Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

INFINITY GAUNTLET #1

(W) Gerry Duggan, Dustin Weaver (A/CA) Dustin Weaver

Think your life is hard? Anwen Bakian's family lives in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, scrounging for food and avoiding giant bugs intent on eating them. Mom left years ago to join the Nova force and never came back. So it's just Anwen, her dad, her sister and her grandpa against the huge insects. That is, until she finds a mysterious stone that may or may not hold incredible cosmic power. Don't miss this incredible new series by DEADPOOL writer Gerry Duggan and EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE writer/artist Dustin Weaver that will set the cosmic table for the Marvel Universe for years to come!

Item Code: MAR150652 In Shops: 5/27/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ooh who is the female nova?

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feels like everything I ever wanted.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SWEEET!!!

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Now this has got to be Starship Troopers with the troopers being the Novas right?

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if it turned out that she was distant descendent of Sam Alexander and/or Richard Rider.

or alternate universe Xandarians.

I don't know but i kinda had a theory that Jesse, Sam's dad, might be a Xandarian who turned to alcoholism after hearing his clusters' demise and possibly the last of his species (Sam would be like Mikasa, except nobody would come to his house to kidnap him and/or his sister as "exotic" mixed species commodity).

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms__omega: She is Anwen Bakian's Mom, however U_U no, I don't know nothing more :)

Anyway, a new black female heroine? And a whole new Nova? I'm sold U_U

[although, for some reason, I think that the heroine of the story will be Anwen, and not is mom...]

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if anyone noticed, but she's wearing the IG in the second variant

acekalama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feels like everything I ever wanted.

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again with the Black Novas (talking about the helmet), why not just bring back the good ol Nova Corps :|

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never read an Infinity/Thanos book before but I will be getting this one

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetrolldance: They are Nova from another Universe. Perhaps in this universe they are The Good Old Nova Corps but with a different [better for me] taste in color :)

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Why is this called Secret Wars? There was a limited series in the 70's or 80's called Secret Wars yeah? I am confused with this new Secret Wars.

And does this have something to do with Disney owning Marvel?

If somebody can explain that would be great.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now this has got to be Starship Troopers with the troopers being the Novas right?

heinlein or the movie version?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@rocketraccoonthingy: It has to do with the reintroduction of the Beyonders and Battleworld.

Note taken. Thanks

This may help, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars_(2015_comic_book)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ComicBook/SecretWars2015

BlueJay2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this called Secret Wars? There was a limited series in the 70's or 80's called Secret Wars yeah? I am confused with this new Secret Wars.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the name Secret Wars for the event comes from the way it parallels the 1980s event. In that event Doom got the powers of that Beyonder and began shaping things to his liking going as far as to kill the heroes, this event seems to do something similar, with Doom taking over and making everyone his subjects. There is also the Battleworld parallel where the Beyonder created that world from destroying several planets and putting them together, similarly this Battleworld is a conglomerations of different domains. While the old event focused on a group of heroes vs a group of villains though, this one so far has done a lot to build up the narrative of how the the world works. Don't be mislead by the names of each title, at least 50% of them just have the namesake of past Marvel events but aren't actual continuations of those stories. Like the domain of Planet Hulk isn't a continuation of that story, but instead is literally a place with a ton of hulks. So Secret Wars (2015), along with its tie-ins, can be looked at as a giant reference to Marvel comics throughout the years. While these are all new stories told on the surface of this new Battleworld, they are the spiritual successors to the events and stories they're named after.

This has nothing to do with Disney, especially since you couldn't put this event easily in movie form. This event will most definitely never even go that way because it presumes the reader knows so much. Jonathan Hickman, the writer for the latest runs of Avengers and New Avengers, as well as for the main Secret Wars title, has been gearing up toward this event for years.

Hopefully that helps to some extent.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:
@rocketraccoonthingy said:
@dondave said:

@rocketraccoonthingy: It has to do with the reintroduction of the Beyonders and Battleworld.

Note taken. Thanks

This may help, too.

Thanks man. I forgot wikipedia exists. LOL

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interested in the concept but the art isn't really doing it for me...

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the name Secret Wars for the event comes from the way it parallels the 1980s event. In that event Doom got the powers of that Beyonder and began shaping things to his liking going as far as to kill the heroes, this event seems to do something similar, with Doom taking over and making everyone his subjects. There is also the Battleworld parallel where the Beyonder created that world from destroying several planets and putting them together, similarly this Battleworld is a conglomerations of different domains. While the old event focused on a group of heroes vs a group of villains though, this one so far has done a lot to build up the narrative of how the the world works. Don't be mislead by the names of each title, at least 50% of them just have the namesake of past Marvel events but aren't actual continuations of those stories. Like the domain of Planet Hulk isn't a continuation of that story, but instead is literally a place with a ton of hulks. So Secret Wars (2015), along with its tie-ins, can be looked at as a giant reference to Marvel comics throughout the years. While these are all new stories told on the surface of this new Battleworld, they are the spiritual successors to the events and stories they're named after.

This has nothing to do with Disney, especially since you couldn't put this event easily in movie form. This event will most definitely never even go that way because it presumes the reader knows so much. Jonathan Hickman, the writer for the latest runs of Avengers and New Avengers, as well as for the main Secret Wars title, has been gearing up toward this event for years.

Hopefully that helps to some extent.

Sounds great! Putting it on my "to buy" list. :-D

Thanks for telling me. I appreciate it.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By meatwadf
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@rocketraccoonthingy: No worries and you're welcome. lol :p

Would you mind following back? Thanks

I have a plan to take over CV that's why I need as much followers as I can have.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is supposed to be one of the areas blocked off by The Shield, right?

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparty_dbq: Yes, I think that this is the book related to New Xandar "Kingdom", "on the other side" of The Shield [Ruled by Annhilus, suppose...]

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:
@scavengerfist said:

heinlein or the movie version?

I dunno, I read a comic Starship Troopers once. Maybe both.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketraccoonthingy: another reference may be that the original Secret Wars was the first Big Events of the Marvel, the first time so many titles crossover one with other. Now it's normal, but in that day it was an incredible milestone to the Marvel History. THIS Secret Wars would be the LAST great Events of the marvel "as we know it", and so "the end" bear in some way the same name of "the begin"

Also, as stated, many of the new book corresponding to Secret Wars bear the name of the Great Events of the marvels, as a form "commemoration" of the marvel history.

Aside of that, if you know the main plot of new Secret Wars and the runs of Hickman, the new series and mini-series, such as this Infinity Gauntlet, are totally new, created by parallel universe, so quite understendable by new readers without much knowledge of other things :)

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketraccoonthingy: another reference may be that the original Secret Wars was the first Big Events of the Marvel, the first time so many titles crossover one with other. Now it's normal, but in that day it was an incredible milestone to the Marvel History. THIS Secret Wars would be the LAST great Events of the marvel "as we know it", and so "the end" bear in some way the same name of "the begin"

Also, as stated, many of the new book corresponding to Secret Wars bear the name of the Great Events of the marvels, as a form "commemoration" of the marvel history.

Aside of that, if you know the main plot of new Secret Wars and the runs of Hickman, the new series and mini-series, such as this Infinity Gauntlet, are totally new, created by parallel universe, so quite understendable by new readers without much knowledge of other things :)

Cool. Will deffo get the new Secret wars.

About you username. Don't you have a hard time logging in everytime?

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hype killed.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketraccoonthingy: I've saved nickname and password for login :) but really... no :) Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin was the complete name of one of my first roleplaying character. I've created him [the name and surname was chosen from the manual] when I was 16-17 years old. Now I'm above 37, and so I've used this nick on forum, chat and other thing for about 20 years :) yes, it's complicated, but is one of the [very few] thing that I remember always :)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@meatwadf said:
@dondave said:

Note taken. Thanks

This may help, too.

Or you could look them up here.

http://www.comicvine.com/secret-wars/4045-40978/

http://www.comicvine.com/secret-wars/4045-58266/

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketraccoonthingy: I've saved nickname and password for login :) but really... no :) Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin was the complete name of one of my first roleplaying character. I've created him [the name and surname was chosen from the manual] when I was 16-17 years old. Now I'm above 37, and so I've used this nick on forum, chat and other thing for about 20 years :) yes, it's complicated, but is one of the [very few] thing that I remember always :)

Awesome! :-D

Wanna swap follows? XD It's a fair deal! You get what you give.

@g_man said:
@meatwadf said:
@dondave said:

Note taken. Thanks

This may help, too.

Or you could look them up here.

http://www.comicvine.com/secret-wars/4045-40978/

http://www.comicvine.com/secret-wars/4045-58266/

Thanks g_man! You're the man. Keep up the good work on the reviews and stuff. :-D

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

EPIC

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By t209

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: Or it's in universe/future where Sam Alexander rebuilt the Nova Corps with revived Richard Rider but Sam's helmet is the only surviving template (or, at least, cheaper one since it's made by a third party of rogue Novas, according to Original Sins) for new members since people (Xandarians) who knew how to make it are dead/missing. No words from Richard Rider or other Novas.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Secret Wars tie-in that looks great. Definitely going to get at least the first issue. This event is going to bankrupt me.

Sternfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are you people babbling about?

This looks like sh&t.

You don't take a character like Thanos and throw him into a story where the protagonists are some boring, unknown Nova Corp bums...

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sternfan99: Well, the point is that the preview show us no Thanos.

Thanos is only on the cover, and Marvel teached us that the Cover [and in this case, the Title] maybe very misleading :)

Anyway, if you read Secret Wars n. 2, you should know where is Thanos, and him is the "original" Thanos from 616.

So, if Thanos will be in this book, either he come from Utopolis to New Xandar with a story, and so we will watch if it is a good story, or he will be another Thanos, the Thanos of the universe/time from which this Nova came... and so, as a whole new story, he may be a less powerfull version, or anything else :)

Wait, read, and judge after :)

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t209 said:

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: Or it's in universe/future where Sam Alexander rebuilt the Nova Corps with revived Richard Rider but Sam's helmet is the only surviving template (or, at least, cheaper one since it's made by a third party of rogue Novas, according to Original Sins) for new members since people (Xandarians) who knew how to make it are dead/missing. No words from Richard Rider or other Novas.

Yes... that may be another interesting hypotesis :)

[but if you search some Richard Riders descendant... Read "Guardians 3000" :) there appear a female "Rider" from the year 3015, the Last Nova :) - The Guardians 3000 series is tied to Korvac, so there is some [vague] possibility that trace of Rider will appear in "Korvac Saga", the series of "The City" Kingdom :)]

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin:I mean Rob Rider. Issue 30 hinted that he's still alive.

And I hope it didn't turn out that Jesse's last Xandarian (maybe he became alcoholic when he heard the news of his clusters' demise) who was lucky to desert the Nova Corps when their planet went kaboom (the first one where Rhomenn Dey was mortally wounded), thus erasing his records from being tracked by Gold Dome Novas. Then again, that might made him a good contrast to J'Son, who had a one-night stand with Peter Quill's mom that led to his conception.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Excellent stuff

Snape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay. If Battleworld is protected by the Thor Corps then why are the Novas needed?

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ms__omega
t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snape: Maybe Nova Corps deal with interstellar threats while Thor Corps deal with internal turmoils.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheTrollDance
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

webbcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know little about Thanos and never read the original Infinity Gauntlet but I like the looks of this a LOT. Will be picking this up.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2