Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

HULK #1

(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Mark Bagley

ALL-NEW DIRECTION! THE EPIC "BANNER D.O.A." BEGINS NOW!!!

Following the shocking events of last month's INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK finale, Bruce Banner lies at death's door! If he survives, it WON'T be as the Bruce Banner we've known! How will the Hulk wreak vengeance on Banner's assailant? How CAN he?

Item Code: FEB140685 In Shops: 4/16/2014 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By consolemaster001
Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Too many awesome feats here.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to be honest: I never cared for Hulk, but this looks sorta interesting...

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So - much - awesome.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Do you think he'll help those Doctor guys? I'd laugh if he just leaves 'em.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Webhead_99

OK, I love Bagley but Hulk's face in the cover looks like it was drawn in two separate moments, the features don't even remotely match.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Tanking adamntium bullets while weakened is cool, no?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@theacidskull: Although this is a MUCH better representation of Hulk both in terms of character and power level from the get go, I'm still wary that Waid is going to do the exact opposite of his last run. Which is load up the pages with feats without developing the story or characters. Only a minor worry though and this won't please all the fans. But it's certainly better than Waid's previous Hulk incarnation.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I still don't get it, shy is Bruce getting shot such a big deal? Can't he just go hulk mode & then come from it all healed and stuff?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This series looks awesome, I'm very much looking forward to it!

Tanking adamntium bullets while weakened is cool, no?

Add it to the feats!!!!!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bald Hulk? Bald Hulk.

My body is ready.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@theacidskull: I wonder what certain fans will think of it. Two feats in the first two pages must be something :P

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

You know, the closer I look, the more it looks like the back of Hulk's head is open. I'm pretty sure that's his brain we're seeing at the back of his head on the page where he's getting shot at. Were they performing brain surgery on him? Or at least Bruce Banner? Maybe it has something to do with the "Who shot Bruce Banner" tagline.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadknight: Hmm. Agreed it looks like something's up with the back of his head alright.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That art is amazing!

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's some of the best looking Mark Bagley art I've seen in awhile.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was never much of a Hulk fan (barring the cartoon from the 90's) but I loved Indestructible and I'm looking forward to this one !

mksystem74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was never much of a Hulk fan (barring the cartoon from the 90's) but I loved Indestructible and I'm looking forward to this one !

Indestructible Hulk was hit and miss for me. I loved Jason Aaron's Incredible Hulk though. I think I will like this one if its just like the preview. I enjoy when Hulk is actually a character and not a mumbling wrecking ball with no conscious.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mksystem74: cool I'll have a read of Aaron's run. I thin I read a bit of World War Hulk (the Ghost Rider issue was pretty good). I'm just a sucker for cursed scientists trying to do good. I think they had to use the hulk as a mumbling wrecking ball to better emphasis Banner's frustration with being perceived as a failure/ ticking time bomb.

best parts where any time he makes tony stark look bad

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I'm going to pick this up from seeing this preview and I like that Opena cover and the scottie young one also.

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GrimoireMyst

This looks good. I will read this.

Also doesn't that part "See. If you can't bury the crime.." ".. At least dispose of the witnesses." kinda infer that Shield tried to kill Banner?

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I need that Bagley variant. So epic!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find him tanking adamantium bullets with no damage silly honestly.

savagepizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A dumb ass thats who shot bruce banner there mystery solved

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Eat your heart out ;)

I don't mean it in a hating sense, it's just that adamantium has blown through beings more durable than Hulk so many times now that I honestly find it stupid that he can tank adamantium bullets with ease. World War Hulk even with his hardened skin was still getting messed up due to adamantium. I get that he's Hulk, but adamantium has been essentially designated as Marvel's premier plot metal for a long time now that almost everyone has fallen to. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool feat for Hulk, but just an odd one considering adamantium's rep.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

@theacidskull said:

@wolverine08 said:

Eat your heart out ;)

I don't mean it in a hating sense, it's just that adamantium has blown through beings more durable than Hulk so many times now that I honestly find it stupid that he can tank adamantium bullets with ease. World War Hulk even with his hardened skin was still getting messed up due to adamantium. I get that he's Hulk, but adamantium has been essentially designated as Marvel's premier plot metal for a long time now that almost everyone has fallen to. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool feat for Hulk, but just an odd one considering adamantium's rep.

I can, I was joking around, but due hulks brain damage it's possible he's fluctuating in terms of power, that's the only explanation I can find.

Meh, puny Hulk will go back to being wrecked by adamantium soon!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I read the Agents of Time story did not care for it, talk about a lackluster ending. This looks good, I'll get it in trade. Hope Hulk gets a epic story that'll go down in the history books with this one.

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By consafo80

I'm gonna give it a go but was disappointed by Waid's last run and gave up after the Thor arc. Shame as his Daredevil is brilliant

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's almost as if they are trolling about feats Hulk can do "Woo! Weakened Hulk can shrug off adamantium bullets, ignore deadly gas and easily jump through Negative Zone tempered glass!" Almost sounds straight out of the '60s.

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill said:

I read the Agents of Time story did not care for it, talk about a lackluster ending. This looks good, I'll get it in trade. Hope Hulk gets a epic story that'll go down in the history books with this one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves his Daredevil

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41  Edited By Grey56

When Marvel comes around to bringing back 'Incredible' - I'll respond by giving them my money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@dagmar_merrill said:

I didn't mention Dardevil.

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunswordfist_ said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

I didn't mention Dardevil.

Whoop. quoted the wrong post. lol

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RaynorJ

I like seeing Hulk feats but this is pretty silly... shrugging of Adamantium bullets while being weakened? This is ridiculous not to mention redundant, what am i suppose to think? Next time that Hulk and Wolverine fight, Wolverine will be completely useless as oppose to mostly useless against him? Yea right, if Waid thinks that throwing in a bunch of feats(that will never stick) is the answer that Hulks fans where waiting for he is mistaken. Just goes to show how low of a opinion Waid has for Hulk fans, but not the Banner ones, those are his real target audience just throw in random feats to keep those dumb Hulk fans satisfied.

Mr. Waid all i ask is to give me a fun Hulk adventure where we can have Hulk as his own character whether the intelligent Hulk or child level Hulk i don't mind and throw in a couple of those classic strength feats Hulk is known for as well as fun fights where he DOESN'T fight other superheroes but VILLAINS and i will be satisfied. Instead in the entirety of the 20 issue IH run, Hulk hasn't had a single "strenght" feat which i find to be criminal for a charater that is mostly known for his strength and the old phrase that Waid said he likes that we all know "the madder hulk gets..." at this point i think i would satisfied with seeing him lift a car....

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was kitty for a second

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dum529001

@savagepizza said:

A dumb ass thats who shot bruce banner there mystery solved

Hee hee.

@gunswordfist_ said:

It's almost as if they are trolling about feats Hulk can do "Woo! Weakened Hulk can shrug off adamantium bullets, ignore deadly gas and easily jump through Negative Zone tempered glass!" Almost sounds straight out of the '60s.

Don't forget the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, and 2000's. Its kind of funny that it started out like this but...whatever. The Hulk's not called "incredible" and "indestructible" for nothing I guess.

@theacidskull said:

@wolverine08 said:

@theacidskull said:

@wolverine08 said:

Eat your heart out ;)

I can, I was joking around, but due hulks brain damage it's possible he's fluctuating in terms of power, that's the only explanation I can find.

I think its power fluctations due to the stressful situation as well.

No Caption Provided

HULK #1

(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Mark Bagley

ALL-NEW DIRECTION! THE EPIC "BANNER D.O.A." BEGINS NOW!!!

Following the shocking events of last month's INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK finale, Bruce Banner lies at death's door! If he survives, it WON'T be as the Bruce Banner we've known! How will the Hulk wreak vengeance on Banner's assailant? How CAN he?

Item Code: FEB140685 In Shops: 4/16/2014 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Experio

Forum Posts