Posted by G-Man (30663 posts) - - Show Bio

There's some crazy things happening in the world of He-Man. You may be aware that He-Man, or Prince Adam, actually had a sister, She-Ra (or Princess Adora). Adora has been under some dark influences and, as Despara, has been working against the Masters of the Universe. She's about to find out what her true origin is.

Check out this exclusive preview for next week's issue courtesy of DC Comics.

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #5

Despara’s origin revealed! Plus, Hordak tells a shocking story that will change her world forever!

Written by: Keith Giffen

Art by: Pop Mhan

Cover by: Ed Benes

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Aug 21 2013

Staff
#1 Posted by dondave (34588 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#2 Posted by flazam (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet

#3 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23306 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be cool!

#5 Posted by tigerex78 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been an enjoyable series so far.

#7 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

You people need to get HeMan MotU #4. It had a beuatiful moment (one of the best I've seen in comics) between Adora and Teela, all done without words in the first 4 pages. The comic in general, seems to be getting into a great story. Well worth the 2.99 [ cheaper in home subscription ;-) ]

#8 Posted by drew6670 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait!

#9 Posted by lifeofvibe (3430 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this is getting interesting

#10 Edited by animehunter (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely can't wait

#11 Posted by Grimoire (532 posts) - - Show Bio

This does look interesting so I might start reading granted I can find a place around my home town that sells it.

#12 Edited by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio

I was never really into He Man, but this looks pretty cool and I might check it out, especially with the upcoming crossover he's going to have with the Justice League.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio

also is this a separate series? Because I notice that they release a trade with the first 6 issues.

#14 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta pick this up.

#15 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it finally gonna happen!? Skeletor vs Hordak?

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be great, and looking forward to the crossover that Eternia and DCU will have soon too!! :)

#17 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

must restrain....my fanboy.. comments....*bites hand*

God damn Pop Mhan's art is awesome for this series.

#19 Posted by McHotcakes (438 posts) - - Show Bio

also is this a separate series? Because I notice that they release a trade with the first 6 issues.

That trade is actually the mini-series that they released last year. This series is actually a continuation of that mini-series. So picking up the trade would probably help you to get into this series but it is not a requirement.

#20 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice preview and cover. I still can't get used to Adam's new body armor though.

#23 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

I was recommended this series but I have also been told it's close to the chopping board (or is already). :/

#25 Posted by Perfect 10 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

best dc book out now and its not set in the new 52 lol

#26 Posted by Perfect 10 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: doesnt mean you cant enjoy it while it lasts

#29 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, reading this makes me think that people know that Prince Adam is He-Man now? Is this true, or am I just seeing things that aren't there?

Regardless, I need to start reading He-Man.

#30 Edited by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay this series is going nicely :D can't wait to get #5 :D

#31 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, reading this makes me think that people know that Prince Adam is He-Man now? Is this true, or am I just seeing things that aren't there?

Regardless, I need to start reading He-Man.

Yes you really need to start reading this series. it has a good flow at reading, with the exception of issue 1.

yeah, I guess they wanted to be rid of that dual identity and that people would have to be fools not to figure it out.

#32 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for her to become She-Ra again!!!!

#33 Posted by Josephrod03 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: who told u that? Unless u heard it directly from Mattel or DC then it's not true. I read on He-man.org forums that some fans are complaining cause its not the 80s canon. From the sales numbers that have been reported, the comic is doing great. Don't listen to disgruntled fans do the research yourself and make your own decision.

#34 Posted by Josephrod03 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: yea me too! I wonder if she will get her own series. Maybe even have Gail Simone writing it. That's be pretty damn awesome. Just sayin!

#35 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: who told u that? Unless u heard it directly from Mattel or DC then it's not true. I read on He-man.org forums that some fans are complaining cause its not the 80s canon. From the sales numbers that have been reported, the comic is doing great. Don't listen to disgruntled fans do the research yourself and make your own decision.

In passing with a friend who is actually enjoying the series. In the meantime, I will go with the idea it's going great because I am loving the idea behind Amora. I need to catch up on this.

#36 Edited by animehunter (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I think you mean Adora

As for the sales, in my opinion, they doing great for a non New52 especially with the crossover with DC coming out September 4th 2013

and for those wondering about the sales

Issue #1 - 25,253

Issue #2 - 19,410 / -5,843 / -23%

Issue #3 - 18,280 / -1,130 / -06%

Issue #4 - 18,101 / -179 / -0.01%

#37 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter:

LOL -- yes, thank you for the correction and also for the numbers. I think the numbers aren't too bad, looks like it's leveling off.

Usually 20k is the scary mark for Marvel, not sure about DC.

#38 Posted by animehunter (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: What I find sometimes, the DC rules in regards to how sales influence if a book continues or not don't normally apply to the non DC line-up i.e. non New52.

#40 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: The 23% that caused it to drop were collectors who only want the number 1 and do not read the comics.....*shakes head*

Im surprised people have not dug into issue 4, its the intro to his new costume. if that is the case I think ill go around the city here and buy up all the copies of #4 and destroy most of them or hand them out without covers for free.

#41 Posted by Josephrod03 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe the pushed DCU vs MOTU. Back a week! It was supposed to come out August 28th. Jeez. This is killing me!!

#42 Edited by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe the pushed DCU vs MOTU. Back a week! It was supposed to come out August 28th. Jeez. This is killing me!!

WHAT?!

#43 Posted by Josephrod03 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@trodorne: yup! Issue 1 got pushed back to Sept 4th

#44 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about this series. I love the 80's cartoons way too much to be properly open minded about a different interpretation. Shadow Weaver being the one who raised Adora is a great idea though!