowhunter

Starman is probably my all time favorite superhero series and Ex Machina was great. Had I read any of the other Liberty Files stories I'd pick this up.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11  Edited By Decept-O

Looks wonderful.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know anything about the JSA or any of these characters but I'm definitely picking it up.

bsavelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bsavelli

This redisign of Wildcat kinda looks like a female version of Catwoman. Nonetheless, the art looks great.

RolloLinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RolloLinsky

I love the look of this book. Really pulpish and the covers are pure eye candy too. Look forward to reading this one.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Definitely looking forward to getting this! Getting all issues of this miniseries and will watch religiously for their release. Can't wait!

thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By thechessclub

Not gonna lie. I'm way sad that the covers aren't donning the Elseworlds logo=/ Super pumper otherwise though.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Onemoreposter

Yay liberty files!! This is going to have a hard time living up to it's predecessors though. I'm looking forward to issue one though. So glad they got Harris back on the book, too bad they could get Jolley too.

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

YES!!! Now if only it had the REAL Alan Scott and Jay Garrick in it!!!

Sorry bud, but

However, this appears to be a a prequel as the Liberty Files part 1 starts in 1942, so MAYBE you'll get to see Alan. In all honesty his Liberty Files counterpart isn't particularly exciting.

I hope we see the Bat and Mister Terrific. The Bat was a main character all through the first two volumes. Wouldn't be right not to include him.

hqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hqn

uhm so is this set in new 52's earth two or into an alternate continuity from the old dcu ?

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By JonesDeini

Man this looks great

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers