Posted by G-Man (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

There used to be a time, being part of the Green Lantern Corps would have been the best. With a power ring and limited to just your imagination, you could do just about anything. Unfortunately we're seeing what happens when members like John Stewart or Guy Gardner do what they think is necessary. There's some big changes coming.

Check out this exclusive preview courtesy of DC Comics.

Green Lantern Corps #12

• The epilogue to “ALPHA WAR.”
• The dust settles on the Corps’ war with the Alpha Lanterns. John Stewart’s final fate is revealed.
• GUY GARDNER learns the consequences of his defiance of the Guardians.

WRITTEN BY Peter Tomasi

PENCILS BY Fernando Pasarin

INKS BY Scott Hanna

COVER BY Pararin, Hanna and Gabe Eltaeb

ON SALE August 15, 2012

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks crazy

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34911 posts) - - Show Bio

John die?

#3 Posted by saoakden (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy cow, that looks crazy.

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been enjoying GLC more than any other Green Lantern book recently. I think Fernando Pasarin is great. His battle scenes are almost as much clustered fun as George Perez's. Plus he really puts extra effort into the nameless background alien GLs.

#5 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks amazing!

#6 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

John is awesome. My favorite GL!

#7 Posted by Utandi (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty awesome.

#8 Posted by NightFang (10247 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy and John are going too regret pissing off the Guardians.

#9 Posted by _Pinnacle (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel so stupid. I just remembered that one of the lanterns of Sector 2814 has to die for the new GL (Baz, I think?) to get a ring! I hope it's Guy. No one likes Guy.

#10 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

#11 Posted by Scheiner (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Pinnacle: I LIKE GUY!

#12 Posted by supermanfan122508 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Note to self: put this issue on my comics shopping list.

#13 Posted by mattwing87 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Pinnacle said:

I feel so stupid. I just remembered that one of the lanterns of Sector 2814 has to die for the new GL (Baz, I think?) to get a ring! I hope it's Guy. No one likes Guy.

No one is dying...yet. Guy Is awesome! No one likes John though. He is kind of boring and stale.

#14 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

No one is dying...yet. Guy Is awesome! No one likes John though. He is kind of boring and stale.

WOW racist.
#15 Posted by The_Tree (7931 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

Yes, because thinking a character is boring and stale equates to racism. I honestly hope you're joking.

#16 Posted by stormtrance1618 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy Gardner is awesome! So is Kyle. So is Hal. So is John!!! Love all four of them!

#17 Posted by The Stegman (25961 posts) - - Show Bio

Man the GLC have a lot of wars

#18 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

Not really racist. Its true. John is actually a very boring character.

Before anyone shouts racist, I'm a huge advocate for Cyborg, Black Lightning, Batwing, Blue Beetle, Elemental Woman and Ryan Choi. I'm not even white. But its true, John is a very very boring character.

#19 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

Before anyone shouts racist, I'm a huge advocate for Cyborg, Black Lightning, Batwing, Blue Beetle, Elemental Woman and Ryan Choi. I'm not even white. But its true, John is a very very boring character.

In actual fact, i think that taking a completely innocent and character based comment and saying it's racist because the character happens to be African American is racist in itself. Of course, then making a list of non white characters and saying you're a supporter of them could be construed a number of ways. Let's just agree that we all think that John Stewart is boring and stale and leave it at that ;P

#20 Posted by Skies327 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

In actual fact, i think that taking a completely innocent and character based comment and saying it's racist because the character happens to be African American is racist in itself. Of course, then making a list of non white characters and saying you're a supporter of them could be construed a number of ways. Let's just agree that we all think that John Stewart is boring and stale and leave it at that ;P

If John Stewart could read this argument he would blow up the planet for the good of the Corps.

#21 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

I HOPE GUY DIES!!! John Stewart is my favorite corps member ( i dont like the book he is in but i like him)

#22 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

If John Stewart could read this argument he would blow up the planet for the good of the Corps.

Yeah thats what he do. Blow up planets and kill ppl.

#23 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

You're also boring and stale when you're doing it. Don't forget that.

#24 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

Lol I was just kidding when I said racist. Didn't think it would spark so much talk. 
#25 Posted by VampireSelektor (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattwing87: John Stewart has a strong following, but the character has been the victim of mostly uninspired writing since his Guardian days.

#26 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

All John needs is to start sporting a nickname to be less boring and stale. I mean "The Dark Knight", "The Man of Steel", John would totally be less boring if he entered every panel speaking in third person announcing the appearance of John the Planet Killer.

#27 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

WHAHAhAHAHHAHAHA

Troll

#28 Posted by Luster77 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

i like all the lanterns, i don't care which one does their thing. if there's going to be another lantern from Earth, then i guess one of them has to die. personally i dont care which one, i just know it wont be Hal or Guy

#29 Posted by TypH (396 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks pretty sweet, loving how the cover looks!