Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #17

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Nick Bradshaw

• With some new faces on the team, it might be time for the Guardians to have a little team-building vacation.

• Or, you know, they could keep fighting alien warlords and galactic empires.

• Guess they'll have to plan that team-building retreat for next month.

Item Code: MAY140852 In Shops: 7/30/2014 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Worst dad of the year award.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Worst dad of the year award.

Closely followed by Darth Vader.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That art is just kinda...meh.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueMarvel

I'll be honest. I never liked Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel's new hairstyle. But this artist makes it look extremely obnoxious.

I'm biased just so everyone knows but still....

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is such a mediocre comic book, I hope after the movie people pick up the DnA stuff instead.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest. I never liked Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel's new hairstyle. But this artist makes it look extremely obnoxious.

I'm in definite agreement. Her weird mohawk-thing is really ugly and every artist seems to draw it differently.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is such a mediocre comic book, I hope after the movie people pick up the DnA stuff instead.

You know, I hate to say it, but it really is. I want to like this series so much, but with the way it's being written, I just can't. I'm normally a fan of Bendis's work, but Marvel really needs to get a new writer on this book soon.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@dathomiesilversurfer said:

You know, I hate to say it, but it really is. I want to like this series so much, but with the way it's being written, I just can't. I'm normally a fan of Bendis's work, but Marvel really needs to get a new writer on this book soon.

I quit after the infinity tie-ins. It was my first introduction to the Guardians, and I couldnt take it anymore. I'll go back to the old stuff when i get a chance.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagejonathan: same, my first comic was ultimate spider-man 1 haha but Bendis just can't write sci-fi. They just released the first half of the DnA run on tpb, Id try to grab it before it's sold out. Literally my favorite comic book series of all time.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Super excited! I love this series, so much, I started with issue 1 and have loved it ever since. The characters are great, the writing is fun, and heck, I love sci-fi! Keep up the great work Bendis!

Avatar image for milleniumpuppet
MilleniumPuppet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Guardians that matter...at least to me...and the whole universe who just didn't notice...their deeds

@sagejonathan: same, my first comic was ultimate spider-man 1 haha but Bendis just can't write sci-fi. They just released the first half of the DnA run on tpb, Id try to grab it before it's sold out. Literally my favorite comic book series of all time.

I think he's honed the spider-man formula, and I remember enjoying the books, just felt destroyed when this reboot came out

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By primebonnick

Starlord's dad i swear on the same level as yujiro hanma, ging has the worst dads ever.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Angela Still in Guardians Book? Possible SPOILER She left in O. S. Tenth Realm 5.2...

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wow Carol has a really bad case of helmet hair here.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sasquatch888

@milleniumpuppet said:

The Guardians that matter...at least to me...and the whole universe who just didn't notice...their deeds

I think he's honed the spider-man formula, and I remember enjoying the books, just felt destroyed when this reboot came out

its true the DnA stuff was WAY superior but the current title has been improving ...We have to all get over it ...it happened... marvel gave their cosmic playground to bendis ...it is what it is ...this used to be one of my fave titles with alot of b and c listers getting some shine those two annhilation crossovers were superior to the main summer events marvel put out recently ...now its like ultron never went into outer space and took over the phalanx and kree ..wtf? and now venom and capt marvel ??? ironman are members bring back moondragon the other cap marvel with those quantam bands ...let groot talk again ( DOES ANYONE REMEMBER GROOT TALKING IN FULL SENTENCES WHEN HE FIRST GOT DRAFTED INTO THE GotG?) ...damn.. now i gotta get over it! lol

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm biased just so everyone knows but still....

CAPT MARVEL REALLY SUCKS HAIRSTYLE AND COSTUME ....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

To be honest, and so far the only one here, I kinda like that the artist for once acknowledges what a wearing a helmet actually does to your hair... unlike many others where Carol's hair can go from mohawk/helmet to set up straight with no problem.

That said, as poor as J-Son is as a dad, there are worse in comics.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kalorama

I thought most artists had pretty much thrown in the towel on Carol's ridiculous faux-hawk, but it looks like Bradshaw is doubling down. Props for perseverance in the face of adversity, I guess. Nice work otherwise, though. Art Adams must be very proud.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

To be honest, and so far the only one here, I kinda like that the artist for once acknowledges what a wearing a helmet actually does to your hair... unlike many others where Carol's hair can go from mohawk/helmet to set up straight with no problem.

That said, as poor as J-Son is as a dad, there are worse in comics.

This is very true.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this book, and by that I mean I REALLLYYYYY love this book. But the art in this issue seems a little too clunky. Maybe its the inking, but star lord's jaw just looks a little bit too much like a rectangle to me

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Why are so many artist unable to understand Carol's hair? "Her hair is thrown back now? OH OKAY MOOOOHAWK LOLOL"

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ostyo said:

That art is just kinda...meh.

I was thinking the same thing. Especially Carol's part...

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this book, and by that I mean I REALLLYYYYY love this book. But the art in this issue seems a little too clunky. Maybe its the inking, but star lord's jaw just looks a little bit too much like a rectangle to me

This

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I'm only hopping on for Venom

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ostyo

@humanrocket: Wait, that was Carol? I just thought it is was some punk rock singer or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes, Star-Lord. Carol really is the best.